Sign in to follow this  
scottodekirk

CEDA Champions on the Podcast!

here is the link: http://puttingthekindebate.com/2011/04/27/critical-issues-in-debate-kansas-state-wins-ceda-nationals-koehle-and-mendenhall/

On the heels of posting the CEDA Nationals final round I wanted to get a couple of the folks at Kansas State that I know on the podcast to talk about how they did it.

beth.jpg?w=198&h=249

Beth Mendenhall discusses what it took for her and her partner, Derek Ziegler, to win the 2011 CEDA National Championship, being a woman in debate and her thoughts on the visas topic.

joe-pic.jpg?w=300&h=249

Joe Koehle, formerly of WGLF fame, coached Kansas State over the past couple of years. He discusses what it took from the debaters and coaches to make K State a championship level program, the Chicago Bulls, and his thoughts on the visas topic.

lol

"We saw our Quarters draw, looked at our side of the bracket, and realized 'hey, we could win this thing!'"

-Joe Koehle, Assistant coach at Kansas State University, professional asshole.

Haha.

Just kidding, I'm glad you guys won. Go d3!

"We saw our Quarters draw, looked at our side of the bracket, and realized 'hey, we could win this thing!'"

-Joe Koehle, Assistant coach at Kansas State University, professional asshole.

Haha.

Just kidding, I'm glad you guys won. Go d3!

Ah, ok. I assumed you were offended by Beth's comments that women in debate was a good thing.

Glad we cleared that one up.

Ah, ok. I assumed you were offended by Beth's comments that women in debate was a good thing.

Glad we cleared that one up.

That too. You've debated me enough times to know that I have NO clue where "the line" is.

Edited by Studley Dudley

That too. You've debated me enough times to know that I have NO clue where "the line" is.

Don't worry buddy. We'll cross it together!