South-X

2007 CEDA Finals Dartmouth CO v Oklahoma CJ

Does anyone have a copy of these?  I think this was the year that CEDA became very K-biased right?

I mean Fort Hays under Shanahan used to dominate CEDA for half a decade before this and the few years after it until Shanahan mooned Reid Brinkley, winning it in 2002, and those people revolutionized the way in which many teams approached debate in that era. West Georgia also won CEDA in 2001 with Rashad Evans and NYU won in 2003 with a Zizek Human Rights K-Aff.

I guess you could mark 07 as the year that K teams saw relatively more success, but I think that characterization is a very reductive reading of the CEDA circuit back then. KSU, a policy team, also won CEDA against Towson in 2011, who was one of the best K teams in the circuit.

until Shanahan mooned Reid Brinkley

Just the other day I was reading about this incident, which was the first time I'd heard about it. What was the context for that outburst? Why was there a shouting match to begin with?

I mean Fort Hays under Shanahan used to dominate CEDA for half a decade before this and the few years after it until Shanahan mooned Reid Brinkley, winning it in 2002, and those people revolutionized the way in which many teams approached debate in that era. West Georgia also won CEDA in 2001 with Rashad Evans and NYU won in 2003 with a Zizek Human Rights K-Aff.

I guess you could mark 07 as the year that K teams saw relatively more success, but I think that characterization is a very reductive reading of the CEDA circuit back then. KSU, a policy team, also won CEDA against Towson in 2011, who was one of the best K teams in the circuit.

yah but msu, gt, etc were all showing up to ceda until around the time okla and towson won it; that's what i mean by much more strongly k biased. 

also does anyone have a copy of this round? 

Just the other day I was reading about this incident, which was the first time I'd heard about it. What was the context for that outburst? Why was there a shouting match to begin with?

I think it had something to do with a disagreement in regards to RFDs, but I'm not sure. Edited by NickDB8

Fort Hays struck her from the panel of CEDA Quarters and she accused them of White Privilege (This is probably super reductive but that's what I got from the video)