SoonerDebate

Critical Debaters Handbook.....

Just wondering, but would you also have a full indepth version manual of standard debate (STOCK Issues, theory, CPs, DAs, popular generics, etc), but more in depth and covering vocabulary and technicalities which may be uncommon?

I'd be very interested in that.

Just wondering, but would you also have a full indepth version manual of standard debate (STOCK Issues, theory, CPs, DAs, popular generics, etc), but more in depth and covering vocabulary and technicalities which may be uncommon?

I'd be very interested in that.

Not from Jackie (SoonerDebate), I would suggest looking for old books/pamphlets on how to debate.
  • Upvote 3

Hey, as usual, Ninjas are right, I don't, but Dr. Snider at debate.uvm.edu has a website with videos, and if you email him, he has a booklet he calls the Code of the Debater if your interested in such things.

As part of my research for my history major I'm trying to ground the emergence of kritikal debate historically in the context of the wider United States. How much discussion of the history of the K is there present in this handbook? If not much, are there other written records you could perhaps point me to?

• Upvote 1

Hello,

There is a  brief discussion on the history of the Kritik in college debate.

I wanted to tell everyone that I am almost done with the Critical Debaters Handbook Part 2..."Debate Critical Affirmatives"

Peace,

Jackie

Will this ever be made public for free?

It seems counterintuitve to me that all these policy wonks make their stuff free (from Emory's Handbook on down) but critique debaters whose focus is increasing debate participation charge money.  

Will this ever be made public for free?

It seems counterintuitve to me that all these policy wonks make their stuff free (from Emory's Handbook on down) but critique debaters whose focus is increasing debate participation charge money.  

your counterintuitive....

• Upvote 1