Sign in to follow this  
SCBennett

Egypt

What do the latest developments in Egypt mean for the topic? Anyone got any good cards on it so far?

It means we don't mess with Egypt for a while. Let the pot simmer down. I bet we can find some Egyptian instability evidence now. Some sweet DA's for ME affirmatives.

Means nothing, besides better uniqueness for democracy spill-over on any democracy advantages (?). Not everything in the world is related to policy debate...

• Downvote 1

Means nothing, besides better uniqueness for democracy spill-over on any democracy advantages (?). Not everything in the world is related to policy debate...

You lie.

You aren't a real debater! plus this definitely does, it has to do with politics in the Middle East, US allies, and relations with all the countries around it.

Is there any way to pull a Turkey TNWs advantage from this because of Turkey-Egypt good relations? Like US-Turkey relations bad, removing TNWs solves, Turkey-Egypt relations good, US needs to help Egypt to prevent unrest?

The only problem is that advantage assumes that the US isn't already helping out Egypt with the transfer to a democratic government, which it is, and heavily.

Alright, I retract my earlier statement that it doesn't mean anything, but any evidence surrounding it isn't going to be a round winner, as it doesn't change US allies, or relations in the ME. The Military High Council, which is in charge, is extremely pro-U.S. If anything this probably strengthens our relationship with Egypt.

The only problem is that advantage assumes that the US isn't already helping out Egypt with the transfer to a democratic government, which it is, and heavily.

Alright, I retract my earlier statement that it doesn't mean anything, but any evidence surrounding it isn't going to be a round winner, as it doesn't change US allies, or relations in the ME. The Military High Council, which is in charge, is extremely pro-U.S. If anything this probably strengthens our relationship with Egypt.

Alright cool, and no personal attacks on you haha.

which means you make a focus DA saying Obama need to help reform the government, withdrawing pulls Obama's focus off of Egypt and power is up for grabs, anti US extremists take over and close the Suez cannal, destroys the econ and pulls america into war

every politix da is a lie

sxzqm.jpg

Edited by Red Spy

Sign in to follow this