STADB9

NFL Fantasy Nationals 2011

Sooooo, do we just wait until all the other people have chosen to post our choices?

Yes. There's officially 24 hours available to make any given selection, though I had rather hoped that by giving a week's notice of the draft order and opening time, we could do better than this for the first round.

The history of this event is filled with people signing up for teams, committing to check the board daily, and then wandering off due to distraction by shiny objects.

That's more like it. Chillzherency on the clock as of 1:37...and Carey would seem to face an interesting dilemma with his pick.

Regrettably adding an eleventh team would screw up the utility slot. Dylan takes over the roster of the first team that misses a pick.

Sorry, I don't know if I'm supposed to email you this, but can we pick Policy Kenney/Towster for our first choice

I think in past years people have just posted their picks here. [EDIT: However, IIRC you can email an ordered list of picks to be chosen automatically from what is available to speed up the process.]

It's usually interesting to see how many policy teams are picked in the first round. Despite judging much more this year than any other year after I graduated, I don't know much about the competitors except for policy and a bit about Congress after the SuperCongress. I'll be curious to see how this all plays out.

Team Habler is up. Remember SME KT is not available but still on the list until Mr. Dubois checks back in to update.

Jackson is correct--people should post their picks directly to this thread unless they're going to be away, in which case they can email their picks to me as a courtesy to the other players. And Habler is on the clock.

Please don't wait for me to put you "on the clock" to post picks. If you know you're up in the order, just go for it. We want this to go as quickly as possible.

It's understandable that policy teams will go early; Kansas tends to perform best in policy debate and there's more of a statewide standard by which we can evaluate teams relative to one another. Historically, though, you WIN this game by having solid policy/congress entries and then picking up somebody in an IE who goes 12 or 13. There's usually a much greater difference scorewise between the best Kansan and the fourth best Kansan in, say, LD or OO than there is in policy.

OldSchool and SMNDebate have sent their picks via PM but I require a clarification on OldSchool's second pick before posting it.

OLDSCHOOL: Courtney Bollig, HI, STA

SMNDEBATE: Alek Eskilson, SEN, SHHS

SMNDEBATE: Anna Zimmerman, DX, Topeka

Will wait on OldSchool's clarification and then JigglyLaker will be back on the clock.

EDIT: In the interest of speed, I do know that OldSchool's selection is an LDer. We can start the clock with JigglyLaker at this time and let people make selections until somebody indicates that they are considering an LDer with their next pick, at which point I will stop the clock and wait on OldSchool's clarification for a maximum of 24 hours. If OldSchool's clarification comes in in the meantime I will post it.

• Upvote 1

OldSchool's round two pick is Evan Johnson, LD, Wichita East.

If Chillzherency hasn't selected by 1:19 PM, that team becomes DClark and TJ goes on the clock. DClark will be permitted to jump into the queue for his second round pick whenever he logs on.

• Upvote 1