Lifeline

Best way to beat Space Dominance Advs?

Would it be more strategic to turn dominance, prove that the plan can't solve for it, or to provide a counterplan and prove that you solve better? Is there a better alternative than these three?

Personally, I think it'd be best to turn it, seeing as most teams would be better prepared to answer deficits on dominance, not turns. However, I think turning it is difficult because it'd be hard to prove that heg is bad in every instance.

Would it be more strategic to turn dominance, prove that the plan can't solve for it, or to provide a counterplan and prove that you solve better? Is there a better alternative than these three?

Personally, I think it'd be best to turn it, seeing as most teams would be better prepared to answer deficits on dominance, not turns. However, I think turning it is difficult because it'd be hard to prove that heg is bad in every instance.

The best way to beat heg good is heg bad. *BOOMHEADSHOT

But really, you don't really need to prove that heg is bad in every instance, just in the context of preventing war.

There is a card I used for heg f/l's or to supplement empire d/a's. It talks about a theory called "Hollow Hegemony" which argues that social paradigm's control a states hegemony, but the states themselves. You may look into that.

1-off imperialism/security/colonization K would be a fun strat, easily turn heg impacts.

Dip-cap d/a's could work here too. You could say that soft power can only be maintained through good working relations, and that space travel lead to a space race where other countries won't support us, and other countries will rise against us. Just a theory, i really havent run dip cap that much so i don't know a whole lot about it.

Argue that Chinese Space Dominance also solves war, and answer the transition war arguments.

It'd be especially effective if complemented with unique US-specific reasons that hegemony fails to stop war. You could probably make a decent argument that hegemony is less effective in democratic states. That way Chinese Dominance looks especially promising.

I would start the 1NC with 3 things - impact turns (or link turns in some instance, but impact turning is probably better given that U is on the affs side) to the advantage, an adv CP that solves heg and the other advs, and a kritik with heg as a clear possible link (read: cap). You can concede the CP doesn't solve and go for impact turns, but you start off with covering your bases so that you can still win in a world where you loose heg good/bad.

Of these three, I would say that the CP is the safest bet unless you don't have evidence that it links to politics, or in case they undercover heg good/bad or the K.

But, if you're good at going for the K, then go for the K - the Cap K works best since it links to the other advantages (I can guarantee that there's ev that everything links to cap), but imperialism and generic hegemony Ks are also workable against heg affs.

IMPACT TURN IT -

Win some sort of solvency deficit on why the affirmatives type of system they use to cement space dominance is unfeasible and then win a militarization disad with a perception based link. Yes, teams are obviously going to be ready on the space mil good/bad debate, but you are ultimately on the right side if they read a space militarization advantage.