Killa Kev

reading help

I have been speed reading and I have been doing this

8 min pen in my mouth

8 min backwards

8 min over annunciating

8 min putting mississippi in between words

16 min reading fast

I would start off reading 8 min fast, then do everything else, then do 8 min fast after. Reason for this is because at tournaments I would have to speak fast first (ie I couldn't do drills before the round). Anyway when I speed read first Im usually good at first and I breath between words (not each word but after a random set). After a while however I find the need to burp and I keep the burp in but then I go slower. For my last 8 min Im usually better but can anyone diagnose this problem?

Typically needs to burp or hiccup while spreading are a result of bad breathing. I had a similar problem but with hiccups in my day-to-day speech, and how I fixed it was to breathe out all the air in my lungs to make sure I wasn't trying to force in more air than possible. Do you wait until you absolutely need more air to breathe? That could be a solution, I know it worked for me.

You may be swallowing when you breathe without noticing it, which would explain the burping.

If not burping is slowing you down, burp. I would think it happens to almost everyone at least a few times, and as long as you don't make a big deal out of it, I'm sure no one else in the room will