X Spike

A History of Cross-x.com

man, the k forum used to be freaking awesome.

Agreed, i think a lot of it's decline was when scu left (def no blaming you scu) and power was ceded to tfurg who kinda mucked it up by sticking all those threads. I think that act even though it looked helpful really stifled the "dynamic" flow of how the k forum was operating, as well as the fact I don't think the literature can just be put in labeled boxes like that- thats not how theory works. That and just some of the big names who were pretty prevalent in k forum discussion disappeared. I just think if it was able to regain a mod that was active it could be revitalized to a certain degree.

He's not surprised, he's confused. That's the usual reaction people have when reading your posts...

The true hallmark of genius! ;)

I'd love to learn about the history of this site haha, especially the yellowtail affair I always hear vague references to.

Edited by thechillsauce
grammar

There was also the Intergalactic Puzzle Lords and our awesome site scavenger hunt. But it only went one round do to lack of participation... :(

New round of puzzle games? :)

Also: can we get the proper parties together to re-tell Yellowtail?

New round of puzzle games? :)

Also: can we get the proper parties together to re-tell Yellowtail?

This would probably be near impossible. Unless sold to each as their chance to put in their final definitive word/side of the story.

The quick and dirty of the yellowtail affair is that there was a discrepancy over some tickets between Wes and Shayan, various accusations of thievery which eventually boiled over to cross-x in the form of bickering and AIM chatlogs. At some point, I am pretty sure one of them posted a poll on "who was right" (probably Shayan). Wes, at some point during this debacle, posted the picture of him and his bong. In the background was a bottle of yellowtail wine. I decidedly made fun of him for consuming alcoholic juicy juice instead of real wine. It snowballed from there. The same way that when someone either makes a horribly idiotic comment or fails at trolling we say something along the lines of "you Tfurg'ed it"... Yellowtail just represents colossal ineptitude.

no ones mentioned the tru cru, aod, aaa, gomers, build an argument, way off topic, elitist conversation, article submissions, evex, card mart, etc etc.

Scott Odekirk posts useful links on this site. This morning I saw his link to an article by Dr. Kuswa on the space topic, which was very informative.

The quick and dirty of the yellowtail affair is that there was a discrepancy over some tickets between Wes and Shayan, various accusations of thievery which eventually boiled over to cross-x in the form of bickering and AIM chatlogs. At some point, I am pretty sure one of them posted a poll on "who was right" (probably Shayan). Wes, at some point during this debacle, posted the picture of him and his bong. In the background was a bottle of yellowtail wine. I decidedly made fun of him for consuming alcoholic juicy juice instead of real wine. It snowballed from there. The same way that when someone either makes a horribly idiotic comment or fails at trolling we say something along the lines of "you Tfurg'ed it"... Yellowtail just represents colossal ineptitude.

Who doesnt drink cheap booze when they're 18? Seriously. This is an awful retelling btw.

no ones mentioned the tru cru, aod, aaa, gomers, build an argument, way off topic, elitist conversation, article submissions, evex, card mart, etc etc.

Holy crap, card mart! Totally forgot.

Rabidbadger, berg, Suni, crowley, Allison, mustang, me, synchro, strobl, mapman, mitch, eapen, scott fshs, the infamous Scu, eback, tomak, justin and a few others.

This list of people is like bananas. I was always so jealous of the Badger's subforum :(

this transition to ip board software is way worse than the transition from ubb to vb was.

history

• Upvote 2

this transition to ip board software is way worse than the transition from ubb to vb was.

history

Vb is much better.

Can haz back plox?

Who doesnt drink cheap booze when they're 18? Seriously. This is an awful retelling btw.

You've become a legend.

I think very few people realize what is going on here....

history

There once was a hilarious poster by the name of Chris Logrhy. He stopped posting on these boards around the same time he finished debating in college... age 31.

And there was much rejoicing.

Just kidding, post here again, you're still hilarious, even if you are Louie's age.

• Upvote 3

This post by jschroe was deleted:

Sounds like this place hasn't really been much till I got here...

CONTRACT BROKEN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

important exclusions:

-stan (i think nobody has mentioned him...)

-seizure pig

-krebs

-sev (does he post here anymore?)

-kristina

-vanessav (belcher i know you remember her... giggity giggity)

-ali

• Upvote 1

Loki's fun bag.

And Brian in general

I'm a year late...but thanks dude!

I'm actually a youth minister now. My love of helping out high school youth went divine.

• Upvote 1