falafel

Ashtar/Timecube

I don't dislike Ashtar or Timecube in and of themselves; I just think that originality is an important part of guerrilla communication.

But, I've rethought it and I wouldn't do much to their speaker points if I heard this argument. I'd only dock them about 1.5 speaker points each, and they could earn those points back if they were good enough on other issues. Also if their opponents messed up while answering it I'd hurt their opponents' speaker points just as much, if not more.

I watched one of my novice team's rounds a while back, and their opponents (neg) ran time cube. The judge stopped the round, signed the ballot aff, and told them to burn the file.

That. is. hilarious. lmfao!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I watched one of my novice team's rounds a while back, and their opponents (neg) ran time cube. The judge stopped the round, signed the ballot aff, and told them to burn the file.

1/5th of your total rep is from this post.

• Upvote 5

I run things such as ashtar in my local tournaments, because honestly there's no real education in debate and it's slightly more fun than ranting about the world resolved for five minutes.

PS: my ashtar solvency says that in August of 2011 ashtar will come, and because im a lazy bum I run timecube with it....and yes I have read 100% of timecube.com

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

honestly there's no real education in debate

It's this very thinking that makes debate un-educational. Perhaps the choice isn't strictly between Ashtar and framework.

• Upvote 1

I run things such as ashtar in my local tournaments, because honestly there's no real education in debate and it's slightly more fun than ranting about the world resolved for five minutes.

PS: my ashtar solvency says that in August of 2011 ashtar will come, and because im a lazy bum I run timecube with it....and yes I have read 100% of timecube.com

"I am a pretentious douche who looks down my nose at all of you because I feel more enlightened about an activity that we all do even though I withdrew from the legitimate parts of the activity in order to dick around because that all sounded hard and stuff."

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

*4 sides and a top and a bottom

actually, Gene Ray argues that the top and bottom don't count because you don't count the ceiling and the floor when you count the walls in a room.

• Upvote 1

I'm in a really bad in state circuit, and there was a team that went around beating less prepared in state schools with Consult Ashtar CP, Consult Kanye West CP (both as "funconditional" counterplans), Time Cube Spec, Ashtar Disad, Wipeout Disad, and then 2 more minutes of spec arguments.

Our varsity blocks to answering all of them included a variation of "vote down the team because fuck them that's why" and for good reason.

• Upvote 3