...Hi...

New politics DA

I'm thinking about making a politics da for egypt. Something like Obama's political capitol is key to maintaning stability in egypt. Instability in egypt spreads throughout the middle east and instability causes nuclear war. It will probably get NUed pretty quick but it could be useful at up coming tournis and I doubt people will have blocked out for it. Who wants to help?

Good luck with that against anyone who has ever read a k. I'm pretty sure they may dispute that a people overthrowing their government that they disagree with is bad.

Good luck with that against anyone who has ever read a k. I'm pretty sure they may dispute that a people overthrowing their government that they disagree with is bad.

It might be "good" but it will still lead to instability in the region and maybe an even more unstable government

that might make sense if you can win that

a) obama has anything at all to do with Egypt (good luck with that, the white house has done nothing so far)

B) there aren't at least 5 other forces being exerted on Egypt (I'm sure that US influence won't make/break Egypt; a lot depends on what the Muslim Brotherhood does, what Mubarak and Suleiman's choices are, other diplomats, etc.)

c) that upholding the dictator is better than getting rid of him (since the US didn't stand up for him, he's now a big enemy rather than a big friend)

I'm thinking about making a politics da for egypt.

What you want to write is a called a focus disad. The story is that Obama needs to focus all his energy on Egypt, or whatever world event needs presidential attention this week. The political wrangling necessary to pass the aff's plan takes the president's focus off Egypt, so things don't go smoothly, and all hell breaks loose.

The story is very simple, and it always links. But since basically any policy unrelated to Egypt links, the DA has problems at the uniqueness level.

Have fun.

• Upvote 1

What you want to write is a called a focus disad. The story is that Obama needs to focus all his energy on Egypt, or whatever world event needs presidential attention this week. The political wrangling necessary to pass the aff's plan takes the president's focus off Egypt, so things don't go smoothly, and all hell breaks loose.

The story is very simple, and it always links. But since basically any policy unrelated to Egypt links, the DA has problems at the uniqueness level.

Have fun.

so like a political finite da?

isnt egypt trying to overthrow their goverment now? how can you prove uniqueness?

A good example of this is Cal Berkeley's Diplomatic Capital disad (or dipcap for short)

isnt egypt trying to overthrow their goverment now? how can you prove uniqueness?

that is the uniqueness....

so like a political finite da?

Well, a swing and a miss for terminology... But did you basically get the idea of the tix DA I just described?

The disad says the aff's plan will distract Obama from his dealings with Egypt. It's called a focus disad.

Edited by Tomak
  • Upvote 4

I'm thinking about making a politics da for egypt. Something like Obama's political capitol is key to maintaning stability in egypt. Instability in egypt spreads throughout the middle east and instability causes nuclear war. It will probably get NUed pretty quick but it could be useful at up coming tournis and I doubt people will have blocked out for it. Who wants to help?

Oh look.... when I made this post this idea was stupid..... NOW IT'S ON EVAZON!

• Upvote 1

I'm a novice, but wouldn't that idea work better with Lybia? Somthing like:

A: Lybian leader won't get overthrown b/c of Obama's focus

B: w/d kills Obama's focus on Lybia

C: Lybia k2 middle east stability, and extinction.

This might be easier to cut than a Egypt DA because the revolution has already happened and Egypt's leader is gone. That might make timeframe easier; I don't know, correct me if I am wrong.

The US and NATO are attacking Qaddafi's forces as we speak. They deny that they are targeting Qaddafi, but it's likely that they will turn to that if he doesn't step down soon.

With a full fledged military assault through NATO on Libya's military, I doubt that withdrawing troops from any/all topic countries will harm our efforts against Libya.

A smart debater would probably argue that the withdrawn troops would be sent into Libya, leading to Qaddafi falling faster.

• Upvote 2

C: Lybia k2 middle east stability, and extinction.

This might be easier to cut than a Egypt DA because the revolution has already happened and Egypt's leader is gone. That might make timeframe easier; I don't know, correct me if I am wrong.

What your talking about is diplomatic capital (dipcap for short). Cal Berkley put out a file this summer that had was based on another scenario, but was similiar.

It's usually something pretty close to:

A. Obama is focusing on libya

B. Plan kills focus/dipcap for obama

C. Dipcap key to solving X in libya

D. k2 X impact

The cal file is probably where your best starting.

• Upvote 1

The US and NATO are attacking Qaddafi's forces as we speak. They deny that they are targeting Qaddafi, but it's likely that they will turn to that if he doesn't step down soon.

Whoops. I meant Lybia's leader WILL get overthrown in the status quo. Your other point is valid, though.

What your talking about is diplomatic capital (dipcap for short). Cal Berkley put out a file this summer that had was based on another scenario, but was similiar.

It's usually something pretty close to:

A. Obama is focusing on libya

B. Plan kills focus/dipcap for obama

C. Dipcap key to solving X in libya

D. k2 X impact

The cal file is probably where your best starting.

Cool thanks. This might work for a nice politics DA for Junior High Nats.

Whoops. I meant Lybia's leader WILL get overthrown in the status quo. Your other point is valid, though.

ok dude stop spelling Libya wrong once is understandable but you keep doing it

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

...then un-bump it. ;)

obamafacepalm.jpg

This requires so much facepalm that Obama took time from negotiating the budget deal just to do it. And for that you should be sad.

• Upvote 5

obamafacepalm.jpg

This requires so much facepalm that Obama took time from negotiating the budget deal just to do it. And for that you should be sad.

omg guise i just got ANOThER new idea for a politics da

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3