Dr. McNinja

The Oscars

Art Direction and Cinematography have already been given out, with Alice in Wonderland and Inception winning each respectively.

Best supporting actress is up next.

No love for Chris Nolan.

As the only actually original premise, Inception deserved it.

Christian Bale with best supporting actor, he was awesome in the Fighter.

Yes, he was. Listening to him talk in his natural accent is way weird.

Seriously, though, the Academy seems to hate Nolan. Dark Knight doesn't get a nom, and Inception probably won't win much.

Yes, he was. Listening to him talk in his natural accent is way weird.

Seriously, though, the Academy seems to hate Nolan. Dark Knight doesn't get a nom, and Inception probably won't win much.

I know. It's probably because he's done (i think) all of one film with his actual accent.

As for Nolan, I think the Academy just hasn't been ready to give an Oscar to a comic book film. The next Batman might change that.

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross with Best Original score. I thought Inception would get it, but the musical pacing of the Social Network was perfect.

There is a substantial difference between the categories. I don't think it's at all surprising that it turned out like that.

The intensity and amount of work that must have gone into the editing and mixing of Inception is surely enough to win those awards alone. Add in that they were great and it's no surprise. Zimmer's work on Inception was just Dark Knight 2.0 though.

As the only actually original premise, Inception deserved it.
I liked it better when it was called The Matrix, and I liked THAT better when it was called Descartes' Meditations.

EDIT: Really, McNinja? REALLY? The Oscars are SRS BZNESS.

Edited by Screech

There is a substantial difference between the categories. I don't think it's at all surprising that it turned out like that.

The intensity and amount of work that must have gone into the editing and mixing of Inception is surely enough to win those awards alone. Add in that they were great and it's no surprise. Zimmer's work on Inception was just Dark Knight 2.0 though.

Very true, and again, The Social Networking did have an excellent score which was perfectly placed, I guess Inception's much more clear use of music (yeah, dark knight 2.0) left a stronger impression.

Whether or not King's Speech deserved Best Picture, Colin Firth's performance was mindbogglingly good and easily deserving of Best Male Actor.