Sign in to follow this  
I_is_special

3 on T?

I'm wondering if it's possible to run a T on like 3 conjunctive words. For example T-Support UN PKOs would mean to provide troops for one of the 16 operations. The idea behind this is that no one has a block for a T on 3 words.

yea you can do that... atleast here you can... it would probably be pretty easy to find a card from the UN or something stating all three words together in one phrase too...

'Course you can do that. Heck, you can even use the fact that you define a whole phrase as a reason to prefer your definition.

term of art

The idea behind this is that no one has a block for a T on 3 words.

You basically run two T violations at the heart of it. A block against 1 of the 16 and a block against support=troops would cover all of the key arguments.

In fact, many negatives do run both of these, you're just running a card connecting them and running it as one T violation. The way that the affirmative interprets the phrase is through those individual definitions.

Sure, you gain a contextuality argument, but I'm sure they have literature discussing PKOs in their context as well. Besides, it's not enough of an argument to outweigh the standards debate.

I don't think there is a legitimate argument as to why you CAN'T define multiple words though. Especially when in the same speech any person making such an argument probably is reading a definition for "peacekeeping operations" in their next breath.

Shrug.

defining single words can lead to things like this

T: Operations

A: interpretation (merriam-webster) 8 : a single step performed by a computer in the execution of a program

B: violation :no computers!

Like, try overlimiting. Even with the different things you can do, all of it under that interpretation is going to be ONE case area: increase number of US troops in UN PKO's. Not to mention, many of the contextual definitions of peacekeeping operations stipulate that pkos are more than just military operations, so other things are needed too.

Ok, so the best way to answer this is to run 2 T blocks, right? So, for my example, they'd need a block on support=troops, and peacekeeping=one of 16. Is there any other way to win this? Because if they have to run 2 T blocks, the time suck'll be amazing.

I'm wondering if it's possible to run a T on like 3 conjunctive words. For example T-Support UN PKOs would mean to provide troops for one of the 16 operations. The idea behind this is that no one has a block for a T on 3 words.
this is entirely possible, but if your going to do it its a good idea to find a field contextual definition instead of individually defining words out of a dictionary.