mdawgig

Best of Kansas 2010-2011

Credibility/Commitment/Appeasement/Hegemony

hahaha!!

I'm too lazy to fill the whole thing out but I would like to say the following...

I am extremely proud to have debated all four years in Kansas! I have learned so much about so many things. People can say what they want about Kansas debate but I would not have wanted to debate anywhere else.

Despite the trash talking we all partake in during the season I'd say that we have an incredibly talented debate community. When you get the chance to debate people like Danny Richey, Mackenzie Oatman, Amanda Gress, Maggie Bernard, and so many others you know you are really lucky.

We are also fortunate to have such a good judging pool. I know we all complain about judges sometimes and trust me I am no exception, but we are so lucky to have parents, teachers, former debaters, college debaters, and coaches who are willing to listen to four kids debate real issues for over an hour. Thanks for every decision, even if it wasn't in my favor.

Congratulations to everyone for participating in another great year of Kansas debate!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

I'm too lazy to fill the whole thing out

^^^WEAK.

Best all around team (speed and open styles): Oatman/Richey

Best Squad: We never debated them, but Wichita East obviously had an amazing season.

Coach of the year: Dubois

Best speed-style team: Ciera and Reid

Best lay team: Sam and Allen. Although Julie Chang from BVNW is also ridiculous in that setting.

Best Affirmative Team: Oatman/Richey

Best Negative Team: Kenney/Towster

Prettiest Speaker: Eskilson, everything he says just sounds so believable.

Fastest Debater: Ideen, Frook, or Steffan from Buhler

Best 1A: Richey

Best 2A: Maggie, of course =]

Best 1N: Runge

Best 2N: Sam, and her cred da.

Most likely to do well next year in high school: The returning SME teams, Runge, Ami and Sierra from SMW, BVSW, and a pair of going-to-be junior girls from Emporia who I’m convinced will become fantastic.

Person most likely to graduate and judge: Prochazka

Best Judge: Andrew Jack, or either of the Kennedys.

Most under-rated team: Garden City Bilberry/Diaz, plus the SME sophomores- 2nd at KCKCC’s incredible

Best K debater: Kenney

Best Politics Debater: I think the best 2NC I heard was BVW’s Mattal, at NFL

Most likely to be NDT champion: Of all the seniors, I think Ciera’s the most likely to get hooked on college debate

Best way to carry tubs: Excessively huge dolly.

Best place to eat at the tournament: KCKCC, it was free. The Topeka Olive Garden’s a close second.

Nicest debater to chat with outside of rounds: I don’t think I can pick a favorite, is it too cheesy to just say everyone?

Best transportation to the tournament: Maggie’s Buick, before some idiot ran a stop sign on the way to our practice round

Best storage for evidence: stacked on top of the tubs

Best evidence: Devore 11/23- Korean withdrawal = strategic flexibility

Best argument: Chinese expansionism

Best aff: JMEs, before that island thing

Best excuse for losing a round: needed more lay practice rounds…

Best pen: orange G2s

Best medium for flowing: the light blue legal paper

Best tournament for between-rounds hanging out: DCI or state, since the breaks between rounds were so long

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I definitely agree with everything Reid said; the seniors he mentioned def have potential to be one of those kids who breaks out of the devastating constraints of the nightmare that is high school debate in Kansas and blow it up in college, and the underclass-men are kids who I’m confident can continue to rep Kansas well outside our state.

The three SME teams that went to the Iowa tournaments with us probably need to enter into the discussion though. All juniors and as far as I know debating at national tournaments for the first time, they had a pretty good showing this year. Breaking at least one team at each of the tournaments, I fully expect SME debate to dom next year. You heard it here first, yall!

Of course I gotta rep my school a little. Our sophomore class had one of the most impressive seasons. We had one of only two sophomore-sophomore teams to qual to DCI. Another sophomore-sophomore team was 17th seed at 6A 2 speaker. Two teams with sophomores on them broke at KCK this year. I’d venture to say the sophomore class was the most successful one at BVN this year; everyone should be excited/scared of what they’re going to do the next two years.

To the underclass-men, the person I look up to most in my life gave me some much needed encouragement this weekend- it gets better. Stick it out, pay your dues and you’ll be rewarded in the end.

