Sign in to follow this  
egold

[DEAD] [M] Round 349: [MILITARY] egold (aff) vs. CRusso (neg)

Eli did you really tag the thread as "amazing egold vdebate"...?

Anyways, I'll judge. Paradigm:

I vote neg.

Eli did you really tag the thread as "amazing egold vdebate"...?

Anyways, I'll judge. Paradigm:

I vote neg.

Lol I couldn't think of tags... and there's no way in hell your judging but I still wub woo :3

Sorry for the dealy - busy day of sledding

1. Your evidence is all talking about how we've used Cold War methodology to justify colonizing South Korea. Aren't there other areas of the world that we have troops in that still use that same methodology?

2. Is there anyway your case is not topical? Otherwise I'll just run a-spec

3. Wouldn't the fact that the North recently shelled the South be an indicator that the threats of NOKO are real?

4. So is war inevitable post plan?

5. So the fact that 90% of NKs population lives in poverty, Kim Jong Il has been testing nuclear missles, he runs his country like a concentration camp, and doesn't allow any interaction with the outside world, those are all threat construction?

6. NK closes off their borders to everything. Isn't it possible there are other reasons negotiations won't work besides threat construction.

7. Your Cummings evidence talks about a global holocaust. Isn't this part of the same security rhetoric you criticize?

8. What is the role of the ballot?

9. Are you claiming to solve security rhetoric surrounding East Asia or the Cold War imperialism present there?

10. How does solving tensions with NOKO solve our imperialist presence there, will NOKO perceive the 1AC?

Cool aff btw, I run one similar with PMCs/

Edited by CRusso

i will judge. paradigm as followed

Case-do your thing

DA- pretty simple if it comes down to it they have to o/w or turn

CP- sounds good but 2-3 prolly max on condo

Theory- all good just explain why its a voter

Ks- not alot of lit knowledge just explain

GAMES PLAYER

just do your thing

Sorry for the dealy - busy day of sledding

1. Your evidence is all talking about how we've used Cold War methodology to justify colonizing South Korea. Aren't there other areas of the world that we have troops in that still use that same methodology?

Sure but we'll defend that breaking down Cold War conceptions of North Korea are key in this instance and that this will help disillusion our "realist" worldview.

We're topical. A-spec is stupid.

3. Wouldn't the fact that the North recently shelled the South be an indicator that the threats of NOKO are real?

No it's only evidence that the constant threat of our troops stationed in South Korea causes North Korea to lash out. If you were the leader of a country and had an army from the most powerful country in the world on your doorstep what would you do?

4. So is war inevitable post plan?

War is always inevitable but I guess I'll defend that we greatly reduce the risk of it because we stop looking to contorted Cold War paradigms and realist thought processes as a way of justifying violence.

5. So the fact that 90% of NKs population lives in poverty, Kim Jong Il has been testing nuclear missles, he runs his country like a concentration camp, and doesn't allow any interaction with the outside world, those are all threat construction?

These are all examples of threats constructed by the US. See my answer to number 3.

6. NK closes off their borders to everything. Isn't it possible there are other reasons negotiations won't work besides threat construction.

I don't see how this question is pertinent. We defend stopping this instance of threat construction which is key to breaking down Cold War conceptions of violence and hatred towards other countries which is then key to breaking down larger ideas of threat construction worldwide.

7. Your Cummings evidence talks about a global holocaust. Isn't this part of the same security rhetoric you criticize?

It's not like we're saying "holocaust we all die vote aff!" It's more along the lines of an impact to the idea of perpetuation of security discourse - a valid reason why those practices are bad.

8. What is the role of the ballot?

We don't specifically claim one as per the 1AC.

9. Are you claiming to solve security rhetoric surrounding East Asia or the Cold War imperialism present there?

I feel like I have answered this question many times above.

10. How does solving tensions with NOKO solve our imperialist presence there, will NOKO perceive the 1AC?

If we withdraw troops of course North Korea will perceive it. They have proven in the past that they perceive our presence by doing such things as only flying planes on days when it's cloudy in order to avoid detection by the US.

Cool aff btw, I run one similar with PMCs/

Yeah thanks lol... this isn't actually the aff I run but it's similar. Oh and by the way sorry for the late response I checked yesterday but cross-x was down and this was the first time I could get back on.

OK, so just one more question.

What does the Korean Peninsula look like post plan?

CX:

Do you believe that representations are a good way of evaluating impacts?

What is the link to the kritik?

How does rejection of the affirmative solve for more "securitized thought" than the 1AC?

Your Neocleous evidence talks about fighting for an alternative political language - what is the alternative political language that you propose and why is it better than that which exists in the 1AC?

What ground do you lose absent our actor identification?

Why are troops in South Korea good?

Why does withdrawal of troops in South Korea lead to Japanese proliferation?

CX:

Do you believe that representations are a good way of evaluating impacts?

It depends on the situation.

What is the link to the kritik?

Our Burke evidence talks about how despite the attempt to reject the threat construction that surrounds NOKO, the aff still uses the state to solve all mentality that is the root cause of the security mindset.

How does rejection of the affirmative solve for more "securitized thought" than the 1AC?

the 1NC#2 evidence talks about how the withdrawal of military forces from the Korean peninsula would create a new kind of enemy that is a threat to U.S. power and only by rejecting this form of IR as a whole can we solve.

Your Neocleous evidence talks about fighting for an alternative political language - what is the alternative political language that you propose and why is it better than that which exists in the 1AC?

The alt's political language is one that embraces insecurity in its entirety, not just in some areas and it's better than the 1ac because your mode of thought allows security mindset to continue rather our individual rejection of security altogether solves can solve.

What ground do you lose absent our actor identification?

Agent CPs and DAs.

Why are troops in South Korea good?

They keep Japan from proliferating which causes extinction.

Why does withdrawal of troops in South Korea lead to Japanese proliferation?

Japan would see the withdrawal from SOKO as a weakness to our overall commitment in the region and that we might withdraw from Japan soon. This would make them develop bombs for their own security.

"It depends on the situation."

Fair enough - Are reps good in THIS debate?

"Agent CPs and DAs."

Why can't your run Agent CPs and what DAs do you lose?

As soon as these are answered I can get the 2AC up in like an hour.

"

Fair enough - Are reps good in THIS debate?

In the context of the kritik, sure.[/b]

Why can't your run Agent CPs and what DAs do you lose?

I lose access to disads like Federalism, Courts and politics, and i can't run my agent cps because the aff can just say perm do both, we use the courts.

As soon as these are answered I can get the 2AC up in like an hour.

OK sweet.

One last question:

Can we take back things that we say? (i.e. I say I want to kill Obama in front of the police then get arrested for saying it can I say "oh I didn't mean for you to hear that"?)

I'll judge.

Paradigms:

I like creepy information about your opponent's parents.

Specifically Eli's.

I'll judge.

Paradigms:

I like creepy information about your opponent's parents.

Specifically Eli's.

Oh god...

Oh god...

;)

also

amazing question

One last question:

Can we take back things that we say? (i.e. I say I want to kill Obama in front of the police then get arrested for saying it can I say "oh I didn't mean for you to hear that"?)

It depends on the motivation for why we say it. If someones sticking a gun to my head and says say you'll kill Obama, the situation is drastically different from your example.

;)

also

amazing question

ZOMG You debate with Pouya! I'm cool as long as I get to talk about his mom in the block.

ZOMG You debate with Pouya! I'm cool as long as I get to talk about his mom in the block.

Pretty sure my paradigms stated that the only mom you can talk about is Eli's...