Sign in to follow this  
MrMarantz

Task Force 373

I heard about a team running a "remove TF 373 from Afghanistan" aff. Any thoughts on a neg strat?

I wouldn't know who is running it, but it seems like it would be a pretty good case (although I'm not sure how substantial the reduction in troops would be, so you could run topicality against it). In case anyone doesn't remember it's relevance, check out this article from last July about the WikiLeaks: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/25/task-force-373-secret-afghanistan-taliban

What advantages does the team who is running this case claim? Unless they are entirely specific to Task Force 373, you shouldn't have much trouble running your typical Afghanistan-related offense (and if they claim it doesn't link, that just solidifies your defense on the case). A good case and disad debate is always fun.

Edited by aburo
spelling

Look into Austin Long's article "Small is Beautiful: The Counterterrorism Option in Afghanistan" - I believe it specifically says that 13,000 Special Ops troops specifically engaging in "hit and run" (assassination) techniques would be a good idea. If it's not in that article, it's in another of his for sure.

Sign in to follow this