...Hi...

Pump up songs

'Deutschland Ubber Alles' is a good example of a song designed to stir the masses to do whatever they are told to.

The only song worthy of being sang daily by all mankind is John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

'Deutschland Ubber Alles' is a good example of a song designed to stir the masses to do whatever they are told to.

The only song worthy of being sang daily by all mankind is John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

14 posts and you're rep is already red? Hadoken, watch your back.

Is RED good or BAD ? I know it implies 'communist' from the point-of-view of Americans.

We don't appreciate your trollish kind in these parts, son.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of which, who pumps with Stray From the Path? :)

Oh, alright... No hardcore fans I guess.

SFTP is not hardcore in the least.

But on the subject of hardcore-

They're a breakoff of hardcore.

You're linking closer to the roots of hardcore which is just screaming. SFTP is hatecore.

They're a breakoff of hardcore.

You're linking closer to the roots of hardcore which is just screaming. SFTP is hatecore.

They ain't bad-kinda sound almost Botch-like at times, which is always appreciable. I wouldn't call the roots of hardcore just screaming though, specially when the two bands I posted ain't what hardcore used to be at all (and also ain't all screamin ;D). SFTP is definitely progressive post-drone melodic death metalvikingcore. Or just fancied up metalcore that don't suck. Either way, while genres don't matter all that much, being a bitch about em is always fun and obnoxious.

They ain't bad-kinda sound almost Botch-like at times, which is always appreciable. I wouldn't call the roots of hardcore just screaming though, specially when the two bands I posted ain't what hardcore used to be at all (and also ain't all screamin ;D). SFTP is definitely progressive post-drone melodic death metalvikingcore. Or just fancied up metalcore that don't suck. Either way, while genres don't matter all that much, being a bitch about em is always fun and obnoxious.

Lol. I don't think you named genre's until you said metalcore.

"Prog post-drone melodic death metalvikingcore" is not a thing.

SFTP is a mix of hatecore and prog metalcore.

Lol. I don't think you named genre's until you said metalcore.

"Prog post-drone melodic death metalvikingcore" is not a thing.

SFTP is a mix of hatecore and prog metalcore.

Wait wot. I know it's not a thing :P It was a bit of lame attempt at a joke, but mmmmkay. There is literally no genre called hatecore, unless you're referring to shitty nazi punk bands or NSBM or summin of the like. But yeah, prog metalcore/mathcore-esque would work.

Wait wot. I know it's not a thing :P It was a bit of lame attempt at a joke, but mmmmkay. There is literally no genre called hatecore, unless you're referring to shitty nazi punk bands or NSBM or summin of the like. But yeah, prog metalcore/mathcore-esque would work.

You've never heard of hatecore or hopecore?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatecore

And if you're referring to bands that sound like Integrity and the like, SFTP would totes not fit the bill ;)

It's been more modernly adapted to refer to the split between Hopecore bands (Stick To Your Guns, The Ghost Inside, Have Heart, Lionheart, etc.) and angrier metalcore that promotes an angrier or pessimistic message in their lyrics (listen to Damien or Manipulator by SFTP for reference).

Don't sass me 'bout mah music scene son!

It's been more modernly adapted to refer to the split between Hopecore bands (Stick To Your Guns, The Ghost Inside, Have Heart, Lionheart, etc.) and angrier metalcore that promotes an angrier or pessimistic message in their lyrics (listen to Damien or Manipulator by SFTP for reference).

Don't sass me 'bout mah music scene son!

Psssssshhhhh, IMMA SASS ALL I WANT MAFUCKA

CUZ IMMA REBEL BITCH, I'M ASHEN BLUNTS but not really cuz imma edge bitch yeah I'm pretentious as fuck and I listen to Seventh Dagger bands yeah yeah.

But no. I mean, hopecore isn't even real. At all. You HAD to have made that up. Are you referring to positive hardcore/posi-core (of which only Have Heart would have any relation)? All those bands you list as "hopecore" have barely any fucking relation to each other. And Lionheart and The Ghost Inside kinda suck-they're just the traditional boring junjunjun metalcore bands that think they're rock stars. They're seriously all that's wrong with the way that bigger label Mediaskare/Sumerian records/b9 trend that's happening in hardcore nowadays.

And since when have genres ever had to do with lyrics/message/attitude? I mean, yeah, I can see it with, like, NSBM, but really, genres have always been about the sound of music-not the fucking message. Which is why "straight edge" isn't a genre, or queercore, or krishnacore-they all don't have a unique sound separate from their "parent" genres (cept for edge shit every once in a while). Positive hardcore and youth crew and shit? Yeah, while having a message/attitude that's unifying, it also has a unique sound within the realm of hardcore. Same with the genre of gangster rap-while also having a general lyrical shift, it also represented a shift in sound (a more heavy, dark, grimy sound in this case) while retaining its status as rap. Most of the bands you list could just be put in the category of melodic hardcore or shitty metalcore, as per their sound. Really, stop trying to draw imaginary lines :P Seriously, at least cite *somewhere* where any of those bands are referred to as "hopecore" or "hatecore". Where are you getting this shit from?

