Sign in to follow this  
KCKCCdebate

KCKCC National Qualifiers Warmup Tournament

Unless I am counting wrong, BVW and SME each won 5 rounds against the other... it may be a little early to be talking trashing...

Correct me if I am wrong but these are the BVW-SME matchups I remember from this year (I think SME KT might have another win on BVW that I am missing)

BVW OR def. SME CH at BVN prelims

SME KT def. BVW NY at BVN Prelims

SME CH def. BVW BS at BVN QTRS

SME CH def. BVW OR at BVN SEMS

SME CH def. BVW BS at KCKCC doubles

BVW BS def. SME KM-H at CFL qualifier

SME CH def. BVW BS at DCI

BVW BS def. SME KM-H at State prelims

BVW MT def. SME KT at State Prelims

BVW BS def. SME CH at State QTRS

yep, you're missing two wins for KT, but I don't care. say we're equal. the TOC bids don't mean anything amirite?

yep, you're missing two wins for KT, but I don't care. say we're equal. the TOC bids don't mean anything amirite?

actually i think they do...

I think I might be missing an NY win too (against BM?). I think you guys came out with a few more wins than us in head-to-head matchups.

Obviously SME is one of the best debate programs in the state with an excellent coaching staff and great debaters. No one is questioning that.

In regards to the TOC bids, I felt like BVW's 1st place finish in 4-speaker and 2nd place finish in 2-speaker as well as 7th place finish at DCI and 8th place finish at DCI might "cancel" the TOC bids out. I don't mean to start any sort of argument at all; obviously, TOC bids are extremely impressive. My only point is that it may be a little early for TheSpecifier to be saying who will be the dominant force next year.

LOL BM... that prob shouldn't count

I don't know if they cancel, but both squads will be good next year we will just have to wait and see who the dominant force is ;)

Edited by TheSpecifier

Unless I am counting wrong, BVW and SME each won 5 rounds against the other... it may be a little early to be talking trashing...

Correct me if I am wrong but these are the BVW-SME matchups I remember from this year (I think SME KT might have another win on BVW that I am missing)

BVW OR def. SME CH at BVN prelims

SME KT def. BVW NY at BVN Prelims

SME CH def. BVW BS at BVN QTRS

SME CH def. BVW OR at BVN SEMS

SME CH def. BVW BS at KCKCC doubles

BVW BS def. SME KM-H at CFL qualifier

SME CH def. BVW BS at DCI

BVW BS def. SME KM-H at State prelims

BVW MT def. SME KT at State Prelims

BVW BS def. SME CH at State QTRS

SME CH beat another BVW team in prelims at BVN

This threat is lol

WHO CARES!?!? This SME BVW war is not only incredibly petty but also extreemly embarrassing to both squads. For the first time in my life I actually feel ashamed to debate at SME. No one in the entire world cares who is "the best." Debate isn't about being good relative to other people, its about reaching your personal potential and getting something out of the activity and community. Its shocking that high schoolers are concerned enough to go through results from previous tournaments just to prove that they're some how "better" because their squad has won more rounds. News flash, the only rounds that matter are the rounds you haven't debated yet. The only reason to even consider old tournaments is for the purpose of reflecting on what you could have done differently to win your arguments. The idea that there should be a running tally of who beat who is asinine. Not only does it serve no purpose to pick the "better" debaters, but it also kills the sense of companionship that should be a part of debate in Kansas. If anyone has something to prove, then they can wait for the next season instead of whining to the internet. I don't know who exactly, apart from some of the SME debaters, has been feeding the fire, but I advise you to stop before you completely ruin your squad's reputation and destroy any friendships you make have made through debate. I personally am going to assume that this whole thing started because people are overly anxious for nationals and wanted to talk about debate in a competitive way. This is being generous, but I am interested in preserving the spirit of community that exists in Kansas and I value my friendships with the BVW debaters.

