Hailie Johnson

Aurora Borealis

So i was looking at what was above the thermosphere and it turns out that is where the aurora borealis (northern lights) comes up. I was thinking that it would be cool to do some kind of an aff on this but i dont know how i would work it. Not sure if this is gonna work but its an idea. any advice?

So i was looking at what was above the thermosphere and it turns out that is where the aurora borealis (northern lights) comes up. I was thinking that it would be cool to do some kind of an aff on this but i dont know how i would work it. Not sure if this is gonna work but its an idea. any advice?

I'm not sure what there is to "explore" and/or "develop" with the northern lights; I mean, they're cool to look at but...????

• Upvote 2

Anyway, I'm totally making an nyan cat aff with explanations from meme websites. Nyan cat is a form of rainbow-poo pulse propulsion, infinite travel, etc.

• Upvote 1

Well i wanted to do some kind of like an energy aff... but couldnt find any info on anyone looking to utilize them as an energy source

Aurora Borealis can't be harnessed because in it is just light. However, the phenomena occurs because of charged particles entering the atmosphere (in here), so its possible the source of the light may be harnessed, but I doubt it'd be any more efficient (and indeed probably less so) than solar power.

Maybe there are some critical ramifications, though?

and if you want to do an energy aff there is tons of evidence out there about solar power that can be beamed down with microwaves from orbit.

haha for realz? that seems a little bit out there

Nahhhh man... its a lot more feasible than even solar wind stuff... atleast there are way more articles on it. beaming it down to earth with microwaves is just the easiest way to transfer the energy through the atmosphere. it would just be like a ton of solar panels in orbit... its not out there at all when you look at any other case that will be run this year (Except for gay ones like law and satellites).

• Downvote 2

Nahhhh man... its a lot more feasible than even solar wind stuff... atleast there are way more articles on it. beaming it down to earth with microwaves is just the easiest way to transfer the energy through the atmosphere. it would just be like a ton of solar panels in orbit... its not out there at all when you look at any other case that will be run this year (Except for gay ones like law and satellites).

haha i am not a man, i am a girl. but thanks though. i guess that could possibly work. and yeah law and satellites are gay

• Downvote 2

haha i am not a man, i am a girl. but thanks though. i guess that could possibly work. and yeah law and satellites are gay

(Don't worry I call everyone man... I'm not a sexist. lol) Your exactly right on that one, I mean come on! the debate gods bless us with a fun topic but there will still be people running unimaginative unoriginal ideas.... And spending DAs will prolly have everyone doing lame Affs like that by the end of the year.

• Downvote 1

(Don't worry I call everyone man... I'm not a sexist. lol) Your exactly right on that one, I mean come on! the debate gods bless us with a fun topic but there will still be people running unimaginative unoriginal ideas.... And spending DAs will prolly have everyone doing lame Affs like that by the end of the year.

honestly i think everyone will be using that stupid spending DA... i wish we could just destroy it. im so tired of getting that every year

honestly i think everyone will be using that stupid spending DA... i wish we could just destroy it. im so tired of getting that every year

Make a theory argument that fiat=no spending issues. Sure, spending is core neg ground, but aff is already forcing the government to pass something it probably doesn't want passed. Make it a game-theory type of argument, where debate is just a game, none of it is real, we should just focus on the plan itself, blah blah blah.

Also point out that our national debt tripled with no impact in recent years (no it did not cause the recession of 2008)

Make a theory argument that fiat=no spending issues. Sure, spending is core neg ground, but aff is already forcing the government to pass something it probably doesn't want passed. Make it a game-theory type of argument, where debate is just a game, none of it is real, we should just focus on the plan itself, blah blah blah.

Also point out that our national debt tripled with no impact in recent years (no it did not cause the recession of 2008)

That sounds genius! the only problem is wouldnt that be somewhat abusive because it is taking away a lot of neg ground? and if i were to go about that how would you suggest doing that?

just on the fact that (While it may destroy a little neg ground)it destroys waaaaaay more education since with spending debates you learn nothing about the intricacies of the plan and or space.

I guess you have a point there. hmm i think i may have to put something like that together

Doesn't HAARP have something to do with this?

I know that there are some decent conspiracy arguments about HAARP. You could use those.

Doesn't HAARP have something to do with this?

I know that there are some decent conspiracy arguments about HAARP. You could use those.

I love all these ideas you guys are giving me and i appreciate it so much but i am just coming out of my novice year and while i am pretty experienced i do need a little help. whats HAARP? and how would i go about this whole debt DA criticizing? Thanks again!

I love all these ideas you guys are giving me and i appreciate it so much but i am just coming out of my novice year and while i am pretty experienced i do need a little help. whats HAARP?

Here is the best place for you to learn about HAARP. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=HAARP