JustAlex

[DEAD] [M] Round 368: [MILITARY] JustAlex (aff) vs. Skisteak (neg)

only other follow up i have is again on CBWs.

you said that north korea will use them. i guess my question is why

Oh, I misread your question the first time. North Korea has a low threshold for usage of CBW's- they feel that they need to counterbalance against the US with asymmetrical military strategy.

• Upvote 1

That 2AC was troubling. There was a lack of Sheen. That 1AR better fuckin shape up...

I know I'm showing up late, but can I judge too? I have dreamed of being on a panel with Bro Dan. If anyone needs a paradigm, I can post one

I know I'm showing up late, but can I judge too? I have dreamed of being on a panel with Bro Dan. If anyone needs a paradigm, I can post one

OMG T THUR IS AUTOMATICALLY ON THE PANEL <3 x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Come back to GDS :(

This is chill straight up policy, so pretty much anything goes from here. Unless the block reads a new K.

I'm a policymaker/think tank, like Kevin Kallmeyer in real life. ZING

I'll keep this short, I'm tabs, and I will vote on anything in this round. Below are just some dispositions.

CP- I think that my favorite ones are those that are specific to the case with case turns as net benefits. Aside from that, I think that I am more inclined than most to vote aff on the perm when there is a trivial/mitigated net benefit vs. a smallish solvency deficit, but in the end I would hope you would tell me what to value first. In terms of theory, I think that there are some types of perms that are illegitimate, but that does not mean that they are voting issue. That is an extreme uphill battle. The best recourse is probably just to reject the permutation.

DA- I take these almost every 1NR. I think that all DA debates should have a focus on the IL to impacts of the affirmative-- this means make arguments like we access or we turn their impact. I love IL debates.The only thing that you need to know with this is that I think that judges should weigh probability more than they should. I would prefer to avoid the offense/defense framework (unless you tell me to use it), and I think that defense can take out a DA (or case). In your final rebuttals, you need to isolate what the key arguments are and WHY they take out the disad. If you do this, and do nuanced impact calc, you will win (most likely, pun intended).

A side not on impact calc. As stated above, all debates should have a focus on probability impact calc. This involves considering the mathematic chance the DA happens, not just "were systemic, that means most probable". Use your speeches to consider the chance of each internal link (note... the final probability is them multiplied, not added). In terms of other impact calc, obviously timeframe and magnitude are important, but consider more advanced arguments like intervening actors etc.

T- I think the Ross Smith lecture on T and framework is amazing. I default to resonability, but I can be convinced (with a frown) that Competing Interps are good. I should add, I'm a 2a if that says anything. Forcing a team to win that their interp is uniquely better seems dumb... I digress. The neg does not need actual abuse, but they do need to win why their potential abuse is likely (i.e. allowing military presence=troops probably wont lead to hundreds of possible affs.) Lastly, remember that theory is an argument too and that it should be treated as one. This means it has a claim, warrant and support. They kill education which kills debate is not an argument. "They explode the topic to every weapons system. This makes it impossible for us predict which affs to research. We need to research to gain education because its where we read relevant literature. If we don't have the proper research to debate, we can't participate in this discourse which is the IL to education. We need this specific education to advocate our ideas in the future" is an argument.

I should add that I agree with Bro-dan... Kallmyer does have a great outlook on debate, and many of my thoughts stem from him.

Anything else just ask. I'm sure I'm missing something..

It's chill, just wanted to make sure the participants were still alive. I'm super excited about this panel......................

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

I will NOT let this go away

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The epic panel must make a decision together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!