retired

Checking in from Wisconsin

wayne krammer (mc5)

tom morrello (and the nightwatchmen [ratm])

rise against

dropkick murhpys

Wow, it's like a who's who of douchebag activist musicians.

we are going to win this thing

lol

Edited by Dr. McNinja
  • Downvote 2

first, you have no idea who wayne krammer or the mc5 are (hint: not techno)

second.

it was FUCKING AWESOME.

third, fuck rassmussen. fourth - we got the momentum, we are winning. the fitzgeralds are already backing down. and dan kapanke is showing signs of breaking, and two other repub senators are grumbling.

WE ARE WINNING.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

first, you have no idea who wayne krammer or the mc5 are (hint: not techno)

How true, I guess that makes tom morello, rise against and the dropkick murphys not douchebag activist musicians. (hint: i don't care who wayne krammar or the mc5 are)

third, fuck rassmussen. fourth - we got the momentum, we are winning. the fitzgeralds are already backing down. and dan kapanke is showing signs of breaking, and two other repub senators are grumbling.

Yeah, fuck statisics!

So do you just not watch the news, or do you construct your own little retired word where reality need not concern itself? Owing to your unreliability when it comes to accurately portraying events, I checked local news sources on the matter of Republicans backing down on the bill. Wouldn't you know it? Nothing came up. The only concession I could find was by Dale Schultz, which still removed collective bargaining rights, except for two years.

You know, it would be big news if the Senate Majority Leader & Speaker of the House Republican Brothers Fitzgerald were "backing down." In that regard, I have seen nothing about either or from either, save that the elder sees the dems who hightailed it out of the state as pathetic (as does pretty much everybody else in the country,) and that they have no intention of voting on the bill until the dems are present. As for Kapanke, the only remarks I found were first about him being undecided, but then three days later his being satisfied with the amended legislation.

WE ARE WINNING.

Coulda fooled me.

Well there's problem #1 for predicting the outcome of Wisconsin's political turmoil... Rasmussen sucks.

national sample accurate for subgeographic demographic. blah blah basic statistics l2 math.

Edited by Dr. McNinja
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lol. edjukation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwZKIUH650&feature=related

Secondly, the Rassmussen poll can't judge the impact of firefighter and police protest (joining us in our RETIRED little world).

Third, it would have helped if rassmussen would have called any million of us with a cell phone.

Fitzgeralds could easily move union busting into a different rider. But they don't even have the support in their own caucus.

Sorry bro, but drudge report doesn't have the lowdown on this shit.

• Upvote 1

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/poll-walkers-anti-union-stance-turning-off-wisconsin-voters.php?ref=fpblg

eat it

Poll says we have majority support. Walker has high disapproval ratings. From reputable regional poller.

and this:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/rasmussen-poll-on-wisconsin-dispute-may-be-biased/

says your rightwing poll is biased.

Edited by retired

i thought the next segment was pretty good.

john oliver was attempting some camel segment, and it failed, with the camel being injured. (duh, its fucking icy here).

bad call, daily show.

(thedailypage.com)

Secondly, the Rassmussen poll can't judge the impact of firefighter and police protest (joining us in our RETIRED little world).

What does this even mean? The only thing I've seen about firefighters and police officers is that the Firefighter union president sided with the protesters. Big fucking surprise.

Fitzgeralds could easily move union busting into a different rider. But they don't even have the support in their own caucus.

Sorry bro, but drudge report doesn't have the lowdown on this shit.

So you do construct your own little world where reality need not concern itself.

I don't read the drudge report.

A poll sponsored by the AFL-CIO.

Ahahahaha

hahahahaha

hahahahahaha

good one.

Nate Silver has placed Rasmussen as his most respected polling group in the past, and in that article he only criticizes them for framing the talking point of important public employees going on strike. On that note, it's good that Rasmussen frames it that way. It's reminding everyone that teachers are shutting down the school systems for no educative-furthering purpose.

national sample accurate for subgeographic demographic. blah blah basic statistics l2 math.

Also, honest question-- how does this constitute a point/ a valid argument?

Why is my mum's opinion, who is hundreds of miles away, constitute a valid opinion on the situation here?

J/w, honestly.

What does this even mean? The only thing I've seen about firefighters and police officers is that the Firefighter union president sided with the protesters. Big fucking surprise.

So you do construct your own little world where reality need not concern itself.

I don't read the drudge report.

A poll sponsored by the AFL-CIO.

Ahahahaha

hahahahaha

hahahahahaha

good one.

Nate Silver has placed Rasmussen as his most respected polling group in the past, and in that article he only criticizes them for framing the talking point of important public employees going on strike. On that note, it's good that Rasmussen frames it that way. It's reminding everyone that teachers are shutting down the school systems for no educative-furthering purpose.

You're doing a really good job of making yourself look like a douche

• Upvote 1

poll commissioned by afl cio because they want to know the outcome. nate silver praised this polls methodology.

he raised serious "leading question" issues with your rightwing troll poll.

USAToday poll: 61% unions.

The rank and file police have been awesome. Not only have they been bringing the protesters food and water, most off duties are there. There are several video testimonies why police are standing with us (they know they are next, divide and conquer).

