Sign in to follow this  
taktak

Forced to debate LD

I have a tournament this weekend, my partner can't debate and my school wont let me go mavvy so im going to have to debate LD. 6 entrants are from my school, 2 from another. What should i run? i have no idea how to do LD, The resolution is In the United States, juveniles charged with violent felonies ought to be treated as adults in the criminal justice system.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry bro. This is not a chill situation. All I can say... spread the shit out of all them LD kids. Good luck.

You can PM me for cards and shit (I'm an LD'er), but the biggest thing about LD is judge adaptation is incredibly imporant for shitty local circuit debate. Ask LD'ers in your circuit if judging is traditional or progressive and make sure you adapt.

If your judge is an LD coach of a local debate team, run moderately interesting philosophy.

If they are a lazy college kid that doesn't want to be there and have not debated national circuit, run easy philsophy like straigh Util with a simple criterion

Unfortunately neither of these judges will comprehend K's, DA's CP's, Theory, or anything technical. Give really clear voting issues without sounding douchey. Something like "There are three questions you need to ask yourself when weighing the round. First, which criterion will you use to evaluate arguments. You are cleary looking to my standard for blah blah blah. Two, even if you use his criterion I am going to be upholding it better for blah blah blah" and so on.

If you have a judge with former experience in policy, do what thouest does best.

If you have a college judge who was an LD debater that doesn't seem like a douche, you can run moderately progressive strategies.

For in round strategies,

Aff on this resolution typically defends due process in the court room and Neg usually runs preventing crime and redivism by rehabilitating the juvenile, and also that juveniles are not morally culpable for punishment.

Edited by Colin