Sign in to follow this  
InTheFlesh

[DEAD] [M] Round 358 [MILITARY] InTheFlesh (aff) vs. Patriotpolicy13 (neg)

The link

Our link is predicated off the fact that they refuse to challenge the origin of the problems they isolate. The State doesn't instill these desires for oppression into us, they were already there from the start. Inside each of us there is this desire for fascism, to be grouped and oppressed. The affirmative team thinks that by attacking the State he will make the problems disappear but he is completely wrong. When we don't attack the problems at their source, they will only morph into a different form. Sure the State may go away, but it will come back, in a different form but it will do the same damage. He says the State is made out of millions of desiring machines, i agree. That means that the State is made out of us. We fuel the State with our inner desires for fascism. Just like in Nazi Germany, we get hard ons for the fascist regime. The only way to solve any problems is to attack the source.

The alt

Our alternative implies a few different things. First, we will identify that the problems brought up in the 1ac are fueled by our inner desires for them. The State doesn't make us desire security as he implies it, it comes from us to stay opressed. Once we identify with what the problem is we will begin to challenge it. This is a process of recognizing when our fascist desire begins to get out of control. We dont pretend that we can get ride of these desires, its not possible. All we say is we keep it in check. It is only when we allow these desires to get out of control, that they group up with other peoples fascist desire, that we get something like the State. That's why the State is able to group us all so easily and steal our individualsim, because it's not made from one single persons desire, it comes from all of ours. We all are responsible for the problems. Only after we do all this can we decide what the world needs to look like, what course of action we need to take. Thats why the perm will never work, we need to sit and think for a while as the Schlag card indicates. Only then, once we've found the origin of the problem and began to challenge it, can we figure out what our world should be like. The alternative is always going to be a pre-requisite to the case. They cannot be done at the same time as the perm indicates because we dont know if the affs course of action will be right for the world once we follow through with the alt.

Impact

The impact we control in this round are the very impact the affirmative team is attempting to win with. He goes on and isolates all these issues with the State, all these problems in the Status Quo. Our kritik agrees with him. Those are some pretty heavy impacts, but we see the solvency deficit the case has, we see that it will lead to a magnified re-creation of the impacts. In this round we will win on magnitude. We solve 100% of their impacts because we solve for the problems at their core. He does not work their origins so he only makes the impacts worse, this is when you pull the trigger on magnitude. We win on probability, we know for a fact through our evidence that his case is going to recreate his impacts, we own the solvency for the problems in this round so you pull the trigger on the higher probability that our case solves a thousand times better. You also look to that fact that even if there is a minute chance that the case will not be preferable after the alt, you dont pass the plan while doing the alt. Therefore there is nothing here but a neg ballot.

Edited by PatriotPolicy13

Oh shit, I totally forgot about this thread, I got so absorbed by the 2AC for the other Vdebate. I'll work on this and have it together soon, my apologies to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Bump. It has been over two weeks since the last post. Are you planning to post the next speech soon, or is this round dead?

Once again, my apologies to everyone for taking so long to get off my lazy ass and write this up, but here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9u22lb2cz5beaf4

It's going to go:

Overview/Case

Top of the 2NC down the line

Link

Alt

Perm (The perm stuff started on point 4 on the 2NC flow. The 1AR will make a lot more sense if you look at the 2NC as a referent point)

Edited by InTheFlesh
Bad link

Once again, my apologies to everyone for taking so long to get off my lazy ass and write this up, but here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9u22lb2cz5beaf4

It's going to go:

Overview/Case

Top of the 2NC down the line

Link

Alt

Perm (The perm stuff started on point 4 on the 2NC flow. The 1AR will make a lot more sense if you look at the 2NC as a referent point)

Okay, 2nr will be up in about 3 weeks.

PatriotPolicy13, are you actually planning to write the next speech even though it has taken this long, or should I still label the round as "dead?"