John Quinto

Anyone Have Cards On SBSP Leads to SMD?

I'm running SBSP, and I already have a land missile defense advantage, but I kinda want to turn it into space missile defense, but I can't find any cards that say that SBSP powers or leads to SMD. I'm willing to trade cards if needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Why...

2. Plan creates the perception of BMD

Bertell ’96—PhD, Review Panel for the Solar-Powered Sattelite Project, internationally recognized expert in the field of radiation, Nobel recipient, World Federalist Peace Award, Ontario Premier’s Council on Health Innovator Award, UN Environment Program Global 500 Award, Sean MacBride International Peace Prize (Rosalie, “Background of the HAARP Project,†Earth Pulse)

Early review of the Solar Powered Satellite Project began in around 1978, and I was on the review panel. Although this was proposed as an energy program, it had significant military implications. One of the most significant, first pointed out by Michael J. Ozeroff, was the possibility of developing a satellite-borne beam weapon for anti-ballistic missile (ABM) use. The satellites were to be in geosynchronous orbits, each providing an excellent vantage point from which an entire hemisphere can be surveyed continuously. It was speculated that a high-energy laser beam could function as a thermal weapon to disable or destroy enemy missiles. There was some discussion of electron weapon beams, through the use of a laser beam to preheat a path for the following electron beam.

The reason I want to add in missile defense is so that it takes out impacts regarding ICBM. My other advantage is colonization so that my case outweighs any impacts on Earth.

That card is kind of bad, save it as an add on / impact takeout for the 2AC if you're sure you want to use it.

Also the tag seems wrong. Nothing within the text talks about perception by other countries.

That card is kind of bad, save it as an add on / impact takeout for the 2AC if you're sure you want to use it.

Also the tag seems wrong. Nothing within the text talks about perception by other countries.

The card is part of a Space Mil DA, yeah it doesn't mention perception but, I don't see what's wrong with the card, it directly says that SPS could be used as or used to power BMD...

But I suggest against using this on the aff--embedding aff's within affs (i.e. Afghan withdrawal causes Japan withdrawal, Constellation leads to SPS, etc.) are generally bad:

1. Huge boost in negative ground, especially the case if you read BMD as an advantage

2. CP: Implement BMD; ban SPS, the net benefits include any SPS specific DAs

As of right now, the only advantages that I'm familiar with are: Hegemony, Small Farms, Desalinization, and Global Warming. The one I swapped out for missile defense was global warming, and I only have two advantages because the area I'm in and my coach frowns upon spreading.

Yeah. Here you go:

Space-Based Solar Power Directly leads to Space Militarization

artie 11

because really guys. FUCK.

• Upvote 3