Sign in to follow this  
jbaker

Round 404: [MILITARY] Team slammin' wagon X (aff) vs. Spike and Murray (neg)

I honestly forgot this existed over the last few days. Some preliminary questions:

Your framework is given a title but no explanation of its function. What is the criterion used by the judges to decide the winner of the round?

We impact turned scientific positivism

Given everything you've said, why vote negative?

<<

Which parts of the plan does the criticism criticize?

The framing.

Which part of the 1NC answers our claim that space militerization is inevitable? Which parts answer that the US is already perceived as militerizing space?

The 1NC is not a line by line, it is a rebuttal.

Your space mil impact says something like "Then the US would have global superpowers" but I'm not finding an impact to that. What's the impact and why is US ULTIMATE HEGEMONY bad?

A territorial hard shell along with first strike supremacy means any one government excercizes sovereignty globally along a paradigmatic caesura of citizen/non-citizen. U.S. supremacy is coercive, neoliberal, and imperial.

status of the alt?

unconditionally conditional

What is the utility of the narratives/stories in the 1NC?

to prove a point

• Upvote 4

I can literally hear your speaker points plummeting. Let's try this again.

What is the problem with the "framing" of the 1AC? What part of the framing? What is your link argument, is what I'm asking.

What is the impact to being neoliberal? Why is being "coercive, neoliberal, and imperial" bad?

You have read 2 narratives/stories in this debate. what part of the aff do they answer (if any) and how should the judge utilize them to evaluate the round?

Why is scientific positivism bad? What is the impact to your criticism of science?

Who does the alt, what happens, and what does that accomplish? (This question wasn't answered)

• Upvote 4

I can literally hear your speaker points plummeting. Let's try this again.

What is the problem with the "framing" of the 1AC? What part of the framing? What is your link argument, is what I'm asking.

we will defend that the alt rejects the framing of the 1ac entirely.

What is the impact to being neoliberal? Why is being "coercive, neoliberal, and imperial" bad?

Colonialism.

You have read 2 narratives/stories in this debate. what part of the aff do they answer (if any) and how should the judge utilize them to evaluate the round?

I have read one narrative that frames the arguments in the round.

Why is scientific positivism bad? What is the impact to your criticism of science?

Colonialism.

Who does the alt, what happens, and what does that accomplish? (This question wasn't answered)

This question wasn't asked, nor are the questions particularly meaningful in the context of the alternative. The "actor" of the alternative is the judge inasmuch as the judge affirms our understanding of space.

• Downvote 1

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

At this point you're just not answering questions. If asked a direct question answer that question, not what you think the question is.

You haven't said what the problem with our framing is, only that you reject it. What are the grounds on which the alt rejects the framing of the 1ac and what specifically about our framing is bad?

Why is colonialism bad?

Is colonialism the only impact to your criticism of scientific positivism?

What is your understanding of space?

• Upvote 1

At this point you're just not answering questions. If asked a direct question answer that question, not what you think the question is.

Sure thing brah.

You haven't said what the problem with our framing is, only that you reject it. What are the grounds on which the alt rejects the framing of the 1ac and what specifically about our framing is bad?

Your impact scenarios, your justification, your epistemology, etc.

Why is colonialism bad?

Why is colonialism ever good?

Is colonialism the only impact to your criticism of scientific positivism?

No.

What is your understanding of space?

non-euclidean.

What about our impact scenarios, justification, epistemology, etc. do you reject? Why does the alt reject them?

Don't be rhetorical, what are the warrants for why colonialism is bad in your evidence and what cards are they?

What are all of the other impacts to your criticism of scientific positivism?

What is a non-euclidean understanding of space? What changes between your understanding of space and the one endorsed in the 1AC?

What about our impact scenarios, justification, epistemology, etc. do you reject? Why does the alt reject them?

Their form, presentation, the narrative of the 1ac. If things are bad, you should reject them.

Don't be rhetorical, what are the warrants for why colonialism is bad in your evidence and what cards are they?

I refuse to follow this line of questioning any further.

What are all of the other impacts to your criticism of scientific positivism?

Conceptualize them less as impacts and more as structural indicts.

What is a non-euclidean understanding of space? What changes between your understanding of space and the one endorsed in the 1AC?

The harraway evidence talks about coding-the 1ac space is coded masculine, patriarchal, as children of the light rising to fulfill their manifest destiny in the stars. Our understanding of space is coded feminine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

That was hilarious, but I think of the round more like this...http://www.smbc-theater.com/?id=251

• Upvote 1

if y'all are still looking for judges, i'm down... i know john really well and i think he can tell you that i'm dece competent.

• Upvote 2

So can I get a 2AC relatively soon please? I just ran into some extra time so this debate can continue as unscheduled.