While I’m thoroughly relieved I never have to debate at another tournament in the state of Kansas again, I can’t wait to judge and coach next year!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I definitely agree with everything Reid said; the seniors he mentioned def have potential to be one of those kids who breaks out of the devastating constraints of the nightmare that is high school debate in Kansas and blow it up in college, and the underclass-men are kids who I’m confident can continue to rep Kansas well outside our state.

The three SME teams that went to the Iowa tournaments with us probably need to enter into the discussion though. All juniors and as far as I know debating at national tournaments for the first time, they had a pretty good showing this year. Breaking at least one team at each of the tournaments, I fully expect SME debate to dom next year. You heard it here first, yall!

Of course I gotta rep my school a little. Our sophomore class had one of the most impressive seasons. We had one of only two sophomore-sophomore teams to qual to DCI. Another sophomore-sophomore team was 17th seed at 6A 2 speaker. Two teams with sophomores on them broke at KCK this year. I’d venture to say the sophomore class was the most successful one at BVN this year; everyone should be excited/scared of what they’re going to do the next two years.

To the underclass-men, the person I look up to most in my life gave me some much needed encouragement this weekend- it gets better. Stick it out, pay your dues and you’ll be rewarded in the end.

While I’m thoroughly relieved I never have to debate at another tournament in the state of Kansas again, I can’t wait to judge and coach next year!

Preach.

Also, depending upon where I end up getting into college, I, too, may be judging at just about every tournament I can next year. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all of these sophomores that really impressed this year will do their junior and senior years.

I fully expect SME debate to dom next year. You heard it here first, yall!

And the Yankees might have a good baseball team too. Gold is a good investment, and the sun will come up tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Preach.

What were you expecting from her? A manifesto on how much she loves debating in front of mothers. Baby steps michael. Baby steps.

I thought I would add a couple pieces of advice for next years debaters, and while I think most of this is obvious I figure why not. I suggest some other seniors do this. These are the 20 things I feel like a lot of debaters need to do.

1. Learn to Flow - This sounds really simple and really self-evident but the number of teams who can't actually flow is astounding. I believe that you will go at least even at most tournaments if you can flow. Most high school debates are incredibly lopsided because of concessions and this is usually based on a lack of flowing. There is no excuse to concede No Value to Life.... Circle this sort of stuff and beat teams that are one trick ponies.

2. 1ARs should shadow flow - The number of 1As who waste time flowing the block is ridiculous. If you are taking more than a minute of prep for the 1AR I feel like you are really screwing over the 2A. Shadow flowing not only will make your speeches sound better because you compartmentalize debates but you probably won't concede things because when you hear No Value to life you will write down - Existence Precedes Essence (Insert Schell).

3. Write Blocks - If there is a generic you read every round you should be prepped to answer most common arguments against it by just reading blocks. While I think block dependency is bad, it saves prep time and increases speaks and wins. This is especially true of the 2A.

4. Sign Post in the 2AC - An easy way to make your speaks increase is by organizing the case debate in the 2AC well. What I mean by this is say 1NC 1: No Impact - then answer it. It makes it incredibly easy to flow and more likely your judge understands what your saying.

5. Don't Read Cards for the Sake of Reading Cards - I was watching an Octos round at state where in the 2AC on a PMCs regulations counterplan the 2A read like 9 cards about why regulations fail. The tags to all of them were just like Regs Fail. This was a ridiculous waste of time. No one in the room knew why he was doing it because there was no explanation of diversity. This is partially poor tagging, but more just bad time allocation. Make sure if you are reading cards there is a reason for it.

6. Impact Out Arguments - This is BY FAR the most important thing you should get from this post. I have not debated a single team in Kansas this year that has done this. It is not enough in the 2AR to be like They Concede No Value to Life - Zizek and Daly say capitalisms profit over people mentality robs us of our value to life because A) that doesn't make sense and B) there is no explanation of the significance of this to the ballot. If you aren't impacting out arguments you deserve a 27.

