CheeseyPoofz

Round 420 [Space] tommy949 [Aff] vs. RomaDebater [neg]

I'd like to judge this debate. i'm ok with almost every argument, but the big thing for me is indepth warrented analysis on your arguments. people often forget to explain why their argument is important in the larger context of the debate.

I'm cool with both of you judging.

CX Time; I'll keep it short:

2. By global distribution, do you mean distributing them to different nations or spreading them across space?
  3. How far into space are you distributing them?
  4. Why do we have an "obligation to rectify the government's failure to provide energy to the poor"? What makes the USFG obligated to do so?
  5. Your Tully in 06 card reads that "governments are expected to provide access to an equal supply of electricity to all individuals within their jurisdiction or control." You also mentioned that the countries with the EOP are in places like India and China. Therefore, how would passing the plan give these people (non-US-citizens, mind you) energy?
  6. So 33 percent of people lack electricity? Why bother living then?
  7. Are there any policies involving the USFG developing and demonstrating space-based solar power for global distribution in the status quo?

I'm cool with both of you judging.

CX Time; I'll keep it short:

2. By global distribution, do you mean distributing them to different nations or spreading them across space?
    Giving them to every single nation in the world
  3. How far into space are you distributing them?
    This is irrevalent, we are just distributing the the electricity produced by SPS to different nations. To answer your question, geostationary orbit
  4. Why do we have an "obligation to rectify the government's failure to provide energy to the poor"? What makes the USFG obligated to do so?
    The USFG has been the one exploiting Africa the most for the past few centuries which currently only has 10% of its people in the entire continent have electricity. The USFG has to rectify the government's failure to provide energy to the poor because our capitalist system right now is ignoring the needs of the people, all they want to do is profit, we just want the USFG to change their views of looking at things and give energy to people in need.
  5. Your Tully in 06 card reads that "governments are expected to provide access to an equal supply of electricity to all individuals within their jurisdiction or control." You also mentioned that the countries with the EOP are in places like India and China. Therefore, how would passing the plan give these people (non-US-citizens, mind you) energy?The EOP is the energy oppressed poor if you read the note in the card, the energy oppressed poor is in every single developing country even in places like India, CHina and Brazil. If you read the tagline of the card, it says that even though governments are expected to provide acess to an equal supply of electricity to all individuals within their jurisdiction, most either don't have the funding or just overlook the people living in EOP conditions.
  6. So 33 percent of people lack electricity? Why bother living then? It's not their fault that they lack electricity, they were just born in a poor country or area, and they usually have to live in those conditions unless somebody decides to help.
  7. Are there any policies involving the USFG developing and demonstrating space-based solar power for global distribution in the status quo? The USFG has not done so for global distribution but they are looking forward to redevelop SPS, the tech is there, we just need some funding.

4. Ok so if other countries can overlook this, why can't/shouldn't the USFG?

Also, one more question: So we're supposed to save the EOP people right? Up to where are you willing to go to save them? Would you risk anything to save these EOP is what I'm asking, basically.

And I don't wanna come off as rude or a dick but you underlined way past the word count. :unsure: :S

4. Ok so if other countries can overlook this, why can't/shouldn't the USFG? That's the purpose of the plan, to stop the USFG and other countries overlooking these people

Also, one more question: So we're supposed to save the EOP people right? Up to where are you willing to go to save them? Would you risk anything to save these EOP is what I'm asking, basically.Don't get what you mean by save, we only save them to the point in which they don't suffer from certain preventable diseases like giving them electrical pumps to give clean water, oven stoves that don;t use wood and just electricity to their houses, they can work by themselves from there.Things like clean SPS electricity can also provide clean sanitation to their places

And I don't wanna come off as rude or a dick but you underlined way past the word count. LOL, I didn't even know how many words I did underline, this is my first Vdebate so like I don't know if there was a program that could help me with that :unsure: :S

To underline, you should highlight all the parts you'd want to read (including tags + authors) and then click ctrl + f and go under like options and select formatting > highlight. Then select all, and word count that.

• Upvote 2

To underline, you should highlight all the parts you'd want to read (including tags + authors) and then click ctrl + f and go under like options and select formatting > highlight. Then select all, and word count that.

^ What he said. I'll wait for you to re-post within the word count. I'll post as soon as that's ready.

A few questions

How exactly does the GOP want isolationism if they are reelected, they started the war in the middle east in the first place?

Is your K and CP conditional?

How exactly is developing SPS exploring other parts of the universe?

ALso your Gottlieb 94 card says, our plan causes mass starvations, devastation of natural resources and increases environmental disease rates but how aka how do we link to this K?

How do we minimize or eliminate all pain and suffering?

Is this a floating PIK?

How does your alt, imagining global suicide solve?

How do we not use all branches of the United States federal government?

Is your 2nd T violation talking about how increase does not = create?

A few questions

How exactly does the GOP want isolationism if they are reelected, they started the war in the middle east in the first place?

Exactly. They (Bush) started the war in Afghanistan, and the GOP has changed since then. Our Reuters in 11 card talks about how the current GOP candidates are breaking party traditions and that "there is an isolationist streak now running nowthrough the Republican Party"

Is your K and CP conditional?

K: Yes. There is no CP. Our alt is part of our K.

How exactly is developing SPS exploring other parts of the universe?

Because, according to you, you're expanding space exploration/development beyond the mesosphere, which is another part of the mesosphere since it's not the biosphere which we are standing on today.

ALso your Gottlieb 94 card says, our plan causes mass starvations, devastation of natural resources and increases environmental disease rates but how aka how do we link to this K?

You're misinterpreting the K. You link because you're trying to save humans by minimizing their pain due to lack of electricity (ie giving them what you believe everyone is entitled to). You're not looking at this anthropocentricly.

How do we minimize or eliminate all pain and suffering?

I don't quite understand. Are you asking how the alt ends all pain and suffering or how you're plan eliminates all pain and suffering?

Is this a floating PIK?

I'm not very familiar with K jargon. If you'd explain, I'd be able to answer better.

How does your alt, imagining global suicide solve?

Our Kochi and Ordan in 8 card shows that we need to step back from thinking of things as how they benefit humans and take an anthropocentric approach. Imagine that the world was with no humans, and with this you can take into consideration nature and other things besides just homo-sapiens.

How do we not use all branches of the United States federal government?

What I'm saying is that you didn't specify which agent of the USFG was proposing the plan.

Is your 2nd T violation talking about how increase does not = create?

The 2nd T violation says that T: increase means that you are increasing something already in effect, therefore you creating a policy and not increasing it in terms of efficiency or whatever is not topical.

Is your DA and your T conditional?

I think you're misinterpreting the K, how do we end up degrading the environment,a majority of your cards on your K say non human nature so how are we degrading/destroying non human nature?