Sign in to follow this  
Vegrjrgrvecevtkgjwfbsc

[DEAD] [M] Round 359: [MILITARY] Skirtsteak (aff) vs. liampirate (neg)

I'm still confused: why can't we do the aff and do the CP? What part of the aff makes building the "modern silk road" impossible?

Explain what you're trying to get at on case -

Your pak turns means that it turns heg? Why?

Also, what's the link-turn on Heg? Just that withdrawal hurts heg?

Also what is this whole "you don't create a new program" stuff?

I'm pretty sure that's it

And cool, the world count is pretty high, I know. :P

I'm still confused: why can't we do the aff and do the CP? What part of the aff makes building the "modern silk road" impossible?

It links to the net benefits, while the CP doesn't.

Explain what you're trying to get at on case -

Your pak turns means that it turns heg? Why?

The argument is that, ifwe prove that the case causes pak instability, we have also proven that the case causes a decrease in heg because pak stability is critical to maintaining US power structured

Also, what's the link-turn on Heg? Just that withdrawal hurts heg?

That the plan hurts heg, yes

Also what is this whole "you don't create a new program" stuff?

The argumen is that your 1ac reads a few cards that CT solves for terrorism, heg, etc. However, your plan only leaves enough troops for CT, it does not guarantee that CT continues to exist or that an effective CT program will exist post-plan

I'm pretty sure that's it

And cool, the world count is pretty high, I know. :P

It helps you out more, because you have the 1ar, but Im not complaining, haha.

as I was reading this more carefully, it says 'c. They read a new heg impact, we’ll concede it. It gives us a new impact to the straight turned advantage. There’s also no reason why deterring Iran is good. " - what advantage are you straight turning?

as I was reading this more carefully, it says 'c. They read a new heg impact, we’ll concede it. It gives us a new impact to the straight turned advantage. There’s also no reason why deterring Iran is good. " - what advantage are you straight turning?

Heg. We extended no challengers to dominance now, takes out uniqueness, and the link turn that the plan kills hegemony.

1NR will be up later tonight. It will be Ptx & Solvency, and im currently about half way done with Politics.

I guess the heg advantage isn't straight turned per se, but you would have to concede solvency in order to get out of it, which would take out all the offense you have in this debate except for Ptx

• Downvote 1