neural link

White House releases President Obama's long-form birth certificate

There was no reason to doubt where he was born, but in case you were wondering, here's the definitive proof

BY PETER FINOCCHIARO

White House

The White House unexpectedly released President Barack Obama's long-form birth certificate this morning, potentially putting an end to years of speculation about his place of birth. Obama will deliver a statement to the press at 9:45 a.m.

See it here

So can this stupid-ass birther shit be over forever now? Please.

Trump was honored that he played such an influential role in all of this.

Assclown.

I can't believe I just gave rep to Brian Kersch...

It should not have taken the White House two years to photoshop that. They must have a lot of other side projects that take time away from their forgeries...

Also, until Trump reveals his birth certificate, I'm going to assume he is a robot assembled in Taiwan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also, until Trump reveals his birth certificate, I'm going to assume he is a robot assembled in Taiwan.

Given the random things he says and the awful mop he calls hair, that might not be a stretch.

The only part that I take issue with is that Taiwan makes some quality products. China has improved much over the last decade too. So I'd have to go with Philippines or India.

• Upvote 1

Given the random things he says and the awful mop he calls hair, that might not be a stretch.

The only part that I take issue with is that Taiwan makes some quality products. China has improved much over the last decade too. So I'd have to go with Philippines or India.

Well, he's an older model, some wear and tear over the years is to be expected...

Wait guys, it says his father was born in KENYA, like we've said! That means he's not a citizen!

Apparently this (i.e., both parents must be US citizens for the kid to count as a "natural born citizen") is an actual argument birthers make.

Apparently this (i.e., both parents must be US citizens for the kid to count as a "natural born citizen") is an actual argument birthers make.

They also say he that even if he was born in Hawaii, he renounced his U.S. citizenship by living in Indonesia for a couple of years. You can't make this stuff up.

WEDNESDAY, APR 27, 2011 11:15 ET

The birther's guide to staying relevant in a post-"long form" world

Yes but what about his dual-British citizenship? Or his academic records?

BY ALEX PAREENE

Barack Obama

So you've spent the last few years constantly asking "where's the birth certificate," and now you have an answer. Do you give up? Do you stop constantly emailing journalists and bloggers accusing them of being part of the cover-up? Do you quit commenting on FreeRepublic? Return your WorldNetDaily survival seed bank unopened? No! Of course not!

Professional Birthers have expanded their investigations beyond the question of "where was the president born," because even before today it was quite obvious that he was born in Hawaii. True birtherism -- not the lazy, low-information "I heard he was born in Kenya or something" birtherism of amateurs -- has already gone baroque, asserting that Barack Obama never had or possibly lost his American citizenship for reasons that go far beyond the simple fact of his "birthplace." As Justin Elliott already reported, the conspiracists have other conspiracies developed and ready to explore. And that is how birtherism and its associated theories will live on.

The certificate is a forgery

Ahem. Some FreeRepublic commenters are already on the case:

"Look at the document...it is superimposed on a different background that contains Onaka’s signature (hint: look at the curling on the left-hand margin of the text fields)."

"In 1961, blacks were called negro, colored, darkie, and several other less accepted names, but they were NEVER called 'African' as Urkel’s father was in this document. An American adult in 1961 would no more have called a negro 'African' than they would have called a homosexual 'gay'. That alone is enough to raise huge questions about this document."

"The Security Paper is a Photoshop. If you look at the full form, the 'Security Paper' is a background, the 'Certificate of Live Birth' appears like it was scanned from a book, the paper made to be transparent - and the ink and borders were then laid on a backdrop with the "Security Paper" background."

His "African" father disqualifies him

One popular theory has it that "natural born citizen" does not mean what you think it means. Apparently, a "natural born citizen" has to have two American parents. So while Barack Obama has definitively proven that he's a "native-born citizen," he is still not a "natural born citizen," thanks to his father being African. (This would also disqualify a number of past presidents, including Woodrow Wilson, Andrew Jackson, and Chester Arthur, but no one would miss them.)

Something about British citizenship and the Kenyan constitution

I dunno, I don't really get this one. Barack Obama had dual U.S./British citizenship which became U.S./Kenyan citizenship which then became Kenyan citizenship because he never renounced it.

He lost his citizenship

As WND has written: "Several court cases challenging Obama's presidential eligibility have argued he gave up his U.S. citizenship in Indonesia and used an Indonesian passport to travel to Pakistan in the early 1980s. Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship.

Still a secret Muslim

One big hope of the long-form birthers was that Obama's birth certificate would finally reveal that he is a secret Muslim. It does not reveal that, but there's no reason they can't still say it.

