Sign in to follow this  
Digger

Multiple Links?

Hey;

I was reading Links for my Heidegger file yesterday, I was wondering if I could use more than one link car... in this case, say I lose the Call To Action, but I also read Space Development and win it, the Heidegger K still stands! I was wondering if this was legitiment, and there wouldn't be theory violations people could get me on!

Yes you can.

on another note, even if they throw theory at your just (1) throw some back or (2) answer it (if they're throwing theory at 'multiple links bad' there's no way it can be good at all).

Yes you can.

on another note, even if they throw theory at your just (1) throw some back or (2) answer it (if they're throwing theory at 'multiple links bad' there's no way it can be good at all).

Cool thanks y'all

It's a really good idea to read new links on the permutation in the block because it can be devastating if the 1AR concedes them. To be fair though, if your links are really similar, a 1AR can group them and answer them fairly effectively, so just pick your 2 or 3 best ones for the block.

It's a really good idea to read new links on the permutation in the block because it can be devastating if the 1AR concedes them. To be fair though, if your links are really similar, a 1AR can group them and answer them fairly effectively, so just pick your 2 or 3 best ones for the block.

Wait; how would I add it into the block? Like you can't permn A,B,C and you still link to the K after perm?

Wait; how would I add it into the block? Like you can't permn A,B,C and you still link to the K after perm?

What he meant was in the block, when going over the perms, read a link card onto any perm the affirmative makes on your criticism, to show that even the perm doesn't solve for the impacts of your K. It's a way of making it evident that doing the plan doesn't solve the K, doing the alt+plan doesn't solve the K and that doing the alternative, without anything else, is the only way you can solve for the impacts.

What he meant was in the block, when going over the perms, read a link card onto any perm the affirmative makes on your criticism, to show that even the perm doesn't solve for the impacts of your K. It's a way of making it evident that doing the plan doesn't solve the K, doing the alt+plan doesn't solve the K and that doing the alternative, without anything else, is the only way you can solve for the impacts.

Thanks! I could do that... that makes a lot of sense! Thanks

Think of it as reading new "plan unpopulars" in the block, different reasons, etc.

K links are 3 functions

1.) They link to the K

2.) They refute the claim of the other team

3.) Sometimes impact turns to them? Independetly.

So yeah, always read new links even if they don't make a perm.

Most of the links I use have case/impact turns built in so what I do is I read one link in the 1NC and then if it's dropped then I emphasize the turn built into it and maybe do some analysis on that and if it's contested then I'll read 3-5 links in the 2NC (which for me is usually 8 minutes of the K) that not only prove the relevance of the K but are independent turns that need to be answered. The 1AR usually is unable to answer them, and I make sure that they're diverse so that grouping them all would fail.

Most of the links I use have case/impact turns built in so what I do is I read one link in the 1NC and then if it's dropped then I emphasize the turn built into it and maybe do some analysis on that and if it's contested then I'll read 3-5 links in the 2NC (which for me is usually 8 minutes of the K) that not only prove the relevance of the K but are independent turns that need to be answered. The 1AR usually is unable to answer them, and I make sure that they're diverse so that grouping them all would fail.

Makes sense... I could do that... I'm in Wisconsin, so teams suck at answering Ks too!!! This could really help... I only wish heidegger links could turn well