X Spike

Protest Aff For Sale

The protest affirmative will be for sale for $18 in a few days.

Anyone interested should contact me via PM.

Edited by X Spike

Could you summarize the just of it for me? I'm looking for a second over the top aff to run with my already written performance 1ac.

Could you summarize the just of it for me? I'm looking for a second over the top aff to run with my already written performance 1ac.

Sure thing. This is the explanation of the aff included in the strategy and introduction page:

"To run this aff well you need to know some history. If you don’t already know, in 2003 there was a week or so of protests before Colin Powell spoke at the UN all around the world: millions of people from Rome to New York to London to DC. They demonstrated, they told the State they didn’t want a war, and then after Colin Powell spoke, they all went home and nothing happened. The aff investigates why these protests failed, and presents a better strategy for resisting the State and the imperial methods it uses to wage war, centering the locus for this re-invention of protest and activism around the war in Iraq. The methodology we present to oppose imperialism is a micropolitical movement: what Deleuze and Guattari call a politics of desire where we focus on how the individual can attempt to physically or materially impede State affairs: whereas current political strategies are captured within capitalism and the State (vendors at protests, sound and walking permits for marches, protesters policing themselves, etc… Churchill talks about this a lot, read the whole card), we offer a method of thinking that is outside of the State. The advocacy engages this sort of micropolitics of desire to spur bottom-up movements against the State that would result in a withdrawal from Iraq. That probably solves things like the way we create fascism (the Bell evidence) and for imperialist desires that fuel war and genocide (Churchill)."

Could you disclose the table of contents?

This is one of those files that I don't plan on reading, but enjoy seeing.

After reading that, you have at least one buyer.

Not that it will make the difference of if I will buy it or not, are the cards specific to Iraq, or is it interchangeable?

If you liked/bought the Iraq file I was/am selling, you will enjoy this file as it is functionally a BETTER VERSION of that file. There is a substantial amount of new angles/evidence, but most importantly it's a more polished and strategic version of the Iraq aff in my signature.

I guess what I'm saying here is: buy this file because it's the best 1AC on the topic.

Maury: I was looking at the table of contents on your aff and when I came across the "death does not exist" cards at the bottom I burst out laughing. I'd like to see a neg team respond to that.

Maury: I was looking at the table of contents on your aff and when I came across the "death does not exist" cards at the bottom I burst out laughing. I'd like to see a neg team respond to that.

They really just don't know how.

• Upvote 1

material death exists and is scientifically quantifiable?

• Downvote 1

I'm pretty sure that I know where that card comes from even though I haven't seen Maury's file. If it's what I'm thinking of, it comes from an article from the huffington post and is actually a decent card.

also: that file seems like it's worth it just for the K answers alone. can most of them can transfer to a policy aff?

additionally: has anyone else noticed the applicability of songs from The Lion King to metaphysics?

Edited by Chaos
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

also: that file seems like it's worth it just for the K answers alone. can most of them can transfer to a policy aff?

Depends. Some of the cards might, but the aff is all about comparing the alt to the micropolitics of the aff, so not always...

additionally: has anyone else noticed the applicability of songs from The Lion King to metaphysics?

I see you go to Claremont

Can we not derail this thread?

Kthx.

note that advertising files for sale other than through Evazon violates the terms of service of your account

Yeah, I'd be using Evazon if it was working, but I need the money now.

note that advertising files for sale other than through Evazon violates the terms of service of your account

Extreme amounts of precedent exist for why this is allowed in the evidence trading forum, dating from Cook's Nietzsche file to Bonnets "Becoming African" aff, to my DnG stuff.

I suppose if worst comes to worst, Chris can always advertise the file as "for trade" but not disclose the terms of the trade except by email.