7. Have a Purpose in Cross-x - A lot of debaters seem to just get up in cross-x and ask a bunch of open ended questions like, "What does your K say?" This is bad for a couple reasons, but most notably because the 1N will most likely just keep waxing poetic for 3 minutes about the K allowing the judge to get a real clear picture of their argument. Think about it, if you don't get an argument chances are the judge definitely doesn't. Try to set up arguments like competition for counterplans.

8. Don't Steal Prep - This doesn't need an explanation....The clock starts when cross-x ends.

9. Don't Clip Cards - I feel like a bunch of people don't realize this is cheating but it is. If you are not marking cards while you are debating. You are commiting an ethics violation.

10. Don't Read ahead on the viewing computer - I understand a lot of you do not understand paperless debate but this is also cheating and you should lose because of it. You ARE NOT allowed to read ahead on the computer from where the speaker is. I noticed some very "famous" Kansas debaters did this. One round at NFL that I lost in front of some parents a team did this and did not listen to my speech just went from arg to arg. That is unacceptable.

11. Open Cross-X isn't Cool - I am definitely hypocritical on this, but in general you shouldn't answer your partners questions. If the person being cross-x'd doesn't know the answer to a question he or she should defer it to the partner.

12. Go for 1 strategy in the 2NR - It is not okay to go for 3 DAs and Case. It is not okay to go for T and Case Defense. Crystallize.

13. Don't become dependent on one style of arguments - I know my sophmore year I was only competent on two arguments - Heidegger and Investor Con. This was a bad call. I remember seeing a round this year where that William Ashley dude realized the team he was debating was incompetent at going for anything but T and Ptx so he forced them to go for the K.... He won. Learn to go for a diversity of arguments.

14. Disclose. It makes better debates. And for the person who wrote this on my ballot, No it doesn't make me incompetent for consulting my coaches about my neg strat after getting a plan text, it makes me smart.

15. Use embedded clash in the 1AR - It is not okay for a 1A to say They Say Turkey is already a mediator but their wrong - extend whatever.

16. Become Efficient - This is my best quality as a debater. Being fast does not mean anything. A debater who doesn't use stupid phrases like "no unique reason" "at the point that" "in a world that" "they stone cold concede this" "pull the trigger on this" will own you.

17. Do evidence comparison - A lot of people don't seem to understand what this means. Don't be like there evidence is really old as an independent argument because that not only doesn't mean anything to anyone, but it also isn't an argument it is a claim. I feel like after a uniqueness debate or something you should say - prefer it - more recent, only our evidence assumes browns elections - best filter for probability

18. Do Speed Drills - These not only make you faster but make you sound better.

19. Clarity Over Speed - If you are unclear no one wants to watch you debate. Its obnoxious.

20. Finally, go to every case flow in the 1NC - you cannot let an impact go conceded, and you especially cannot allow an entire advantage to go conceded.

I hope that some of you find this interesting

- Reid

• Downvote 1

What were you expecting from her? A manifesto on how much she loves debating in front of mothers. Baby steps michael. Baby steps.

I thought I would add a couple pieces of advice for next years debaters, and while I think most of this is obvious I figure why not. I suggest some other seniors do this. These are the 20 things I feel like a lot of debaters need to do.

1. Learn to Flow - This sounds really simple and really self-evident but the number of teams who can't actually flow is astounding. I believe that you will go at least even at most tournaments if you can flow. Most high school debates are incredibly lopsided because of concessions and this is usually based on a lack of flowing. There is no excuse to concede No Value to Life.... Circle this sort of stuff and beat teams that are one trick ponies.

2. 1ARs should shadow flow - The number of 1As who waste time flowing the block is ridiculous. If you are taking more than a minute of prep for the 1AR I feel like you are really screwing over the 2A. Shadow flowing not only will make your speeches sound better because you compartmentalize debates but you probably won't concede things because when you hear No Value to life you will write down - Existence Precedes Essence (Insert Schell).

3. Write Blocks - If there is a generic you read every round you should be prepped to answer most common arguments against it by just reading blocks. While I think block dependency is bad, it saves prep time and increases speaks and wins. This is especially true of the 2A.

