Sign in to follow this  
Oscar the Grouch

Royals fans are funny

there seems to be this hatred of st. louis that exists from kansas city fans. i find this humorous. Like this attempt at at being clever from the Kansas City Star:

Bring on the Cardinals

BY SAM MELLINGER | THE KANSAS CITY STAR

Get ready, Kansas City: Here come the Cardinals.

And more annoyingly, the self-appointed Best Fans In Baseball.

Today through Sunday, the red-clad Cards faithful will grace us with their presence and pretend that Kauffman Stadium isn’t better than that rush-job “new†Busch Stadium.

This series is always a bit more anticipated on this side of Missouri than the one that takes place under that useless Arch, but in the interest of brotherhood and Midwestern kindness, let’s set aside our differences and see how Kansas City stacks up against St. Louis.

For instance, neither of us had an NHL playoff team this year, and neither will have Albert Pujols next year.

Here are more points of comparison:

Food options

•Kansas City: Much more than just barbecue.

•St. Louis: Basically, just Italian food.

Businesses

•Kansas City: Employees at Boulevard Brewery invite you to responsibly enjoy a delicious beer.

•St. Louis: Employees at Enterprise Rent-A-Car harass you about buying redundant insurance.

Crime

•Kansas City: Was a well-known mafia hub and hometown of Jesse James a long time ago.

•St. Louis: Passed Camden, N.J., as the most dangerous city in America last year.

Fans

•Kansas City: Complained as Billy Butler led the league by grounding into 32 double plays last year.

•St. Louis: Pretending that Albert Pujols isn’t on pace to hit into almost 50 double plays this year.

Entertainers

•Kansas City: Jason Sudeikis is among a group of natives who are emerging as stars in television and the movies.

•St. Louis: Cedric the Entertainer is among a group of natives who were sort of popular, like, 10 years ago.

NFL team

•Kansas City: Still one of the best game-day experiences in the country.

•St. Louis: Still lots of good seats available.

Baseball manager

•Kansas City: Ned Yost wants you to know the future is coming fast.

•St. Louis: Tony La Russa wants you to know he’s really smart.

Biggest home-game cheers

•Kansas City: Home run by Eric Hosmer.

•St. Louis: Sacrifice bunt by Skip Schumaker.

World Series titles after 1982

•Kansas City: One.

•St. Louis: One.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/19/2888582/how-kansas-city-and-st-louis-compare.html#ixzz1MvC0awjL

• Upvote 1

This wouldn't have happened if most Cardinals fans weren't such unrepentant dicks. As an aside, it would help if people would stop complaining about Game 6 of the '85 series.

Also, as someone who spent the last school year in the St. Louis Metro (and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future), St. Louis does kind of suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm a Royals fan but I'm also from Nebraska, and it seems to me that the relationship between Royals and Cardinals fans is very similar to the relationship between Nebraska and Missouri football fans: Royals/Misery fans see it as a rivalry because they occasionally win a game, but the other program/team (Cardinals/Huskers) is overall a lot more prestigious, historic, and flat-out better.

That stings a little bit saying it as a Royals fan, but it's true. Probably more true about football, though. I hate that I like the same baseball team as Misery fans. And to be fair, St. Louis does suck.

This wouldn't have happened if most Cardinals fans weren't such unrepentant dicks. As an aside, it would help if people would stop complaining about Game 6 of the '85 series.

Also, as someone who spent the last school year in the St. Louis Metro (and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future), St. Louis does kind of suck.

We'll stop complaining about a blown call that single-handedly caused us to lose the world series (because it led to a game 7 that shouldn't have taken place) whenever Royals fans stop bragging about winning that world series. The baseball teams are no longer the same teams they were in 1985, and the Royals lost to the Cardinals this year, and oh yeah, aren't tied with the Indians for most wins in baseball.

The only time I see or read about Cardinals fans being dicks is directly in response to Royals fans being dicks or calling Cardinals fans dicks.

