artie

lockouts

COME ON PEOPLE, THIS IS BIG NEWS. sports, get more active.

i blame sevvs for this lack of interest.

COME ON PEOPLE, THIS IS BIG NEWS. sports, get more active.

i blame sevvs for this lack of interest.

I blame the new layout. The site is just uncomfortable to look at. I check it less often myself.

Also, the NBA and NFL have the disadvantage of having college versions of their game that are just as enjoyable to watch, if not more.

If some NCAA games can shift themselves to Sunday's, I'd barely care that the NFL was gone. "Oh no, the Lions arent losing this week...."

NHL has gotten a lot better lately. You guys should all give hockey a try.

The sad part is that the NBA lockout will probably kill off any chance that we have to get popular support for a new arena and keep the Kings. Not that Stern cares.

I used to be a huge basketball fan when I was younger. I'd watch any game that was on, negotiate with parents to stay up late during the playoffs, memorize every stat I could get my hands on, grab the sports section to check box scores and draft prospects in the morning, etc. But then the 1998 NBA lockout deprived me of my drug and I quit. Ever since then, I've been an "eh" fan who occasionally follows the playoffs (though there have been years when I haven't seen a single Finals clip), has weak team loyalties, and almost never watches a regular season game, no matter who's playing. I've seen one live Bulls game since moving to Chicago three years ago (11-year-old me is vomiting at the thought that I've squandered this opportunity).

This year, I started to get excited again. I watched some regular season games (following my Celtics and Bulls with a mild zeal I haven't had in years). I caught several playoff games and all but one Finals game. I was getting hooked again!

So, naturally, the universe again conspires to force "cold turkey" on me and another lockout looms. Let's see if I start to give a shit again in 2024... (Nevermind that this lockout will cause another generation of kids like me 13 years ago to give up on pro basketball for a decade.)

Meh. Aside from a passing interest in Oklahoma City, I don't much care about the NBA, though the blame for that is probably mostly on the shoulders of that whole Kansas basketball thing. I like the average NFL game quite a bit better than an average college football game, but find the NBA boring in comparison to the college game. Something about the NBA just strikes me as uninteresting. Glad there will probably be Chiefs football this year though.

Meh. Aside from a passing interest in Oklahoma City, I don't much care about the NBA, though the blame for that is probably mostly on the shoulders of that whole Kansas basketball thing. I like the average NFL game quite a bit better than an average college football game, but find the NBA boring in comparison to the college game. Something about the NBA just strikes me as uninteresting. Glad there will probably be Chiefs football this year though.

surprise, there won't be.