4. Sign Post in the 2AC - An easy way to make your speaks increase is by organizing the case debate in the 2AC well. What I mean by this is say 1NC 1: No Impact - then answer it. It makes it incredibly easy to flow and more likely your judge understands what your saying.

5. Don't Read Cards for the Sake of Reading Cards - I was watching an Octos round at state where in the 2AC on a PMCs regulations counterplan the 2A read like 9 cards about why regulations fail. The tags to all of them were just like Regs Fail. This was a ridiculous waste of time. No one in the room knew why he was doing it because there was no explanation of diversity. This is partially poor tagging, but more just bad time allocation. Make sure if you are reading cards there is a reason for it.

6. Impact Out Arguments - This is BY FAR the most important thing you should get from this post. I have not debated a single team in Kansas this year that has done this. It is not enough in the 2AR to be like They Concede No Value to Life - Zizek and Daly say capitalisms profit over people mentality robs us of our value to life because A) that doesn't make sense and B) there is no explanation of the significance of this to the ballot. If you aren't impacting out arguments you deserve a 27.

7. Have a Purpose in Cross-x - A lot of debaters seem to just get up in cross-x and ask a bunch of open ended questions like, "What does your K say?" This is bad for a couple reasons, but most notably because the 1N will most likely just keep waxing poetic for 3 minutes about the K allowing the judge to get a real clear picture of their argument. Think about it, if you don't get an argument chances are the judge definitely doesn't. Try to set up arguments like competition for counterplans.

8. Don't Steal Prep - This doesn't need an explanation....The clock starts when cross-x ends.

9. Don't Clip Cards - I feel like a bunch of people don't realize this is cheating but it is. If you are not marking cards while you are debating. You are commiting an ethics violation.

10. Don't Read ahead on the viewing computer - I understand a lot of you do not understand paperless debate but this is also cheating and you should lose because of it. You ARE NOT allowed to read ahead on the computer from where the speaker is. I noticed some very "famous" Kansas debaters did this. One round at NFL that I lost in front of some parents a team did this and did not listen to my speech just went from arg to arg. That is unacceptable.

11. Open Cross-X isn't Cool - I am definitely hypocritical on this, but in general you shouldn't answer your partners questions. If the person being cross-x'd doesn't know the answer to a question he or she should defer it to the partner.

12. Go for 1 strategy in the 2NR - It is not okay to go for 3 DAs and Case. It is not okay to go for T and Case Defense. Crystallize.

13. Don't become dependent on one style of arguments - I know my sophmore year I was only competent on two arguments - Heidegger and Investor Con. This was a bad call. I remember seeing a round this year where that William Ashley dude realized the team he was debating was incompetent at going for anything but T and Ptx so he forced them to go for the K.... He won. Learn to go for a diversity of arguments.

14. Disclose. It makes better debates. And for the person who wrote this on my ballot, No it doesn't make me incompetent for consulting my coaches about my neg strat after getting a plan text, it makes me smart.

15. Use embedded clash in the 1AR - It is not okay for a 1A to say They Say Turkey is already a mediator but their wrong - extend whatever.

16. Become Efficient - This is my best quality as a debater. Being fast does not mean anything. A debater who doesn't use stupid phrases like "no unique reason" "at the point that" "in a world that" "they stone cold concede this" "pull the trigger on this" will own you.

17. Do evidence comparison - A lot of people don't seem to understand what this means. Don't be like there evidence is really old as an independent argument because that not only doesn't mean anything to anyone, but it also isn't an argument it is a claim. I feel like after a uniqueness debate or something you should say - prefer it - more recent, only our evidence assumes browns elections - best filter for probability

18. Do Speed Drills - These not only make you faster but make you sound better.

19. Clarity Over Speed - If you are unclear no one wants to watch you debate. Its obnoxious.

20. Finally, go to every case flow in the 1NC - you cannot let an impact go conceded, and you especially cannot allow an entire advantage to go conceded.

