theglobalcowboy

NFL Policy Elims

Finals is Greenhill (aff) v George Washington (neg)

I know George Washington won for a fact (I watched it), but I heard that Greenhill won as well. Can anyone verify?

they faced in round 13 and GW won on aft on a 3-0

It's streaming now - can be found on the nfl facebook page.

the panel was announced - sorry for mispellings. got some of the affiliations

gig harbor chris cobert

mtn brook jeff roberts.

dept asst sec ME colin kahl.

gbn michael greenstein.

daryl burch.

lee's summit - nate smith.

gbs tara tate.

marty laber.

ft lauderdale - james wakefield.

judy croll.

russ tidwell.

It's streaming now - can be found on the nfl facebook page.

the panel was announced - sorry for mispellings. got some of the affiliations

gig harbor chris cobert

mtn brook jeff roberts.

dept asst sec ME colin kahl.

gbn michael greenstein.

daryl burch.

lee's summit - nate smith.

gbs tara tate.

marty laber.

ft lauderdale - james wakefield.

judy croll. I believe Judy Kroll, and Brookings (SD)

russ tidwell.

The 1A is kind of a douche

The entire 1ac and 2ac was spiking out by being not substantial enough. Why didn't they run T? Is that not allowed?

• Upvote 1

The entire 1ac and 2ac was spiking out by being not substantial enough. Why didn't they run T? Is that not allowed?

They were substantial, or so I thought. There wasn't just a unified understanding of the disad, so it was being answered in funky ways. T is allowed, they just decided against running it.

They were substantial, or so I thought. There wasn't just a unified understanding of the disad, so it was being answered in funky ways. T is allowed, they just decided against running it.

Well, I don't think they really were. Part of their argument against the DA was that they weren't removing enough troops, and that a lot of other troops would remain. If you're spiking out of a disad by saying that you're not removing enough troops, then it definitely isn't substantial. That is also in-round abuse.

Well, I don't think they really were. Part of their argument against the DA was that they weren't removing enough troops, and that a lot of other troops would remain. If you're spiking out of a disad by saying that you're not removing enough troops, then it definitely isn't substantial. That is also in-round abuse.

Even if that were true, the Negative never raised a point resembling that.

I thought that Greenhill won for a couple of reasons - notably the add-on. I thought that it was mishandled by the block and the 1AR and 2AR were good on it. I thought that the Aff was ahead on the link to the disad b/c they engaged the Neg on the link debate (numbers don't o/w perception, etc) to a larger degree than the neg did on the case debate - I ended up thinking that the alliance turn was non-unique b/c there are disputes in the squo. Also, as a framing question, the effectiveness of the marines is low now, so the aff only needed to win a risk of improving that.

• Upvote 1

Even if that were true, the Negative never raised a point resembling that.

I know. I was just saying that the negative should have, and that the aff was questionably substantial.

It is fairly obvious that Greenhill won on the flow, but GW captured the ethos from the beginning of the CX of the 1AC. That could really influence a lot of the judges.

• Upvote 1

So when will this be announced?

At the awards ceremony (starts at 5 but they probably won't announce the result well into it).

• Upvote 1