How did he get into Columbia?

Donald Trump already brought this one up, but the new frontier in questioning the president's legitimacy is asking about his college years. Because, in their minds, there is simply no way a black man gets into a good school without receiving special favors or somehow cheating, the Schoolers are developing weird, complex theories about how Barack Obama transfered from Occidental to Columbia (and then got accepted into Harvard Law). The new rallying cry will be "release the transcripts."

This will probably be the most popular of the new avenues of birtherism, though may not bleed into the mainstream discourse with as much ease as the birth certificate stuff, because it has no bearing whatsoever on the president's qualifications to be president. Schoolerism is simply about proving that the president's a phony who duped the world with his hoodoo, "the biggest affirmative action baby in history" in the detestable words of Mickey Kaus.

In the imaginings of the crowd desperately searching for evidence that Barack Obama is who they wish he was, the president was obviously, transparently unqualified to go to an elite university, because just look at him.

So birtherism will survive. It will mutate and adapt. There's no satisfying some people.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if there is a better reason to hate on Obama other than his birth place. He's been in office for 4 years, and the conservatives still can't find a career ruining fuckup?

They also say he that even if he was born in Hawaii, he renounced his U.S. citizenship by living in Indonesia for a couple of years. You can't make this stuff up.

'Cept that living in a country doesn't renounce citizenship according to U.S. Law. I'm pretty sure that the only way to lose your citizenship is to go to a U.S. Embassy and renounce it there. I could be wrong.

'Cept that living in a country doesn't renounce citizenship according to U.S. Law. I'm pretty sure that the only way to lose your citizenship is to go to a U.S. Embassy and renounce it there. I could be wrong.

That's one of just a few ways. Title 8 U.S.C. § 1481(a) provides that citizens (both native-born and naturalized) lose their U.S. citizenship if they "voluntarily" do any of these things "with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality" --

1. obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon his own application or upon an application filed by a duly authorized agent, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or
  2. taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or
  3. entering, or serving in, the armed forces of a foreign state if (A) such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States, or (B) such persons serve as a commissioned or noncommissioned officer; or
  4. (A) accepting, serving in, or performing the duties of any office, post, or employment under the government of a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after attaining the age of eighteen years if he has or acquires the nationality of such foreign state; or (B) accepting, serving in, or performing the duties of any office, post, or employment under the government of a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after attaining the age of eighteen years for which office, post, or employment an oath, affirmation, or declaration of allegiance is required; or
  5. making a formal renunciation of nationality before a diplomatic or consular officer of the United States in a foreign state, in such form as may be prescribed by the Secretary of State; or
  6. making in the United States a formal written renunciation of nationality in such form as may be prescribed by, and before such officer as may be designated by, the Attorney General, whenever the United States shall be in a state of war and the Attorney General shall approve such renunciation as not contrary to the interests of national defense; or
  7. committing any act of treason against, or attempting by force to overthrow, or bearing arms against, the United States, violating or conspiring to violate any of the provisions of section 2383 of title 18, United States Code, or willfully performing any act in violation of section 2385 of title 18, United States Code, or violating section 2384 of said title by engaging in a conspiracy to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, if and when he is convicted thereof by a court martial or by a court of competent jurisdiction.

That's formal expatriation. You can also lose it via informal expatriation which just means applying for citizenship in any other nation. You can also lose your citizenship if convicted of treason.

Naturalized citizens (obviously doesn't apply to Mr. Obama) can also have it taken away if they join a political group dedicated to overthrowing the USFG, join the military or hold a policy position in their native state, or refuse to appear in front of a congressional tribunal.

(I took government last semester :))

Edit: this post is now worthless as Ian knowledge-pwned it while I was typing...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/top-20-conspiracy-theories-that-have-already-sprun

Top 20 Conspiracy Theories That Have Already Sprung Up Around President Obama’s Birth Certificate

Politics Buzz: Well, that didn't take long. All of the purported inconsistencies and mysterious anomalies with President Obama's long form birth certificate. And this is only within the first few hours of the document's release. Give the Birthers a few days to come up with some really juicy stuff.