I hope that some of you find this interesting

- Reid

Thanks for you vast knowledge on the subject of debate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Best all around team (speed and open styles): Orsi/Redler

Best Squad: BVW, SME, or WE

Coach of the year: Kapfer (although I think everyone is going to say their coach)

Best speed-style team: Foreman/Waldman

Best lay team: Bernard/Gress, Nichols/Xu

Best Affirmative Team: Bernard/Gress

Best Negative Team:

Prettiest Speaker: Gress

Fastest Debater: Nichols

Best 1A: Nichols/Gress

Best 2A: Richey

Best 1N: Ashley

Best 2N: Waldman

Most likely to do well next year in high school: BVW BS, SME CH, SME KT

Person most likely to graduate and judge: Cierra

Best Judge:

Most under-rated team:

Best K debater: SME is good, WaRu too

Best Politics Debater: Carey or Richey

Most likely to be NDT champion: Nichols

Best way to carry tubs: Magnacart

Best place to eat at the tournament: Anywhere but the golden corral

Nicest debater to chat with outside of rounds: everyone is pretty nice

Best bathrooms to change back to street clothes in: who does that?

Best transportation to the tournament: Anything with Mark Kafper

Best storage for evidence: Computer.... as long as you don't almost get disqualified

Best evidence:

Best argument: Rider ptix with delay cp

Best aff: TNWs (especially post START)

Best excuse for losing a round: it was a lay round

Best pen: g2

Best medium for flowing: computer

Best tournament for between-rounds hanging out:

Edited by Habler
  • Downvote 1

I was saying I agree with her... I think we're having a violent agreement.

• Downvote 1

Best all around team (speed and open styles): Orsi/Redler

Best Squad: The ONW Novices

Coach of the year: All of them

Best speed-style team: Waldman/Foreman

Best lay team: Nichols

Best Affirmative Team: Silvernail/Kist

Best Negative Team: Orsi/Redler

Prettiest Speaker: Me

Fastest Debater: Guy from STA whose name escapes me

Best 1A: ?

Best 2A: ?

Best 1N: ?

Best 2N: ?

Most likely to do well next year in high school: ?

Person most likely to graduate and judge: ?

Best Judge: Volen

Most under-rated team: ?

Best K debater: Mays

Best Politics Debater: Wait, people ran politics on this topic?

Most likely to be NDT champion: ?

Best way to carry tubs: With strength

Best place to eat at the tournament: Pizza Hut in the cafeteria

Nicest debater to chat with outside of rounds: I sit in the corner by myself.

Best bathrooms to change back to street clothes in: Family bathrooms

Best transportation to the tournament: Vans

Best storage for evidence: Backpack

Best evidence: Tetlock 05

Best argument: Aff tells lay judge to "just forget about" T arg they dropped....and wins.

Best aff: Animal Soldiers

Best excuse for losing a round: My judge was a PMC for 25 years and didn't appreciate being accused of HR violations.

Best pen: Green G2 (.38 mm)

Best medium for flowing: Light blue legal paper

Best tournament for between-rounds hanging out: EKNFL

Nope. Leave it.

I like these threads because the graduating seniors leave us something to remember them by. They provide a standard for younger debaters to look at, and an opportunity for them to think about the sort of people they could turn into by the time they themselves graduate.

Don't change a thing. Everybody here is representing themselves exactly the way they ought to be remembered.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hahaha!!

I'm too lazy to fill the whole thing out but I would like to say the following...

I am extremely proud to have debated all four years in Kansas! I have learned so much about so many things. People can say what they want about Kansas debate but I would not have wanted to debate anywhere else.

Despite the trash talking we all partake in during the season I'd say that we have an incredibly talented debate community. When you get the chance to debate people like Danny Richey, Mackenzie Oatman, Amanda Gress, Maggie Bernard, and so many others you know you are really lucky.

We are also fortunate to have such a good judging pool. I know we all complain about judges sometimes and trust me I am no exception, but we are so lucky to have parents, teachers, former debaters, college debaters, and coaches who are willing to listen to four kids debate real issues for over an hour. Thanks for every decision, even if it wasn't in my favor.

Congratulations to everyone for participating in another great year of Kansas debate!!

Samantha Nichols, I have never met you but you are a class act. Your coach and squad are most likely aware of this fact, but they should be very proud of you. An attitude such as yours is very rare on these boards and is increasingly rare within our debate community.