The royals farm system is simply better than the cardinals. We're moving talent like Eric Hosmer up from AAA, and your farm system is depleted, though slowly getting better. Our farm system has been one of the best for a while. We'll be kicking the shit out of the cardinals in 2 years. Since Albert Pujols is going to be gone, you'll start losing more games as well because you'll lose a big bat. So, 2 years.

• Downvote 2

The only time I see or read about Cardinals fans being dicks is directly in response to Royals fans being dicks or calling Cardinals fans dicks.

Shut up you live in Springfield. As for Cardinals fans being dicks only because Royals fans act like dicks, lol. Try going out to Kauffman during a Royals/Cardinals game. You'd be amazed at who's being a dick to who.

We'll stop complaining about a blown call that single-handedly caused us to lose the world series (because it led to a game 7 that shouldn't have taken place) whenever Royals fans stop bragging about winning that world series.

You're right, it's Denkinger's fault that both Jack Clark and Darrell Porter fucked up the pop foul in the Balboni AB. It's Denkinger's fault that Todd Worrell misplayed Jim Sundberg's sacrifice bunt (which, by the way, caused Orta to be forced out at third, so, you know, the baserunner put on by Denkinger's missed call was out). It's Denkinger's fault that Darrell Porter (who had already fucked up an easy play earlier in the inning) allowed a pass ball that caused the runners to move up. It's Denkinger's fault that the Cardinals' defense gave up a RF single to Dane Lorg, and that Porter missed the tag on the winning run. ALL DENKINGER'S FAULT!

Look, it cuts both ways. In the fourth inning, a blown call at second base sent Frank White to the dugout right before Pat Sheridan got a base hit that probably results in a run scored, but nobody seems to remember that. If the Cardinals were truly deserving of the championship they would have 1) hit better than .187 for the series and 2) bothered to show up to Game 7. Instead they got blown out 11-0.

As for bragging, I've never been in a conversation involving the '85 series (other than this one, and it only started as it did as a reference to this) that wasn't started by some cockmunch Cardinals "fan" trying to bitch about the Denkinger call.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Shut up you live in Springfield. As for Cardinals fans being dicks only because Royals fans act like dicks, lol. Try going out to Kauffman during a Royals/Cardinals game. You'd be amazed at who's being a dick to who.

You mean like the Royals/Cardinals games I've gone to at Busch with endless, insufferable Royals fans?

Cardinals & Royals Fans: You guys were the dicks first

What's actually happening: both fans are dicks

Today's XKCD is awesomely relevant

sports.png

Yeah yeah, it hurts that I'm in Springfield and we're a thoroughly Cardinals town. Thing is, I still don't see Cardinals fans doing what Royals Fans do. I never find a Cardinals fan bitching about how the Royals are really overrated and all these Royals [insert pejorative fan term here] are dicks. I also don't see Post-Dispatch articles bashing Kansas- which, by the way, is pathetic.

Also, who cares about 1985? Old Cardinals fans will bitch, Royals fans will do some vague copy of what you just did. Everyone else will not give a flying fuck.

You mean like the Royals/Cardinals games I've gone to at Busch with endless, insufferable Royals fans?

Cardinals & Royals Fans: You guys were the dicks first

What's actually happening: both fans are dicks

Today's XKCD is awesomely relevant

sports.png

Yeah yeah, it hurts that I'm in Springfield and we're a thoroughly Cardinals town. Thing is, I still don't see Cardinals fans doing what Royals Fans do. I never find a Cardinals fan bitching about how the Royals are really overrated and all these Royals [insert pejorative fan term here] are dicks. I also don't see Post-Dispatch articles bashing Kansas- which, by the way, is pathetic.

Also, who cares about 1985? Old Cardinals fans will bitch, Royals fans will do some vague copy of what you just did. Everyone else will not give a flying fuck.

No one calls the Royals overrated because, well, look at their season finishes and current record.