Sign in to follow this  
Vegrjrgrvecevtkgjwfbsc

[DEAD] [M] Round 359: [MILITARY] Skirtsteak (aff) vs. liampirate (neg)

Cross X:

Why do the judge(s) vote aff?

Your doronsorro ev says that without troops, there wont be jihadist nationalism, but you only decrease troops not completly withdraw.

what evidence says that CT strategy wont lead to overstretch?

How many afgan security forces are there?

Why did you link that video?

WE BE NEEDIN SUM JUDGES YO

Yo, ill judge. 2nd year debater, just qualled for nats, evaluate any argument. I only look to items on the flow with a comprehensive claim, warrant and an impact extended. Predisposed that the AFF should be topical, very willing to vote on theory, willing to assaign a zero risk to things. Questions should be asked.

edit: Im willing to be persuaded that T isnt a voter and Its not like im eager to vote on any theory debate. I weirdly put that. sorry

Edited by liampirate

Read a dirty words k for the 2ac. I'm pretty sure he links:

I should run grammer words K on you. Who do you think you are for saying Rawr?

Anyways, go ahead and run da k yo, don't think i have it blocked out?

Cross X:

Why do the judge(s) vote aff?

If they think the plan is a good idea compared to the status quo or a competitive policy option

Your doronsorro ev says that without troops, there wont be jihadist nationalism, but you only decrease troops not completly withdraw.

Sure, our argument is that a COIN strategy specifically hurts Karzai's credibility. A drawdown to a purely non-visible counterterrorism strategy doesn't make Karzai look like a CIA pawn anymore.

what evidence says that CT strategy wont lead to overstretch?

We argue that the COIN strategy inherently overstreches our military in the SQ. The Boyle evidence is great - it says COIN makes us go to where the terrorists are - while at the same time trying to build a stable nation. Boyle says that this inevitably leads to the collapse of hegemony.

How many afgan security forces are there?

In the SQ or post plan?

Why did you link that video?

Just as a joke. It's not affiliated with the 1AC or this debate. I just thought it was funny.

WE BE NEEDIN SUM JUDGES YO

Ill Judge if its alright. Paradigm:

T-I'm cool with it. I tend to lean away from fairness standards and look more to education and reasonability. I tend to vote for the aff more times than not. but if the neg argues it effectively throughout the round i will vote on it.

Theory-LOVE IT. I absolutely love watching a good theory debate. Run theory on anything you want. Once again i like watching the education standards be argued effectively.

Disads-I really need to see a clear and precise link story. Try to avoid being vague. Show me why the impacts are going to outweigh the case with a good impact calc

Counterplans-Show me why it competes and solves just as good or better(agent). I find myself swaying to the aff on perms. It is the negs job to go in depth as to why the perm cannot work. I like good impact to impact debates on counter plans, impact turns will rank high on the flow.

Kritiks-Ks-Love them. Getting more familiar with the lit everyday and i would love to learn some more. Link story needs to be there. It needs to be clear and concise. Its the negs job to prove the link not the affs job. Impact wise, i need to see a reason why the k outweighs all the impacts of the aff, whether thats through a root cause or some sneaky v2l outweighs argument is fine with me. I need to see the aff working hard to show why the perm works, not just the neg working hard to show why it doesn't work. I get sick of hearing perms that are thrown for no strategic purpose except to time skew on a kritik.

Framework- Enjoy a good framework debate. Like to look at competing interps. Try not to make the flow messy with this one.

Other questions just ask.

Are you trying to spread someone out on a Vdebate? Haha.

This is what Liam ALWAYS does. He doesn't understand the concept of strategic integrity, aka, extreme condo is bad

• Downvote 1

CX:

Imperialism:

What's imperialism and how do we mask it? (what's the link)

CP:

What does it do?

Net benefits?

What advantages does it claim to solve? Just heg and afghan stability?

DA:

Quote from Nagl

"Withdrawing from Afghanistan would lead to the rapid demise of the Karzai government, at least in the areas already being wrested from its grasp."

If the SQ is already fighting Karzai for control of provinces, how do we link?

On the Karzai Cap card, it sounds like Karzai's done this before. Why hasn't that triggered your impact?

Also, if the Uniqueness is true (Obama & karzai are tight), why would he "feel a cold shoulder" as in MacKenzie?

What's the impact to the DA? Escalation of what exactly...?

That's all I have for now, I think.

CX:

Imperialism:

What's imperialism and how do we mask it? (what's the link)

Patniak says that the advantages you claim off of a plan are proof that your plan is trying to continue colonial dominance by trying to be strategic with your forces, aka by taking an action that you believe is in the US's best interests you are just trying to continue the US's empire

CP:

What does it do?

- more money for USAID and DOS

- have congress oversee the military more closely

- increase foreign assistance under the Dod

- build a transport/trade system is Afghanistan

Net benefits? Both DA's, the Link/Impact of the Kritik and the case turns (specifically on stability and heg)

What advantages does it claim to solve? Just heg and afghan stability?

It solves for terrorism and stability vio our Starr card and Heg via the Hill and Natter card

DA:

Quote from Nagl

"Withdrawing from Afghanistan would lead to the rapid demise of the Karzai government, at least in the areas already being wrested from its grasp."

If the SQ is already fighting Karzai for control of provinces, how do we link?

The card says that areas that are presently unstable in afghanistan would become completely disconnected from the government. Just because the SQ is fighting Karzai does not at all ensure a win.

On the Karzai Cap card, it sounds like Karzai's done this before. Why hasn't that triggered your impact?

Im not sure what this is refering to, but in the past the USfg has had far less support in Afghanistan because it has been less necessary

Also, if the Uniqueness is true (Obama & karzai are tight), why would he "feel a cold shoulder" as in MacKenzie?

Because Karzai continues to necessarily be concerned of the US, and there is still a small lack of US support. Also, post-plan, the US would have far less support to the KArzai government, the equivalent of the US saying to Karzai "we dont care about you."

What's the impact to the DA? Escalation of what exactly...?

The impact is world power conflict and wars

That's all I have for now, I think.

yeee

On Imperialism:

so we should just keep making stupid military blunders? and how does the alt solve?

No, we are saying that military decisions are part of a larger plan -- to improve and help the military

The alt solves because of its radical nature -- by rejecting such a large military plan, we have taken a clear stance against the imperialistic practices of the AFF

Also, generic question: status is condo I assume?'

The CP and K are both condo

2AC should be up tonight if all goes well.

That would be sweet. I'm not sure what the time convergence between Seattle and Colorado is, but if its up by 8 my time, and you stay on for an hour for CX, I could have the block up by the time I go to sleep.

That would be sweet. I'm not sure what the time convergence between Seattle and Colorado is, but if its up by 8 my time, and you stay on for an hour for CX, I could have the block up by the time I go to sleep.

I'm in Vegas bro. Same time zone.