Sign in to follow this  
wayfreshnclean

Clayton/Ladue - Nov 18-19

Actually looking forward to this tournament, despite the usual lay judging. Clayton usually gets a good number of Springfield and KC teams so hopefully the competition will be more intense. The invite says there's a champ and reg division, but I bet they end up collapsing to open like last year.

Parkway West is sending:

Champ:

Dharma/Luo

Thomas/Hornsby

Picirillo/George

Santangelo/Hu

Reg:

Gondi/Younis

Robinson/Maitra

Lister/Barclay

Just curious, what politics scenarios have been read thus far after SKFTA has passed?

I have only heard super committee, versions of China bashing, and some payroll tax politics. DAs are terrible offense on this year's topic. Impact turning is the way to go

Nixa will attend.

Champ:

Erwin/Smith

Reg:

Overby/Ward

Springfield Central will also attend, and I feel like they should be packing two or three champ teams. I'll get one of them to clarify.

Should be fun!

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling there will be a couple new DA's put out for this tournament.

LOL @neg rep just email me and you can have them...

• Downvote 1

I have only heard super committee, versions of China bashing, and some payroll tax politics. DAs are terrible offense on this year's topic. Impact turning is the way to go

It's always nice to see some quality case debate. As for politics, China Bashing seemed to be the only thing I saw at KCKCC.

It's always nice to see some quality case debate. As for politics, China Bashing seemed to be the only thing I saw at KCKCC.

Which versions of china bashing were there? The Boehner Bashing, Obama PC, and the Winners Win scenario?

• Downvote 1

1 & 2

okay cool. Im going to try and put out an evidence update packet for eastern Missouri is anyone is interested. It will have updated politics DA's with aff answers, as well as case negs. Just email me or message me if you want it. Ill try and have it done tonight.

So, we just got word from our coach that there are so few entries in Champ teams will break straight to sems rather than combining reg and champ.

Nixa ES d. Parkway South SZ (2-1)

We had a lot of fun this weekend; these were honestly some of the best rounds we'll have all year for sure.

• Upvote 1

Thank you to Clayton for hosting a great tournament, and thanks to Nixa for a great finals round

• Upvote 3

Congrats to Nick and Devon for winning a tough Missouri tournament and props to Jeffrey and Muj for holding it down for the STL -- Y'all were all on point this weekend.

• Upvote 2

From what Ive heard this was one of the most difficult tournaments, props to everyone.