While you (people bitching on crossx) are busy worrying about whether or not you're record against another school is positive or negative, everyone else is preparing for nationals/next year. Why not use crossx as a way to improve our state instead of worrying about who's more likely to win the dci?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

WHO CARES!?!? This SME BVW war is not only incredibly petty but also extreemly embarrassing to both squads. For the first time in my life I actually feel ashamed to debate at SME. No one in the entire world cares who is "the best." Debate isn't about being good relative to other people, its about reaching your personal potential and getting something out of the activity and community. Its shocking that high schoolers are concerned enough to go through results from previous tournaments just to prove that they're some how "better" because their squad has won more rounds. News flash, the only rounds that matter are the rounds you haven't debated yet. The only reason to even consider old tournaments is for the purpose of reflecting on what you could have done differently to win your arguments. The idea that there should be a running tally of who beat who is asinine. Not only does it serve no purpose to pick the "better" debaters, but it also kills the sense of companionship that should be a part of debate in Kansas. If anyone has something to prove, then they can wait for the next season instead of whining to the internet. I don't know who exactly, apart from some of the SME debaters, has been feeding the fire, but I advise you to stop before you completely ruin your squad's reputation and destroy any friendships you make have made through debate. I personally am going to assume that this whole thing started because people are overly anxious for nationals and wanted to talk about debate in a competitive way. This is being generous, but I am interested in preserving the spirit of community that exists in Kansas and I value my friendships with the BVW debaters.

While you (people bitching on crossx) are busy worrying about whether or not you're record against another school is positive or negative, everyone else is preparing for nationals/next year. Why not use crossx as a way to improve our state instead of worrying about who's more likely to win the dci?

i'm actually just focusing on mock trial nationals... o wait

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Inherencyftw again.

Damn. Well, I tried.

• Upvote 1

Well said.

• Upvote 1

You guys arguing over who is better is like DTrain and I arguing over who is better at playing basketball because ultimately he is a gawky sri lankan and i'm an uncoordinated jew. In the same way none of you are really major players in the debate community so does it really matter who is better?

You guys arguing over who is better is like DTrain and I arguing over who is better at playing basketball because ultimately he is a gawky sri lankan and i'm an uncoordinated jew. In the same way none of you are really major players in the debate community so does it really matter who is better?

I'm not Jewish... But of course it does!!!11!!!11!!!!!!!!!11!1111111!!!! This is clearly an indication of who is the better squad, because Cross-X is an international forum that brings together the greatest minds from all corners of the world (i.e. The Truth) to judge how good one squad is versus another. Obvi

I plan to be there judging, at least on saturday.

I've also encouraged the Field Kindley and Parsons teams to attend, and for Field Kindley, Fort Scott, and Caney Valley to bring their qualifiers for the congress event.

I assume the Missouri teams have been invited as well.

Edited by keiv

Is it possible to go maverick? My partner might be getting surgery on the day of this tourney.

I know one of the Blue Valley West debaters qualified to NFL and CFL with different partners. Last year I believe 3 Blue Valley boys had the same problem so they alternated with an Emporia debater whose partner was gone. That might be an option if they are planning on sending the 3 and would like to do that. You can probably contact them. Also, asking around you may find another debater with the same dilemma as you who is also looking for a partner. I think the KCKCC warm-up allows you to partner with a debater from a different school, but then again, that could be diffferent.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't really think it's beneficial to debate with someone who doesn't run my aff or my general strats. So, is going maverick allowed?

I don't really think it's beneficial to debate with someone who doesn't run my aff or my general strats. So, is going maverick allowed?

I'm not running the tournament, but I debated about half of this tournament my senior year by myself and nobody seemed to care.

I know one of the Blue Valley West debaters qualified to NFL and CFL with different partners. Last year I believe 3 Blue Valley boys had the same problem so they alternated with an Emporia debater whose partner was gone. That might be an option if they are planning on sending the 3 and would like to do that. You can probably contact them. Also, asking around you may find another debater with the same dilemma as you who is also looking for a partner. I think the KCKCC warm-up allows you to partner with a debater from a different school, but then again, that could be diffferent.

Just my 2 cents.

One of the guys on the other team that qualified from West might not be able to go, so BVW might be good to go. I am not sure at this point, though.