Sign in to follow this  
LordAuch

And we're back...

Cross-X.com experienced a minor hacking event on Sunday. A small vulnerability was exploited to deface our forum index. Cross-X.com was taken offline and the vulnerability was patched. No user information was stolen, and no data has been lost. Passwords are stored using an encrypted hash and unique salt, so your password is never exposed.

The downtime was utilized to make various software upgrades, including a new caching system and an improved database interface. Both of these improvements will increase efficiency and speed. Unfortunately, to prevent future incidents the arcade has been removed. It was a rarely used feature, and there are many other (better) flash game websites.

After the recovery process, Cross-X.com was brought back online early Monday morning. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter our datacenter began experiencing issues with their core network. This affected both external connectivity and communications between our web and database servers.

Network service was restored Monday night, and we are back at 100%.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

David Robinson

Where can I get some of this "unique salt" that you speak of?? I've been missing something unique in my vegetable soup recipe.