• 1. The patterned background is too seamless for a document kept in a bound volume.

enhanced-buzz-13964-1303921445-8.jpg
  • 2. The “Date Accepted” is four days later than “Date of Birth.”

enhanced-buzz-13975-1303921529-11.jpg
  • 3. Smudges in box next to name of attendant.

enhanced-buzz-13972-1303921629-5.jpg
  • 4. M.D. who signed the document conveniently died eight years ago.

enhanced-buzz-13968-1303921807-6.jpg
  • 5. Two mysterious Xs above “twin” and “triplet.”

enhanced-buzz-13973-1303921900-7.jpg

• 6. Unexplained “8991” on document's right side.

enhanced-buzz-13977-1303922848-10.jpg
  • 7. “41” at to right of document looks suspicious.

enhanced-buzz-13961-1303922932-18.jpg
  • 8. Birth certificate of someone born at the same hospital a day later has a lower number.

enhanced-buzz-13961-1303923055-19.jpg
  • 9. There is no official seal.

enhanced-buzz-13962-1303923116-11.jpg
  • 10. Still says “Certificate of Live Birth.”

enhanced-buzz-13973-1303923170-11.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 11. Instead of “African” under father's race, “Colored” or “Negro” would have been used in 1961.

enhanced-buzz-18103-1303927556-1.jpg
  • 12. The type for “Caucasian” is too perfect, not possible for a typewriter from 1961.

enhanced-buzz-18103-1303927639-2.jpg
  • 13. No footprint.

enhanced-buzz-18111-1303927704-0.jpg
  • 14. No birth weight.

enhanced-buzz-18092-1303927839-1.jpg
  • 15. Signature of mother and attendant are too similar.

enhanced-buzz-18109-1303927968-2.jpg
  • 16. Under hour of birth, the “M.” in “P.M.” is a different font.

enhanced-buzz-18114-1303928082-1.jpg
  • 17. Address for Obama's childhood home is the middle of a highway.

enhanced-buzz-18114-1303928328-2.jpg
  • 18. Hawaii's Governor until recently claimed there was no birth certificate.

enhanced-buzz-18109-1303928714-3.jpg
  • 19. Obviously Photoshopped.

enhanced-buzz-18117-1303930817-5.jpg
  • 20. We all know his real name is Barry Saetoro and he changed his name to Barack Obama after visiting Pakistan.

enhanced-buzz-18114-1303930802-5.jpgAll of these theories have been culled from The Smoking Gun's article on the birth certificate and the resulting comments.

• Upvote 4

That's one of just a few ways. Title 8 U.S.C. § 1481(a) provides that citizens (both native-born and naturalized) lose their U.S. citizenship if they "voluntarily" do any of these things "with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality" --

1. obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon his own application or upon an application filed by a duly authorized agent, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or
  2. taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or
  3. entering, or serving in, the armed forces of a foreign state if (A) such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States, or (B) such persons serve as a commissioned or noncommissioned officer; or
  4. (A) accepting, serving in, or performing the duties of any office, post, or employment under the government of a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after attaining the age of eighteen years if he has or acquires the nationality of such foreign state; or (B) accepting, serving in, or performing the duties of any office, post, or employment under the government of a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after attaining the age of eighteen years for which office, post, or employment an oath, affirmation, or declaration of allegiance is required; or
  5. making a formal renunciation of nationality before a diplomatic or consular officer of the United States in a foreign state, in such form as may be prescribed by the Secretary of State; or
  6. making in the United States a formal written renunciation of nationality in such form as may be prescribed by, and before such officer as may be designated by, the Attorney General, whenever the United States shall be in a state of war and the Attorney General shall approve such renunciation as not contrary to the interests of national defense; or
  7. committing any act of treason against, or attempting by force to overthrow, or bearing arms against, the United States, violating or conspiring to violate any of the provisions of section 2383 of title 18, United States Code, or willfully performing any act in violation of section 2385 of title 18, United States Code, or violating section 2384 of said title by engaging in a conspiracy to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, if and when he is convicted thereof by a court martial or by a court of competent jurisdiction.

It appears I was mistaken, there is an 8th way: go to the UN and declare yourself a citizen of the universe.

Ha, I think it's funny that there are already conspiracy theories. It seems to me that Honolulu just... isn't that good at making things look official. I mean, I don't even have my father on mine, and my birth certificate wasn't recieved by the State for a good 9 days. Go figure.

M.D. who signed for it conveniently died 8 years ago.

^How is that convenient, it was eight years ago. There is no way the current Obama administration could of seen this coming.

This is semi-convincing. But what in the hell would the point of those alterations be? I also found it comical that the Registrar's name is UKL Lee (ukulele). Hawaiian jokes. How funny, amirite?

This is semi-convincing. But what in the hell would the point of those alterations be? I also found it comical that the Registrar's name is UKL Lee (ukulele). Hawaiian jokes. How funny, amirite?

Your signature is a quote from Jay Leno. You have no right to claim to have a sense of humor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1