It is difficult to see the true value of debate in any form when you are still within the activity. I have only been out of high school for a few years and my commitment now is only limited to judging 4 or 5 tournaments a year, but I am certain that I will never again meet a more interesting and admirable group of people.

We are blessed with not only amazing coaches in Kansas, but some of the best educators as well. Most are sarcastic "jerks," but the level of commitment they show and levelheadedness amongst the most egotistical (come on, it's true) group of high school students is second to none.

While there is indeed trash-talking amongst the students, you will never see a group of your peers operate with such professional and pleasant decorum any other time in your life. The overall atmosphere of tournaments and seeing people who you are hanging out with one minute and next trying to tear apart viciously in a debate round will never be rivaled again.

And, of course, the judging community is IMPECCABLE. I am always more than happy to judge rounds even though it means missing work/money or time that I would've spent relaxing in my hectic schedule. The reason being is that I remember all that was given to me educationally in debate and the time sacrifice of so so many to make sure there was a tournament organized to run on time or my coach staying a million hours after school just so we could fit in one more practice round.

The system of debate and its value is absolutely impossible to accurately quantify. The skills you have learned can not be taught as thoroughly or as quickly any other way. However, the people you have met and the lessons you have taken from the amazing personalities that fill the debate community are impossible to find in any other activity.

For those of you still in the activity, take an extra second to say thanks to your coaches or at least appreciate all they do for you as your coach, educator, and mentor. You can hate how our state isn't more "champ" or that you have a ton of lay judges, but at the end of the day you are able to take advantage of these amazing opportunities that are not available any other way at such a young age (or maybe ever.)

So stop bitching about laptops and the space topic and have fun, damnit.

• Downvote 1

Addison Schile - This guy has the material to be incredible at debate. While some of his tech is lagging, the quality of the arguments he makes is fantastic.

lulz

What does that even mean?

lulz

This. I thought this too, but I was like "I'm gonna let Reid be Reid and let someone else take this bullet," but now, it's just sort of grating.

• Downvote 1

lulz

It means he isn't a card monkey Chris. The dude knows how to articulate smart arguments. I've noticed a lot of "champ" debaters in Kansas predicate there skill off reading weird shit and being really fast. While I guess thats cool cause debates ultimate goal is to win it catches up with debaters at higher levels.

So basically, while like most juniors he doesn't have all his debate tech mastered, he has the propensity to tool all of you next year if he gets it figured out.

Edited by TheSteveWoodExperience
  • Downvote 2

he has the propensity to tool all of you next year if he gets it figured out.

As this was directed towards me I feel like I have the right to rebut

Last time I was and will ever be "tooled" in debate was sophomore year at hutch when i was told by a coach that I was an embarrassment to my squad. I don't rely on speed or weird arguments to win rounds and if you'll remember, the last time we debated you went for a pic out of the word Japan. I'm not trying to come across as a jerk and I'm definitely not trying to make a statement about anyone but myself, but at the same time I know I've worked hard enough to avoid being "tooled."

fun fact: propensity (n) - a natural inclination or tendency

Also, if this came across as me trying to call out Reid or express doubt over his previous comments then it is a failure on my part. I think his original post was insightful and fairly accurate.

• Downvote 1

As this was directed towards me I feel like I have the right to rebut

Last time I was and will ever be "tooled" in debate was sophomore year at hutch when i was told by a coach that I was an embarrassment to my squad. I don't rely on speed or weird arguments to win rounds and if you'll remember, the last time we debated you went for a pic out of the word Japan. I'm not trying to come across as a jerk and I'm definitely not trying to make a statement about anyone but myself, but at the same time I know I've worked hard enough to avoid being "tooled."

fun fact: propensity (n) - a natural inclination or tendency

Also, if this came across as me trying to call out Reid or express doubt over his previous comments then it is a failure on my part. I think his original post was insightful and fairly accurate.

Dude, that wasn't directed at you. I have the utmost respect for you and Chris. I think you both will make fabulous debaters next year. I am really sorry if it came off as though I was belittling either of your debate skills. I just think that it is wrong to not give respect to Addison.