Oooooh, the scene these days. Silly b9 hardcore kids.

Psssssshhhhh, IMMA SASS ALL I WANT MAFUCKA

CUZ IMMA REBEL BITCH, I'M ASHEN BLUNTS but not really cuz imma edge bitch yeah I'm pretentious as fuck and I listen to Seventh Dagger bands yeah yeah.

But no. I mean, hopecore isn't even real. At all. You HAD to have made that up. Are you referring to positive hardcore/posi-core (of which only Have Heart would have any relation)? All those bands you list as "hopecore" have barely any fucking relation to each other. And Lionheart and The Ghost Inside kinda suck-they're just the traditional boring junjunjun metalcore bands that think they're rock stars. They're seriously all that's wrong with the way that bigger label Mediaskare/Sumerian records/b9 trend that's happening in hardcore nowadays.

And since when have genres ever had to do with lyrics/message/attitude? I mean, yeah, I can see it with, like, NSBM, but really, genres have always been about the sound of music-not the fucking message. Which is why "straight edge" isn't a genre, or queercore, or krishnacore-they all don't have a unique sound separate from their "parent" genres (cept for edge shit every once in a while). Positive hardcore and youth crew and shit? Yeah, while having a message/attitude that's unifying, it also has a unique sound within the realm of hardcore. Same with the genre of gangster rap-while also having a general lyrical shift, it also represented a shift in sound (a more heavy, dark, grimy sound in this case) while retaining its status as rap. Most of the bands you list could just be put in the category of melodic hardcore or shitty metalcore, as per their sound. Really, stop trying to draw imaginary lines :P Seriously, at least cite *somewhere* where any of those bands are referred to as "hopecore" or "hatecore". Where are you getting this shit from?

Oooooh, the scene these days. Silly b9 hardcore kids.

I'm just dismissing you as a troll now, you have terrible taste in music. I don't feel the need or desire to put effort into answering your post.

• Downvote 1

I'm just dismissing you as a troll now, you have terrible taste in music. I don't feel the need or desire to put effort into answering your post.

....mmmmkay bro. That's too bad. I wasn't actually trolling that hard, as, in all seriousness, there actually was a point hidden in all the noise, but being dismissed is okay too :D Also, I appreciate your spike spiegal avatar. Cowboy Bebop is the shit. You might suck at genres, but at least you have a good taste in anime

Edited by CitizenOfUlysses

....mmmmkay bro. That's too bad. I wasn't actually trolling that hard, as, in all seriousness, there actually was a point hidden in all the noise, but being dismissed is okay too :D

I mean, you're dismissing genre's that exist as defined by the community that listens to that music. I mean, sure it's not a "real" genre, like they don't release it under labels as "hopecore" but there's cultural impetus for those labels to be applied to certain bands.

Also: why do you take issue with the Sumerian records movement? Bands like TGI are really talented.

I mean, you're dismissing genre's that exist as defined by the community that listens to that music. I mean, sure it's not a "real" genre, like they don't release it under labels as "hopecore" but there's cultural impetus for those labels to be applied to certain bands.

Also: why do you take issue with the Sumerian records movement? Bands like TGI are really talented.

If we're going by "community norms" as a weighing mechanism, then I would say that most of the community doesn't actually identify any of that as "hopecore" or "hatecore"-here's me cites

http://www.last.fm/music/The%2520Ghost%2520Inside?ac=the%20ghost%20inside

http://www.last.fm/music/Stray%2520From%2520the%2520Path?ac=stray%20from

http://www.last.fm/music/Have%2520Heart?ac=have%20heart

http://www.last.fm/music/Lionheart?ac=lionheart

http://www.last.fm/music/Stick%2520to%2520Your%2520Guns?ac=stick%20to%20your%20guns

http://www.last.fm/tag/hopecore

http://www.last.fm/tag/hatecore

(Use the "popular tag" thing at the end of each entry for the genre stuff)

Why do I use last.fm? Because the community (i.e. those who listen to the music) tag the music as a genre, and tags are ordered by popular vote from a large population of users (look to the listeners part of the artist page-give or take a few thousand, its fairly representative). Community norms give us an identification of this shit as hardcore, melodic hardcore, the idiotic tag of "moshcore" (which is a complete other story-people on last fm can be stupid shits too). And, from personal experience in the community, this has been the first time I've heard those two terms. In me 4-5ish years in the scene, never have I heard those words-not even online. Even on b9. And that place is a hellhole of idiocy (the majority of the time).

So I would say that there is no cultural impetus.

