The debate gnome

coin or japan bmd?

Which case do yall think would work better? How exactly does a COIN case work?

If you don't come from a large school/ have a extremely high work ethic, I would suggest reading BMDs because of the card level of the debate that is necessary when reading COIN.

If you don't come from a large school/ have a extremely high work ethic, I would suggest reading BMDs because of the card level of the debate that is necessary when reading COIN.

I don't think that's necessarily fair. COIN is a big aff but it has a lot of build in answers and a lot of what is read against it is pretty standard.

I don't think that's necessarily fair. COIN is a big aff but it has a lot of build in answers and a lot of what is read against it is pretty standard.

yes, but if you don't have the newest ev describing why we're losing the war and answers to the new neg CPs (and even in some cases, DAs [india DA, minerals DA]) that come out every tournament then you will not be as successful as you would be if you were reading another aff

• Downvote 1

I agree with the above posters that COIN would be difficult for someone from a small school.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of BMD's either because they probably are not topical.

^DISCLAIMER: I don't know if all teams run it the same way. The team I debated on it was from New Trier and the plan text was something like:

The USfg should end its military presence in Japan for research, development and deployment of ballistic missile defense.

However you find are good at topicality and ready to roll that's what I'd choose out of those two.

If I were you though, I'd take a look at some other affs like TNW, Okinawa, PMC...

I'm not a fan of BMD's either because they probably are not topical.

If I were you though, I'd take a look at some other affs like TNW, Okinawa, PMC...