same, this format is confusing, i liked it when it was blue, etc

also i think we should go to all the old awesome posts and +rate them

edit: i'll eventually learn to like this new format though

• Upvote 5

same, this format is confusing, i liked it when it was blue, etc

also i think we should go to all the old awesome posts and +rate them

I dislike not being able give or recieve rep messages

• Upvote 3

The thing I liked the most about the old cross-x was that whenever I logged in it had an "unread posts" feature that showed me every threat which had been updated since the last time I logged in. Is there any way to recreate that on this new format? Does that feature already exist and I'm just too blind to see it?

The thing I liked the most about the old cross-x was that whenever I logged in it had an "unread posts" feature that showed me every threat which had been updated since the last time I logged in. Is there any way to recreate that on this new format? Does that feature already exist and I'm just too blind to see it?

Go to the home board and look in the top righthand corner. There is a button that says "New Content" or something.

• Upvote 5

Why?

BECAUSE CHANGE IS FOR THE HIPPIE LIBERALS!!! Nah because I grew accustomed to the old one over the last 5 years and actually find the font and just overall style of the new site a bit off putting as it kind of resembles other sites. Cross-x used to kind of have it's own feel, idk that's also completely subjective. I'm all for a rebuild though and will prolly grow accustomed to it. Maybe it was the sadness of my years passing me by. GOD IS THIS WHAT OLD PEOPLE FEEL???!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Why?

Double post!!! I would shut up if the old black and orange format was brought back. The changing of colors does nothing to make reading easier and that was the only reason i ever switched to the black and orange format. THe blue and white (or new colors) hurts my eyes to read. The font isn't dark enough. again though, subjective.

BECAUSE CHANGE IS FOR THE HIPPIE LIBERALS!!! Nah because I grew accustomed to the old one over the last 5 years and actually find the font and just overall style of the new site a bit off putting as it kind of resembles other sites. Cross-x used to kind of have it's own feel, idk that's also completely subjective. I'm all for a rebuild though and will prolly grow accustomed to it. Maybe it was the sadness of my years passing me by. GOD IS THIS WHAT OLD PEOPLE FEEL???!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!

Even though I'm not in college and I can't empathize with the feeling of going through a lot of change in a small amount of time, I agree with that the website doesn't have the same feel as it used to. It's like moving from an apartment in the city, where everything was close together and interconnected, to a 5 bedroom house out on a farm.

This analogy may not be the best, but it just feels to me that the new site disconnects the users a little bit, even though it basically became a social network.

Is there no reputation in this format?

nope, there is no reputation giving/receiving in the new site.

I don't think you can even see the reputation you had before either.

however, you can rep specific posts on the bottom right of the box, but it doesn't affect your account as a whole.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

nope, there is no reputation giving/receiving in the new site.

I don't think you can even see the reputation you had before either.

however, you can rep specific posts on the bottom right of the box, but it doesn't affect your account as a whole.

False. Rep can be viewed on your profile, each little + or - adds/subtracts a point.

• Upvote 2

Wow, I really hate the new changes.

Everything looks too soft-edged and bubbly; this is much less clean-cut, which was a major plus for cross-x. The color scheme and writing style truly made the old website unique, and easy to navigate - that's why I still browse this in equal measure with CEDA forums. But now the website takes on a more generic, bubbly appearance that doesn't do justice in comparison to the older version. That saddens me - I echo Githens feeling.

Further, the forum is infinitely harder to navigate for those who were used to the older version. Its ironic that, at a time where we wanted to encourage activity among our older posters, we make the format unfamiliar and obtrusive. I guess we'll all adapt, but there was no reason to change in the first place: don't fix what ain't broken.

Another big loss is rep; rep was one of my favorite things about this site. I felt like I had reached a real milestone as a member of this community when I got several green boxes. Now, another tie that bound us together is gone. /edit/ Apparently rep still exists...but just isn't as apparent. This has almost the exact same effect as eliminating rep, because it is out of sight (and mind).

I'm sure there's plenty more to dislike - the overwhelming feeling of disappointment was just easily articulable in these few points, after a brief impression of the new CX.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, after a few days I've decided I don't like this. With the loss of rep, certain fora, and the new layout, I feel much less sense of community.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, after a few days I've decided I don't like this. With the loss of rep, certain fora, and the new layout, I feel much less sense of community.

Scruffy seconds.

I miss the old bits of cross-x, we should just fix the old model.

So cross-x is pretty snazzy looking now, and it seems like the new owners are basically envisioning the site as a Facebook-style community for debaters. Cool. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no interest in any of the new features, and they've come at the cost of making it generally harder for me to do the things I come here to do (namely read posts and participate in discussions). Also, I've already developed mad nostalgia for the old format.

In short, I am disappoint.

• Upvote 3

Soon you'll be talking about the "good old days" where the arguments made sense and that new debaters have no respect for authority or tradition...