Sign in to follow this  
siegby

Macros

I am going to be teaching the younger kids on my squad about Macros and how they improve your efficiency in card cutting.

I don't use a whole lot, though, and I certainly won't pretend to be a master.

Therefore, I'm curious: What are some macros that the community uses? I'm not talking about macros for paperless debating (although, if you are particularly well informed about paperless debating with a Mac, I would be interested) - but rather macros for card cutting.

Synergy or any other paperless template has macros for cardcutting.

Synergy has a whole manual to read

for ex

Ctrl+shift+g = paste text w/o returns & formatting (good for website

f1 = underline

f4 = highlight

that's pretty much the only two things you'll be using when cutting cards.

I have a Mac.

The shortcuts you listed are hotkeys - not macros.

I use F5 for the unread font, F6 for underline, F7 for tag and cite, and F8 for header. Cmmnd + shift + a for paste special (unformatted) and a few others for highliting and other various tasks. These are hotkeys.

The question I had, then, is: what does everyone else use? I'm sure there are macros I don't know about. Not hotkeys (just one task) but a macro (several mashed together).

it's a basic one, but hit ctrl+h and under find put ^p and under replace put a space. it gets rid of the returns. it's useless if you have synergy though.

I have a Mac.

The shortcuts you listed are hotkeys - not macros.

I use F5 for the unread font, F6 for underline, F7 for tag and cite, and F8 for header. Cmmnd + shift + a for paste special (unformatted) and a few others for highliting and other various tasks. These are hotkeys.

The question I had, then, is: what does everyone else use? I'm sure there are macros I don't know about. Not hotkeys (just one task) but a macro (several mashed together).

My partner uses a mac and just started using the whitman template. It is not as good as synergy but it does have some macros that might be of use like the "Send to Speech" function, or "send block header/ Card" to the .doc of your speech. Other then that, I believe it is just like your standard template