Sign in to follow this  
Unico

Most Successful Affs?

I think there was a thread like this last year, now that we're half way through the season, what do you guys think has been the most successful aff and why?

I think there was a thread like this last year, now that we're half way through the season, what do you guys think has been the most successful aff and why?

DUBs

DUBs

Really? You need to learn how to keep your mouth shut dude...

Untopical.

Very. K of T solves nicely...

Both of our affs have been pretty successful we run Afghanistan Interdiction and Deleuze and Guattari affirmative that we cut this year :D

-Teams with 4 or more bids-

Beacon DF: Pedagogical / Race critique of debate

Brother Rice CH: Korea

Carrollton DU: Japan Missile Defense

Chattahoochee DI: COIN

College Prep PY: COIN

Dallas Jesuit GoMc: w/draw Japan forces

Damien FG: Japan Marines

Edina SS: Korea

Georgetown Day HS: Okinawa (critical)

Georgetown Day KL: Okinawa (critical)

Glenbrook North PP: Turkey TNWs

Glenbrook South HJ: COIN

Greenhill BS: Japan marine bases

Greenhill PP: W/Draw Japan Marines

Gulliver Prep AT: Opium / CIA / Turkey Troops

Homewood Flossmoor GS: COIN

Kinkaid BB: Korea

Kinkaid DR: Korea

Lexington CS: COIN

Lexington EV: COIN

Mountain Brook MQ: Afghan PMCs

Oak Park HH: Critical Iraq / Afghan

Pembroke HV: Iraq (Critical)

St Marks BM: Korea

Westminster AT: COIN

Very. K of T solves nicely...

Because those really always work in front of good judges.

Seriously though, DUBs is not a good case. Either a) you go ethics style, in which case you will be hearing a lot of nuanced Ks (and framework depending on how far left you go), or B) you go straight-up in which case your advantages are "Iraqis get cancer."

Also DUBs aren't that bad really.

Because those really always work in front of good judges.

Seriously though, DUBs is not a good case. Either a) you go ethics style, in which case you will be hearing a lot of nuanced Ks (and framework depending on how far left you go), or B) you go straight-up in which case your advantages are "Iraqis get cancer."

Also DUBs aren't that bad really.

It depends on where you debate. I concede that K of T sucks a big one, but it's fun to call them a nazi while also calling them baby killers. It works with the lay rather well.

If you know your ethics, nuanced K's aren't that bad. Moreover, most teams go for the win on util plus a DA. It works every time I've hit it. Last off, even giving them the DA's and case stuff, you weigh it right, indict the nuclear war stuff, or argue probability or future deaths and what not. You don't have to worry about case side. Moreover, you're so blatantly untopical, most DA's don't have a link.

And who cares if they aren't bad, all that matters it you convince the judge they are. They lays eat it up. Seriously, how can you argue FOR shooting radioactive stuff at people.

Regardless, we have a winning record with it.

COIN has definitely been a popular aff this year, but it has lost probably just as much as it has won... i think it was a really strategic aff choice this year given the fact about how it was known over the summer that after it goes non unique you could just say coin good.

It depends on where you debate. I concede that K of T sucks a big one, but it's fun to call them a nazi while also calling them baby killers. It works with the lay rather well.

If you know your ethics, nuanced K's aren't that bad. Moreover, most teams go for the win on util plus a DA. It works every time I've hit it. Last off, even giving them the DA's and case stuff, you weigh it right, indict the nuclear war stuff, or argue probability or future deaths and what not. You don't have to worry about case side. Moreover, you're so blatantly untopical, most DA's don't have a link.

And who cares if they aren't bad, all that matters it you convince the judge they are. They lays eat it up. Seriously, how can you argue FOR shooting radioactive stuff at people.

Regardless, we have a winning record with it.

...where do you debate that calling people Nazis and "baby killers" is persuasive to people with no debate experience? Actually, I'll rephrase that.. Who judges you in any context that finds absurd ad-hominem attacks persuasive?

-Teams with 4 or more bids-

Beacon DF: Pedagogical / Race critique of debate

Brother Rice CH: Korea

Carrollton DU: Japan Missile Defense

Chattahoochee DI: COIN

College Prep PY: COIN

Dallas Jesuit GoMc: w/draw Japan forces

Damien FG: Japan Marines

Edina SS: Korea

Georgetown Day HS: Okinawa (critical)

Georgetown Day KL: Okinawa (critical)

Glenbrook North PP: Turkey TNWs

Glenbrook South HJ: COIN

Greenhill BS: Japan marine bases

Greenhill PP: W/Draw Japan Marines

Gulliver Prep AT: Opium / CIA / Turkey Troops

Homewood Flossmoor GS: COIN

Kinkaid BB: Korea

Kinkaid DR: Korea

Lexington CS: COIN

Lexington EV: COIN

Mountain Brook MQ: Afghan PMCs

Oak Park HH: Critical Iraq / Afghan

Pembroke HV: Iraq (Critical)

St Marks BM: Korea

Westminster AT: COIN

This is a very good list to base your affirmative choice on. Especially if you can find a team that video tapes their rounds and you can just listen to their rebuttals and how they structure their 2AC strategy.

Why are DUB's frowned upon?

How is it untopical? If you can run TNW's, then you can run DUB's because they're both weapons, right?

Where it differs is that an exception can be made for TNW's in turkey since they're what most of the lit about turkey revolves around, so even if on a broader scale it's abusive to the neg to have a weapons aff, the TNW's in turkey are like one in three aff's, which is obviously not abusive in terms of that country

Well lots of ppl do well with

COIN

But i think PMC's is the most solid in a policy framework, wins lots of debates

on Kritik type affs

Empire AFFs

or Security AFFs

have done fairly well

Projects, i havnt seen any in Kansas yet but thats relative to the team not the argument

I've seen Turkey securitization do really, really well with one of the teams at my school. There was only one team in our circuit that could beat it, sadly they hit that team many times in finals rounds.

PMC's. Doesn't link to major disads but still accesses heart of the topic Afghanistan advantages. And the literature is sided very positively in the affirmatives.

Sign in to follow this