Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

Cross-X Lab

Instead of making this just for the summer, would anyone be interested in expanding this to the rest of the year?

I think

a) that would help a lot of people out

B) even though not everyone will run the same aff - negs can still be prepped (which is good for a) generics DAs & CPs, B) Kritiks, c) Case negs, d) Topicality files, etc)

More of a CX "squad" instead of a "lab" - I guess.

• Downvote 1

since I have stuff going for most of June, the expansion would be good for me at least because then i could do the same amount of work so that June doesn't set me back too much.

I like this idea, so I'm in. My only concern is that this will end up like last year's Cross-x group, which even when we basically weeded out the non-contributors by creating a specific group for a kritikal aff, it still just died out.

Is there room for someone doing a low-level contribution? I'm not actually doing CX right now, and I'm going to be extremely busy over the summer, but I like cutting cards and I love the topic. It would be pretty silly to cut cards outside the context of an actual argument that someone was going to use, so I'd like to have something productive accomplish for five to ten hours a week.

I'm in.

I'm pretty much up for any arguments, once we get the googledocs group up we should have some sort of sign up process I would think.

I have a group set up if people want to use it.

If you want to post emails i'll invite ya?

Yes please, thank you.

khalilzad95 [at] gmail [dot] com

also, I'm up for the squad thing

Edited by Chaos
  • Downvote 1

You should probably leave me off this list, I'll be away most of the summer with camps (debate and otherwise) and service projects so I won't be able to make much of a contribution.

Are novices allowed? (Going to JV/Varsity next year)

It's up to the others but I vote no.

I doubt that a novice would be dedicated enough to cut many cards, and this is supposed to be a very dedicated squad. I also don't think that the cards a novice would cut would be very high in quality, and I think we'd waste valuable time explaining arguments to the novice.

Sorry and better luck next year.

Yeah, I'm in and would like to contribute. I joined last year, but was only a novice. This year, I'm going to be a junior/3rd year debater, and I would really like to get serious about the topic.

P.S> I like the whole squad-idea, I normally work on projects separate from the rest of my team anyway, and it would be nice to have another group to share/thrown around ideas/work on unique projects with. Cool, thanks.

Oh, and my e-mail is: gbullington44@gmail.com it'd be great if you could add me