The only thing you've seen is the head of the unions? really?

check this out:

Fireman_march.jpg

02222011-wisconsin.jpg

firefighters_WI_500.jpg

439x.jpg

but you live far away and are trying to tell me whats going on in my city, so if there's anything else you think i should know, just post it on this thread and ill be happy to ridicule you.

i voted af(l-cio) for retired. it seemed like the debate came down to a couple pretty key issues. firstly, he had the only methodological indict. so i took your poll with a heavy amount of skepticism. the other issue was it seemed like your strategy was a non starter. you put the debate on his (home) ground, allowing him to control the debate from the start. as a result, it seemed like most of the debate was him making arguments and you being like "i didn't know that! there's nothing on my fox news RSS feeds about that!". I'll also say that part of the problem was the rebuttal. seemed like you sort of missed the boat, you know that old judging line about two ships passing in the night? i mean, i just don't understand the relevance of an interview where the governor confirms the most basic elements of the story (yep, he's union busting...neat), numerous reminders that the wisconsin legislative process isn't functioning at the moment, and a card that connects wisc gop tactics to the broader GOP election strategy. so yeah, anyway, you lose. i'd suggest maybe asking your coach about line by line drills, or maybe work on a more coherent strategy to some of the arguments you're likely to see. but anyway, yeah, you lost. questions?

• Upvote 9

i voted af(l-cio) for retired. it seemed like the debate came down to a couple pretty key issues. firstly, he had the only methodological indict. so i took your poll with a heavy amount of skepticism. the other issue was it seemed like your strategy was a non starter. you put the debate on his (home) ground, allowing him to control the debate from the start. as a result, it seemed like most of the debate was him making arguments and you being like "i didn't know that! there's nothing on my fox news RSS feeds about that!". I'll also say that part of the problem was the rebuttal. seemed like you sort of missed the boat, you know that old judging line about two ships passing in the night? i mean, i just don't understand the relevance of an interview where the governor confirms the most basic elements of the story (yep, he's union busting...neat), numerous reminders that the wisconsin legislative process isn't functioning at the moment, and a card that connects wisc gop tactics to the broader GOP election strategy. so yeah, anyway, you lose. i'd suggest maybe asking your coach about line by line drills, or maybe work on a more coherent strategy to some of the arguments you're likely to see. but anyway, yeah, you lost. questions?

And this is why you get pos rep

• Downvote 1

democrats in the assembly have no choice but let the bill pass, as they could leave now and republicans would still have the votes.

they offered hundreds of amendments to slow down passage and improve this horrible bill

Senate dems are still in Chicago. The governor was busted by ian murphy as sucking Koch's dick.

Our governor even went as far as to say he thought about provocateurs, but decided against it, because it might help our cause.

There are now several ethic complaints against him and shows collusion between the governors office and third party political funding.

The Chief of Police in madison is a great guy. He understands 21st century policing very well. One of our last chief of police left the force to be a pacifist monk.

But he's PISSED. here's a segment of what he had to say to the Gov.:

" I find it very unsettling and troubling that anyone would consider creating safety risks for our citizens and law enforcement officers. Our department works hard dialoging with those who are exercising their First Amendment right, those from both sides of the issue, to make sure we are doing everything we can to ensure they can demonstrate safely.

"I am concerned that anyone would try to undermine these relationships. I have a responsibility to the community, and to the men and women of this department — who are working long hours protecting and serving this community — to find out more about what was being considered by state leaders."

The police here have been wonderful. Protesters even chipped in for coffee for hundreds of madison and capitol police.

Why Walker would think for a minute the police wouldn't arrest and demand charges to walkers goons and thugs is beyond me. The capitol is also one of the only places in the state under total video surveillance (at all times, not just during protests). He just strikes me as woefully unfit for public office.

He can't buy everyones' integrity, just those around him.

did you see the economists real article? pathetic in its inaccuracies. wisconsin's prison guard are not california's.. wisconsin teachers are not massachusettes. they cherry pick high salaries and pretend it has anything to do with a state who's average income less than minnesota's

Wait, the MC5 was there? Wow..Kick out the Jams....! To the person who didn't care who the MC5 was. Well..they were punk before punk was punk, even before the Pistols, before Iggy, before..well..before anyone. Check out "Kick Out the Jams."

Edited by hylanddd

Didnt that bill pass today?

Proving my theory that protesting solves nothing in this country?

honest question: what do you think works then? also, still a little bit of time... :/

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/02/25/wisconsin_passes_anti_union_bill/index.html

GOP leaders in the Assembly refused to speak with reporters, but earlier Friday morning Majority Leader Scott Suder, R-Abbotsford, warned Democrats that they had been given 59 hours to be heard and Republicans were ready to vote.

The governor has said that if the bill does not pass by Friday, the state will miss a deadline to refinance $165 million of debt and will be forced to start issuing layoff notices next week. However, the deadline may not as strict as he says.

The nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau said earlier this week that the debt refinancing could be pushed back as late as Tuesday to achieve the savings Walker wants.

in the assembly. the senate dems are still out of the state preventing a quorum.

furthermore, walker can refinance. we got some bad bonds in the middle of the 2000s.

We can save $125-200 million that way.

honest question: what do you think works then? also, still a little bit of time... :/

Voting in years when Obama doesnt make it trendy?

I find it hard to believe that everyone in those rallies voted in November. Decisions are made by those that show up. Which is why I lol at democrats deciding not to show up.

Edited by Dub8dude

Voting in years when Obama doesnt make it trendy?

I find it hard to believe that everyone in those rallies voted in November. Decisions are made by those that show up. Which is why I lol at democrats deciding not to show up.

Yes and no. The unionists, etc. vote. The students only vote when its trendy. Madison and Milwaukee, the two non-labor democratic centers in wisconsin, are very young cities.

A significant portion of the protesters are middle class people with voters remorse.