X Spike

A History of Cross-x.com

Man, screen names are coming back to me... I think I asked scu somewhere and he told me what a handful of these fools were up to.

a real "where are they now" would be cool.

That would be helpful. I had good answers for a while, but I have lost track of most everyone who hasn't stayed active in the debate community.

Heck, what are most of the old timers up to in this thread?

I'm, as usual, really easy to stalk online. I coach debate at Mercer University and adjunct profess. I am ABD at Binghamton University, and fairly close to becoming Dr. Scu. I am getting married this summer. Life is good.

Heck, what are most of the old timers up to in this thread?

I'm, as usual, really easy to stalk online. I coach debate at Mercer University and adjunct profess. I am ABD at Binghamton University, and fairly close to becoming Dr. Scu. I am getting married this summer. Life is good.

Im in Stupid Kids Law School, trying to time graduation and or passing the bar after failing a couple of times to when the legal job market picks up.

Im in Stupid Kids Law School, trying to time graduation and or passing the bar after failing a couple of times to when the legal job market picks up.

go spartans!

Got out of the Army. Graduate in May with a CS degree.

any plans after that? looking for work or more school?

Graduate in May with J.D. You may start calling me Doctor, now, just to practice.

JurisDoctor Ian: did you know florida is (in retaliation) prosecuting a woman who used Esq. after her name without being a florida bar member? She has a law degree, and was a bar member in another state and had relocated. weird shit. be careful, heh.

JurisDoctor Ian: did you know florida is (in retaliation) prosecuting a woman who used Esq. after her name without being a florida bar member? She has a law degree, and was a bar member in another state and had relocated. weird shit. be careful, heh.

Yeah, Florida is really silly with bar stuff, but Ohio may take the cake with this travesty...

any plans after that? looking for work or more school?

I just started looking for work. No prospects as of yet. I just got married and my wife won't be graduating for another year, so I'm going to be in Wichita longer than expected.

• Upvote 1

Ankur's Update: Still in school for what is now officially my 17th year of study at the collegiate level, with 1 to go (assuming I end there). Current degree - Doctor of Pharmacy. I may opt for a one or two year residency after its done. I have a goal of staying in student loan debt until its discharged upon my death. Thankfully, the pharmacy licensing boards are not as absurd as the Ohio state bar. ;) Other than that, still lurking the cross-x forums and may have finally found a pair of students to coach in policy for the first time in almost a decade! WOO HOO!

Still coaching, still looking out of the little schools, and still jabbing the left (although, not as much anymore - Obama hasn't been a total nightmare.) Finishing my master's this fall, working for a non-profit which supports the aerospace industry. Hope to see some, if not all, of you at NCFLs.

Edited by hylanddd

He went to KU, not to McKendree... ;)

Well shit, Shuman coming out in defense of the University of Kansas. I've seen everything.

Shuman coming out in defense of the University of Kansas
A necessary evil in service of the joke. I haven't changed all that much...

10831.jpg?filter=resize&w=400

Something non-vacuous, I should think...

Science, one would assume. Something that pays well, not humanities then?

Ankur's Update: Still in school for what is now officially my 17th year of study at the collegiate level, with 1 to go (assuming I end there). Current degree - Doctor of Pharmacy. I may opt for a one or two year residency after its done. I have a goal of staying in student loan debt until its discharged upon my death. Thankfully, the pharmacy licensing boards are not as absurd as the Ohio state bar. ;) Other than that, still lurking the cross-x forums and may have finally found a pair of students to coach in policy for the first time in almost a decade! WOO HOO!

17 years eh?

I have someting to aspire to now.

He started college when he was around 14, it appears.

You've read my posts. Why are you surprised?

Sadly, its true. Its the product of being the son of brown parents who quickly realized that at the time it was cheaper and far more productive to sign me up for college classes in the summer than hire a "babysitter" to make sure I didn't blow up the house with some impromptu homemade chemistry experiment. And when I did well, it turned into night classes at college during the school year.

But this was the time of Doogie Howser, so it was rather amusing to see the normal college students' reactions to having a 13 year old in their college class.

You've read my posts. Why are you surprised
He's not surprised, he's confused. That's the usual reaction people have when reading your posts...
  • Upvote 2