Sign in to follow this  
Evan Scribner

[DEAD] [M] Round 364: [MILITARY] Darth Antonist (aff) vs. Evan Scribner (neg)

All I do is win.

my comeback for all of this bullshit is stated as:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you live in RUSTON! Your life sucks.

I'm down, repost/link me to the digms?

Shit, my paradigm changes too much. Hmm...

Down for any argument style you'd prefer. Not too K-savvy, but that doesn't mean fuck K's, it just means I'm not a seasoned hippie. That being said, I'll evaluate it just like any other advocacy, but I might have a higher standard for warranted argumentation on the line by line. This goes for both sides; don't just copy paste the "A2 ZIZEK" section of your K backfile, and don't just treat the K like a disad- give me a story and shit.

I'm a semi-politics hack at heart; while mad updated cards are more impressive in a real round, updated cards here [not just from CAPITAL please- those are pretty good files, but it still is kinda lame that you're essentially mooching off of someone else's work rather than using CAPITAL as a supplement to your own work] serve you well. Politics may lose its shock and awe especially in a VDB- you're online, you can cut some cards. I really like clever 2AC responses and internal politics tricks though- not just the standard "shits gonna pass/won't pass, plans pop/not pop, no spillover" etc. Find something clever that would actually catch your opponent offguard.

T's fine. By that I mean if the 2nr is just T and it's really line by line, make it an interesting read. Wading through 5 minutes of why fairness outweighs education and reasonability is bad is boooooring. Jokes and one-liners are a plus [that goes for everything actually].

Don't make dumb decisions. That's really what this is about. Too often debates come down to "drops" rather than evaluation. Evaluation makes for better education on both sides; drops and undercoverage just teaches you to better allocate your words. While that is definitely a good skill to have, learning comparison and analysis are also key components.

Questions? I probably just jumped around because I'm just sitting in a hotel room doing nothing.

I'll judge.

I try to be tab; I prefer K's, but that won't affect my judging. Your aff is cool. Not going to ghost extend anything after the round, etc., etc. Run what you want, and I'll judge it.

If you have any specific questions, ask.

Hey, it looks like BOSDICK has removed all the insulting posts from this thread. Sorry about the delayed response on this. I didn't have computer access for several days. But if anything else comes up, let me know.

hey, sorry for the delay, mediafire didn't agree with my laptop and I had to get another computer to download the 1ac. cx within a few hours, 1nc tonight/tomorrow

Sorry again for the delay, 1nc will be up as soon as CX is done

1. Why vote aff?

2. Who is your agent?

3. What is the plantext?

4. What are your impacts?

5. Why are they the most important impacts in the round?

6. Who wins in a nuclear war?

7. What can be done to avoid nuclear wars, both impending and in the future?

8. What does your 1AC do in terms of worldwide, longterm stability?

9. Please outline how a hypothetical war with china would go down, from today to the terminal impact.

Sorry again for the delay, 1nc will be up as soon as CX is done

1. Why vote aff?

-The affirmative's job is to defend hypothetical implemintation of a policy action to be implemented by the United States federal government. Through this, they must prove why their plan is a better alternative to the status quo. At this point in the round, we have done this, and should win. By the 2AR, we will still have done this, and will give further analysis as to why an affirmative ballot is warrented under our framework of policy debate. Moreover, at this point in the debate, there isn't much of an option.

2. Who is your agent?

-The United States federal government, the plan passes through normal means: Congress guts funding, and the president initiates the process that ends the cooperation on SM3 Block IIA's.

3. What is the plantext?

-Lol, holy crap, in my half dead state, I forgot the fucking plan text. I'm so boned...

Here's the plan text: The United States federal government should end cooperation with Japan over the development and deployment of its SM3 Block IIA missles.

If you want to let that slide, then tell me, otherwise, I'ma modify my CX answers and make this bitch a K aff...somehow...

4. What are your impacts?

-First is US China war. There are multiple scenarios for this outlined in the 1AC. First, SM3 Block IIA's gut China's ability to reunify with Taiwan, which is a critical aspect of Chinese military strategy, that was Zhang and Gates. Second was Japanese militarism. China percieves Japanese BMD as a threat of Japanese rearmament which leads to regional instability. Independently, Korean war. (Roberts and Chol) Third is ASAT. Our Gagon evidence indicates that China perceives the US development of the IIA's as the track to first strike capabilities. The IIA has the ability to intercept and destroy satalites in low earth orbit, gutting China's ability to detect incoming missiles. Forth is Chinese Modernization. My Yoshihara evidence indicates that China will see the IIA's as a threat to it's limited nuclear arsenal and develope more broad and devistating nuclear weapons. This would lead to a guarunteed miscalc (more Yoshihara) and war. Last was Chinese Sovereighnty. IIA's destroy the detterence value of China's nuclear arsenal, meaning it gives the US first strike capabilities over China. China isn't cool with this, war. These lead to extinction or near extinction. Second is Proliferation. Use of hyper BMD, like the SM3 Block IIA, Toki indicates that Japan is at a critical point, and further development guts the credability of disarmament talks. Zhang indicates that the inevitable arms sales of the IIA's will gut the ability to control nuclear arms sales. Leads to arms races. Cross apply the Sovereignty from above, functions as an internal link here. The NTP and all that jazz is destroyed by these I/Ls Last advantage was ASAT's. Simply put: IIA's are ASAT capable, makes space mil inevitable, extinction, prolif, and arms races. Not in that order of course.

5. Why are they the most important impacts in the round?

-Most probable, multiple internal links to nuclear war, and most specific evidence, on the brink now, means that our time frame is almost immediate, highest magnatude, multiple scenarios for nuclear war and the collapse of civilization, extinction.

6. Who wins in a nuclear war?

-Nobody. We're all screwed.

7. What can be done to avoid nuclear wars, both impending and in the future?

-To avert neclear war we can: Promote disarmament, which is gutted by IIA's, making the plan key, and that's about it. The world's stability is to fragile for anything to rash. We need good diplomatic disscussion to save the world. IIA's gut this.

8. What does your 1AC do in terms of worldwide, longterm stability?

-Good stuff. We basically avert multiple issues in East Asia, which is a hot spot, and the most dangerous one, in the world, meaning overall world stability is increased. Moreover, longterm is irrelevant when we all die in the short term by the plan impacts. Ending coop with Japan will lead to warmer relations with China, a world superpwer, doing good for all. It's basically Nixon's visit to China. (Without the Watergate part.)

9. Please outline how a hypothetical war with china would go down, from today to the terminal impact.

-God...it depends on the internal link scenario. Pick one, and I'll go from there.

to continue with 9, I guess my question is whats the spark for the war, any given one. How will it start?

All five internal links can independently cause the war, which serves to magnify my impact. It starts when China gets tired of our shit and decides to "settle it like real men" (Blow stuff up).

Bump. Are you still planning to finish this round?

Bump. Are you still planning to finish this round?

Yes.

I'm wicked sorry for disappearing. Computer troubles, AP classes, etc. very sorry, i have had a 1nc ready for 2 weeks but i've been unable to post it.

Does anyone know how to do a word count on a mac?