I would say a good example of this sort of lame style of debate would be myself as a sophomore. Jimmy and I were mediocre at best when it came to debate technique so we both decided we would win rounds by reading the Heidegger K that Sean Kennedy wrote at KU. While we won more rounds that year than probably anyone but Dean/Nichols it came at the expense of not improving at debate.

My point was simply that the debaters that I believe have the ability to improve are those that have the basics of making arguments down.

In all honesty if I made a list of the 5 debaters most likely to succeed next year both you and Chris would make the list.

If my tone came off as rude, it was solely because I was disheartened by Chris's seeming bewilderment at the inclusion of Addison.

• Downvote 2

Nope. Leave it.

I like these threads because the graduating seniors leave us something to remember them by. They provide a standard for younger debaters to look at, and an opportunity for them to think about the sort of people they could turn into by the time they themselves graduate.

Don't change a thing. Everybody here is representing themselves exactly the way they ought to be remembered.

hahaha. request rescinded.

Best all around team (speed and open styles):SME kennedy/murphy

Best Squad: SME

Coach of the year: TWITTER

Best speed-style team: THE BEARDED WONDER

Best lay team: I hear kennedy is working on his sick lay rebuts

Best Affirmative Team: the inspiration(kennedy)

Best Negative Team: michael (the legacy) kennedy

Prettiest Speaker: BLT

Fastest Debater: THE TOC KENNEDY

Best 1A:michael

Best 2A:michael

Best 1N:michael

Best 2N:CAREY t bases FT DUBS

Most likely to do well next year in high school: Michael(the lone bandido) kennedy

Person most likely to graduate and judge: P Bautz

Best Judge: CECIL EDWARD WITT

Most under-rated team: eden

Best K debater: WILLIAM JOSEPH kenney the 8th

Best Politics Debater: SME carey hill

Most likely to be NDT champion: KEN-A-DOUCHE(THE LEGACY)

Best way to carry tubs: WAGONzzzzz

Best place to eat at the tournament: GOLDAN CORRAL! Food poisoning FTWs!!

Nicest debater to chat with outside of round: the lone toc biddy kennedy

Best bathrooms to change back to street clothes in: I wear a suit al day erryday

Best transportation to the tournament: on MICHAEL (toc biddy) kennedy

Best storage for evidence: inside (the legacy)’s partner

Best evidence: zehra 08 hr impact HR!!!!!!

Best argument: kennedy with his sick colon grammar pics

Best aff: LIEING BAD

Best excuse for losing a round: I lost to the “stache”

Best pen: any feather that is dipped in ink

Best medium for flowing: parchment

Best tournament for between-rounds hanging out: chillin with twit at SMEAST

• Downvote 3

Reading the above post is the equivalent of having a seizure while watching Desperate Housewives: you're just digging a deeper hole of fail.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Best all around team (speed and open styles):SME kennedy/murphy

???I didn't think we debated together?, but best PFD team?

Best speed-style team: THE BEARDED WONDER

Haha...I didn't even have the beard for most debate tournaments

Best lay team: I hear kennedy is working on his sick lay rebuts

.....Yea that's what I usually work on

Best Affirmative Team: the inspiration(kennedy)

That is a new nickname thanks for that...

Best Negative Team: michael (the legacy) kennedy

I didn't know I go maverick

Best 1A:michael(Kennedy?)

Best 2A:michael(Hill?)

Best 1N:michael(Hill?)

Which Michael is which on your post?

Best transportation to the tournament: on MICHAEL (toc biddy) kennedy

I actually don't have a car....I'm open next year for anyone needing rides!

Best storage for evidence: inside (the legacy)’s partner

Agreed, it's so much easier for us to get around with our evidence inside Eden

Best evidence: zehra 08 hr impact HR!!!!!!

That South Korea case was so good

Best argument: kennedy with his sick colon grammar pics

Best aff: LIEING BAD

Yep...it was or Global Withdrawal

Best excuse for losing a round: I lost to the “stache”

Is it sad someone actually voted on us for this?

Nice nicknames Liam. From your post can I assume I'm the best of Kansas?:P

Edited by the lone bandido
  • Downvote 1

Reading the above post is the equivalent of having a seizure while watching Desperate Housewives: you're just digging a deeper hole of fail.

win. that is all

• Downvote 1