Sign in to follow this  
...Hi...

Nietzsche aff

Hey so I was looking through Coppell's Nietzsche aff and I really liked it. But, I started thinking about how to cut one for next year that could actually be topical. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hey so I was looking through Coppell's Nietzsche aff and I really liked it. But, I started thinking about how to cut one for next year that could actually be topical. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You could use the Will to Power ideas to justify a space militarization Aff, or maybe shoot to use the superman ideas to justify space stuff...just brainstorming. If you wanted to be more nuanced, you could read advantages of space exploration and then refuse to do a plan. Claim your standard suffering inevitable and that it would be better to just let it burn, and that the only reason you should affirm going to space is if you feel like it. On T and framework you can deploy the standard theory/framework along with Nietz's ideas of the Master and Slave morality. That would be a fun round to watch, although admittedly, unless you're Gonzaba or Murry good, you probably won't win this. Hope I jogged your mind into coming up with an actual plan.

You could use the Will to Power ideas to justify a space militarization Aff, or maybe shoot to use the superman ideas to justify space stuff...just brainstorming.

That's probably just a reactive will to power. You'd be better off reading realism cards.

Thanks in advance.

Why?

This aff is neither strategic nor particularly good. It's just a basic Nietzschean suffering/security argument.

• Upvote 4

If you do something involving the 'superman,' do not call it the superman.

Ubermensch is way more legit.

Just read the entire thing in German. It's a badass sounding language.

• Upvote 3

Won't help with some of the arguments to make, but will make the aff a lot better: Check out David Bowie. In particular, "Oh! You Pretty Things" and "Quicksand" from Hunky Dory (then again, I'm partial to that album), but you'll probably find stuff on The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and Space Oddity as well.

Kos, you should stop letting these ideas out into the wild open. Save them all for NDI and then we will write a ton of insane affs. The David Bowie connection is one I also thought about so I am pretty stoked that you are already knocking those ideas around. Main point, you are the only alien that I know who is willing to talk about and work on debate arguments with me...I am a greedy person and would appreciate it if you immediately stopped divulging the secrets of your alien consciousness hahaha. Furthermore, Fred and I are working on an aff for a potential NDI demonstration debate round that might require some of your help...we want to have an alien encounter and once again you came immediately to mind. Truthfully, everyone should prolly listen to Koslow when it comes to this type stuff. He is wicked smart and insanely well read on Nietzsche and certainly is capable of wild creativity. Too bad the masses will never see him eat cereal. Looking forward to seeing this summer! Tell Jeff and Chris whats up from all of us Cornhuskers.

Just read the entire thing in German. It's a badass sounding language.

It's really angry though haha.

Not as mad-sounding as Russian though haha.

You could use the Will to Power ideas to justify a space militarization Aff, or maybe shoot to use the superman ideas to justify space stuff...just brainstorming.

Cursory brainstorming makes me think that space militarization and space exploration would be ways of revealing and dominating the unknown elements in both international politics and space, just saying

Cursory brainstorming makes me think that space militarization and space exploration would be ways of revealing and dominating the unknown elements in both international politics and space, just saying

Probably a method of unification under a singular moral/ideological hegemony.

Why?

This aff is neither strategic nor particularly good. It's just a basic Nietzschean suffering/security argument.

Couldn't have said it better, Chris :)

• Upvote 1