kwaiix3

Dissad.'s

Hey, I was just wondering what were some good Gen. Negative arguments to run.

Some great Dissad.'s and just general FYI for when running the negative.

Im currently running a consult NATO cp.

-CMR Dissad.

and Im considering running the Lasers DA from "Gonzaga Debate Institute"

but any kind of help would be mucho' appreciated.

• Downvote 1

yes, diss ads.

my spelling is terrible.

and i actually like tht commerical.

but can you help with my slight issue on diss ads?

• Downvote 1

Everything you listed in your strat is terrible. Just cut a basic hege DA or politics. Deterrence is pretty sweet against Turkey too.

• Upvote 1

cool.

so Politics, Hedge, & CMR

[im keeping the CMR because everyone has lost o it thus far. haha :]

Spark and wipeout are also plausible dissad.'s on this topic

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i think im going to do a:

CMR DA, Start DA, & Deterrence DA, i might throw in a Hedge or primeacy DA.

states cp is extremely applicable here as well...

What's the impact to your "Hedge DA"? Something environmental, i expect...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On this topic you really only need 2 generic disads to win debates

A well-blocked primacy/deterrence disad

and a politics disad

If an aff has big advantages, deterrence will outweigh it. There's a reason why great power war stopped after the US rose to power. Sure, there may be squabbles here and there, but there's no Napoleonic wars that ravaged the 19th century nor the world wars that exterminated tremendous portions of the population. No stalin, no mao, they all fell. People like to hate on us, but the fact is someone's gotta be the cop. seriously this outweighs all there advantages. Even if the US is a hegemon, we can't maintain credibility without exerting our power.

Politics will be for any small affs that don't like link to deterrence, since the aff is small, it'll probs outweigh their advantages

• Upvote 1

Granted I rarely run DAs, my partner and I have had pretty good experiences with an A.B.L. (Air Bourne Lasers) Dis Ad. It's like reverse spending except the money is said to go to the defense budget, and the congress/contractors will demand lasers for better defense. Yes, it sounds retarded, but normally the other team takes it as a joke and either drop it or don't answer it well at all. We've won on it in all 6-7 debates we have run it in.

In a semifinals round we used it in, the judges asked to see the cards to see if it was legitimate or not. One judge responded with, "This is so specific it's retarded" after looking it over. The Dartmouth version has a few pretty decent advantage turns in it too. It's definitely worth at least looking over.

Edited by InTheFlesh
Spelling errors
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Granted I rarely run DAs, my partner and I have had pretty good experiences with an A.B.L. (Air Bourne Lasers) Dis Ad. It's like reverse spending except the money is said to go to the defense budget, and the congress/contractors will demand lasers for better defense. Yes, it sounds retarded, but normally the other team takes it as a joke and either drop it or don't answer it well at all. We've won on it in all 6-7 debates we have run it in.

In a semifinals round we used it in, the judges asked to see the cards to see if it was legitimate or not. One judge responded with, "This is so specific it's retarded" after looking it over. The Dartmouth version has a few pretty decent advantage turns in it too. It's definitely worth at least looking over.

thank you sooo much! i had a michigan verson, but it was so confusing... lol thanks for the explanation <3

A well-blocked primacy/deterrence disad

and a politics disad

If an aff has big advantages, deterrence will outweigh it. There's a reason why great power war stopped after the US rose to power. Sure, there may be squabbles here and there, but there's no Napoleonic wars that ravaged the 19th century nor the world wars that exterminated tremendous portions of the population. No stalin, no mao, they all fell. People like to hate on us, but the fact is someone's gotta be the cop. seriously this outweighs all there advantages. Even if the US is a hegemon, we can't maintain credibility without exerting our power.

Politics will be for any small affs that don't like link to deterrence, since the aff is small, it'll probs outweigh their advantages

I have the MI Deterrance file, its a good 250 pages i think lol.

It covers EVERYTHING! im running it at finals this month, and maybe at a few other tournaments before I go to new york at the end of the season.

=)

• Upvote 1

Generic Links bad but sadly this is 75% of what I hit this year

i think im going to do a:

CMR DA, Start DA, & Deterrence DA, i might throw in a Hedge or primeacy DA.

Dude START is non unique. If you run a politics da you will have to cut a new one every week b/c they get nu'ed all the time. Plus, all of your generic da's link into your NATO cp. run specific strats.... troll

I'm from Kansas and our season is over, but i'll give you like specific strategies.

For Afghanistan i ran 3 disads - India Relations DA, Heg, and also Politics

Turkey - Iran Proliferation DA (pretty good because it turns a advantage to most cases) Reverse Spending - Space, and also Politics and XO w. prez powers

Kuwait - Oil Disad, Indian Relations, Deterrence, Appeasement, Politics

Iraq - Oil Disad, Troops Spillover DA, Indian Relations

S. Korea - Deterrence (Turns Case), Appeasement, Troops Spillover, Politics, China Aggression

Japan - Senkaku Islands, Guam Shift (good with lay judges), Japan Econ, Politics, Appeasement or Heg

This just gives you rather a good idea on what you can run and helps you get a good strat to what to go for after the block. If you need any of these just email me at Dylanjc93@aol.com i have them home cut with good specific links. Good luck on your season!

thanks everyone! :D

I have 3 more tournaments before the end of my season.

I was wondering if anyone had a good SKIFTA an or NATO DA?