jrose12

2011 TOC

Several rounds are up on Debate Vision. No link needed, just go to debatevision.com More to come.

This isn't a criticism of the website or whoever is uploading the videos by any means, but on at least one of these videos (the one I'm watching right - CPS PY v. Westminster AT Rd. 5) has prep time included in the video. Any way whoever is uploading these could cut out prep time from any future uploads so we don't have to jump around to find when speeches start? Just a request.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This isn't a criticism of the website or whoever is uploading the videos by any means, but on at least one of these videos (the one I'm watching right - CPS PY v. Westminster AT Rd. 5) has prep time included in the video. Any way whoever is uploading these could cut out prep time from the video so we don't have to jump around to find when speeches start? Just a request.

Also I didn't see a 2NC, 1NR, or 1AR it goes from 2AC to part two which is 2NR then part 3 which is 2AR, if they have the block and 1AR taped it would be good if they uploaded them, because those are key speeches.

• Upvote 1

This isn't a criticism of the website or whoever is uploading the videos by any means, but on at least one of these videos (the one I'm watching right - CPS PY v. Westminster AT Rd. 5) has prep time included in the video. Any way whoever is uploading these could cut out prep time from any future uploads so we don't have to jump around to find when speeches start? Just a request.

We upload the videos as they are recorded. We do not edit out prep time. Though we do encourage people to not record prep time if they can avoid it when they film the videos. Sometimes, for logistical reasons though, prep time is included.

also, who is (are?) debate vision? Kids that record rounds and send them to the website or what?

DebateVision is basically the youtube of debate. Anyone can make an account and upload videos of themselves or others. Rounds, lectures, speeches, etc. All fair game as long as its debate related.

Also I didn't see a 2NC, 1NR, or 1AR it goes from 2AC to part two which is 2NR then part 3 which is 2AR, if they have the block and 1AR taped it would be good if they uploaded them, because those are key speeches.

Yeah, the person who was filming is a technical failure. He is still a really good guy though. He tried. The other rounds from the TOC dont have the continuity problems as he slowly but surely began to learn how to use a videocamera.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Were the decisions of any of these debates recorded, or does that footage not exist?

I just wanted to post a props to Debate Vision. Your website is awesome, many high quality recordings of high quality debates. Your site is an excellent resource and I wanted to thank you guys for sharing with the rest of us.

• Upvote 3

I just wanted to post a props to Debate Vision. Your website is awesome, many high quality recordings of high quality debates. Your site is an excellent resource and I wanted to thank you guys for sharing with the rest of us.

Hey thanks buddy. Thats really means a lot. Everyone involved really cares about the community and the positive feedback really keeps us motivated. Expect more rounds in the coming week!