Now, my problem with sumerian/TGI-first, TGI is not a *bad* band, per se, just rather mediocre with some potential. I even saw em live-not especially that great, but hey, they got potenial, fury and fallen ones wasn't too hard on the ears. I just dislike the rock star persona that bands like TGI and bands from Sumerian (which kinda all around sucks as a record label-I mean, Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, AND ABACABB? Seriously, dear god. Periphery doesn't suck, and I the Breather is okay sometimes too, and Conducting From the Grave just needs to drop the whole deathcore breakdown junjun thing, but seriously?)-they don't have that same hardcore feel no mo :P They're kind of the antithesis of the sense of community that hardcore usually/used has/to have. And seriously, they have guarantees upwards of 400, 600 bucks-it kinda seems like they're in it for the money. It just makes the scene feel gross as shit bro. And you also have all the problems with the fucking stupid sceney bitch kids coming in, too-god, makes me wanna go to warped just to beat some scene ass.

Yeah, I may sound like a pretentious ass, but I dunno, they feel like the commodification of hardcore, one of the few genres that's kept itself out of that mode for the past few decades. Meh, its really subjective, and I might be completely wrong about em, but still, I'm entitled to an opinion ;D but on the genre thing, that ain't no opinion shit-that's all straight up fact mufucka.

Also, have heart is the shit. Sure, I hate their fans for the most part, but goddamn boston still got it. Its too bad they broke up.

If we're going by "community norms" as a weighing mechanism, then I would say that most of the community doesn't actually identify any of that as "hopecore" or "hatecore"-here's me cites

http://www.last.fm/music/The%2520Ghost%2520Inside?ac=the%20ghost%20inside

http://www.last.fm/music/Stray%2520From%2520the%2520Path?ac=stray%20from

http://www.last.fm/music/Have%2520Heart?ac=have%20heart

http://www.last.fm/music/Lionheart?ac=lionheart

http://www.last.fm/music/Stick%2520to%2520Your%2520Guns?ac=stick%20to%20your%20guns

http://www.last.fm/tag/hopecore

http://www.last.fm/tag/hatecore

(Use the "popular tag" thing at the end of each entry for the genre stuff)

Why do I use last.fm? Because the community (i.e. those who listen to the music) tag the music as a genre, and tags are ordered by popular vote from a large population of users (look to the listeners part of the artist page-give or take a few thousand, its fairly representative). Community norms give us an identification of this shit as hardcore, melodic hardcore, the idiotic tag of "moshcore" (which is a complete other story-people on last fm can be stupid shits too). And, from personal experience in the community, this has been the first time I've heard those two terms. In me 4-5ish years in the scene, never have I heard those words-not even online. Even on b9. And that place is a hellhole of idiocy (the majority of the time).

So I would say that there is no cultural impetus.

Now, my problem with sumerian/TGI-first, TGI is not a *bad* band, per se, just rather mediocre with some potential. I even saw em live-not especially that great, but hey, they got potenial, fury and fallen ones wasn't too hard on the ears. I just dislike the rock star persona that bands like TGI and bands from Sumerian (which kinda all around sucks as a record label-I mean, Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, AND ABACABB? Seriously, dear god. Periphery doesn't suck, and I the Breather is okay sometimes too, and Conducting From the Grave just needs to drop the whole deathcore breakdown junjun thing, but seriously?)-they don't have that same hardcore feel no mo :P They're kind of the antithesis of the sense of community that hardcore usually/used has/to have. And seriously, they have guarantees upwards of 400, 600 bucks-it kinda seems like they're in it for the money. It just makes the scene feel gross as shit bro. And you also have all the problems with the fucking stupid sceney bitch kids coming in, too-god, makes me wanna go to warped just to beat some scene ass.

Yeah, I may sound like a pretentious ass, but I dunno, they feel like the commodification of hardcore, one of the few genres that's kept itself out of that mode for the past few decades. Meh, its really subjective, and I might be completely wrong about em, but still, I'm entitled to an opinion ;D but on the genre thing, that ain't no opinion shit-that's all straight up fact mufucka.

Also, have heart is the shit. Sure, I hate their fans for the most part, but goddamn boston still got it. Its too bad they broke up.

Yeah, Last.fm, THAT'S where the hardcore community congregates.

http://www.hopecore.com/

How about a magazine that circulates the community and promotes bands of the genre (but also of others like metalcore, you'll notice ABR promos and whatnot).

Then again, I'm not an Asking Alexandria/Attack Attack/ABACABB fan either. I'm more into stuff like Periphery, Veil of Maya, Volumes, TGI, STYG, ABR and Have Heart. Some of Sumerians stuff is bad, but I really like a lot of it, including The Ghost Inside, which is one of my favorite bands. Returners is a fantastic album.

And yeah, scene kids are annoying. But that's no reason to hate the music :P