Sign in to follow this  
...Hi...

Libya and/or Japan files

Has anyone cut either a Libya disad or an argument related to the earthquake/tsunami/meltdown in Japan? I was thinking the Jpan file would be a timeframe cp with a meltdown da as the nb, orrrrr an advantage for a Japan aff. I'd be willing to trade for anything related.

PM me

i started cutting one... then realized the impact wins probability and that's about it. the impacts kinda blew, also the us isn't dealing with radiation, making nuke waste impacts irrelevant. A.K.A. the disad isn't worth your time.

• Downvote 2

We had a judge vote us down cause we ran Egypt instead of Libya. See? Where are you now judge? /rage

tl;dr (no it wasn't) FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by Darth Antonist

i started cutting one... then realized the impact wins probability and that's about it. the impacts kinda blew, also the us isn't dealing with radiation, making nuke waste impacts irrelevant. A.K.A. the disad isn't worth your time.

A. U- military presence key to disaster relief efforts

B. L- disaster relief efforts key to relations

C. !- US/Jap relations key to *insert impact module here*

the impacts from a jap da like this would be fine

We had a judge vote us down cause we ran Egypt instead of Lybia. See? Where are you now judge? /rage

tl;dr (no it wasn't) FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh snap

• Upvote 1

A. U- military presence key to disaster relief efforts

B. L- disaster relief efforts key to relations

C. !- US/Jap relations key to *insert impact module here*

the impacts from a jap da like this would be fine

The aff wins the link turn debate 100% of the time because the link turn is true...

okinawa as well as the public and the government of japan publicly dislike the military. removal'd probably increase relations.

it seems like it would just allow us to send humanitarian helpers (as ig we are calling them) removal could lead to high popularity making the Okinawans more open to foreign aid

• Upvote 1

it seems like it would just allow us to send humanitarian helpers (as ig we are calling them) removal could lead to high popularity making the Okinawans more open to foreign aid

i don't think okinawans are necessarily the ones that need the most aid. i also don't think anyone is averse to aid in the squo.

i don't think okinawans are necessarily the ones that need the most aid. i also don't think anyone is averse to aid in the squo.

Not necessarily the okinawans, but i think military removal would make the Japanese more open to our presence period, which to me seems like that could only help the situation

• Upvote 1

Not necessarily the okinawans, but i think military removal would make the Japanese more open to our presence period, which to me seems like that could only help the situation

take your debate goggles off. japan is not complaining about US humanitarian assistance now. no uniqueness means no link.

during our state qualifier we ran a "Japan needs US assistance now" CP in which instead of removing we sent all marines to wherever the hell they were needed. we had one argument about how these troops were key to running airfields, but since the marines at okinawa deal mainly with naval ships...there isn't much of an argument

also like the above poster said, Japan is cool with what we're doing now and couldn't care less how the *military* presence affects operations

Not unless you cut the cards that said Japan wants us to stay there in the East Asian theater especially after the quakes. Those in conjunction with the disaster relief. I ran a PIC with it. You could also read it with disease and airpower advantages. I got the file put together. PM me if you want to trade.

Not unless you cut the cards that said Japan wants us to stay there in the East Asian theater especially after the quakes. Those in conjunction with the disaster relief. I ran a PIC with it. You could also read it with disease and airpower advantages. I got the file put together. PM me if you want to trade.

take your debate goggles off. japan is not complaining about US humanitarian assistance now. no uniqueness means no link.

But the people, not necessarily the government, are protesting the military, and people tend to generalize

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

I'm interested in any updated files over the Japan earthquake, or any of the protests across North Africa, and how they interact with the policy topic. Not necessarily time-specific disads, just general stuff. Pm me

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this