Sign in to follow this  
gopal

College Basketball 2010-11

Probably the dumbest thing that's been said.

Lol. Just wait until you see Josh Selby. He will dazzle you with what he can do with the ball. Hes gonna break ankles and make highlight reels. But theres a reason that no one in the ACC recruited him despite the fact that hes right here. Headcase doesnt adequately describe it. His mom worked a minimum wage job and he was driving a tricked out Range Rover to class in high school. And his senior year he bought a brand new Benz. Maybe its agent money, but there are other rumors about how he got it too. I know people in Bmore bball circles. Their description of him is that if you can think of something that you wouldnt want someone to do, that hes done it. He was a top 10 recruit who got kicked out of his high school (which pretty much never happens) because of all the felonies he committed. And I havent gotten to the fact that hes a PG whos version of a pass is off the backboard so he can slam it home. Good luck to you because I dont really dislike KU... that situation is just so flammable I dont see how Bill Self can keep it from blowing up.

Hell, his mom asked Gary to recruit him (I doubt he wouldve come anyhow) and Gary flat out said no, we dont want your son. And as bad as UMD recruiting has been, there was absolutely no one who was upset with that decision because there are enough people who know enough things about Selby to know that we should stay as far away from him as possible.

For some reason I fail to believe Self would put up with that shit if it got out of hand. Kansas w/ Selby = Final Four contender. Kansas w/o Selby = Still a fucking top 25 team.

For some reason I fail to believe Self would put up with that shit if it got out of hand. Kansas w/ Selby = Final Four contender. Kansas w/o Selby = Still a fucking top 25 team.

Provided Northern Iowa doesnt show up.

• Downvote 1

Lol. Just wait until you see Josh Selby. He will dazzle you with what he can do with the ball. Hes gonna break ankles and make highlight reels. But theres a reason that no one in the ACC recruited him despite the fact that hes right here. Headcase doesnt adequately describe it. His mom worked a minimum wage job and he was driving a tricked out Range Rover to class in high school. And his senior year he bought a brand new Benz. Maybe its agent money, but there are other rumors about how he got it too. I know people in Bmore bball circles. Their description of him is that if you can think of something that you wouldnt want someone to do, that hes done it. He was a top 10 recruit who got kicked out of his high school (which pretty much never happens) because of all the felonies he committed. And I havent gotten to the fact that hes a PG whos version of a pass is off the backboard so he can slam it home. Good luck to you because I dont really dislike KU... that situation is just so flammable I dont see how Bill Self can keep it from blowing up.

Hell, his mom asked Gary to recruit him (I doubt he wouldve come anyhow) and Gary flat out said no, we dont want your son. And as bad as UMD recruiting has been, there was absolutely no one who was upset with that decision because there are enough people who know enough things about Selby to know that we should stay as far away from him as possible.

i say "we" a lot when i talk about my sports teams. but even i think calling your coach by his first name is ridiculous. did you have dinner with Gary last night?

i say "we" a lot when i talk about my sports teams. but even i think calling your coach by his first name is ridiculous. did you have dinner with Gary last night?

That's just who he is. Maybe its cause the old people still called him Gary from when he played here and it just carried over... but he's just been known as Gary for as long as I can remember.

Pomeroy just started using a system to project offensive and defensive efficiencies for every college team and the corresponding W/L record that goes with it. This excites me.

And the Coaches vs Cancer regionals start tonight. Its officially basketball season.

Now that our pesky starters and head coach are out of the way I'm assuming nothing less than elite 8 for Cornell this year.

Phew. We're 2-0 because that guy on the left is one badass mofo. Oh, and Jordan Williams is starting his world domination tour. 26 points and 15 boards. MONSTER.

Phew. We're 2-0 because that guy on the left is one badass mofo. Oh, and Jordan Williams is starting his world domination tour. 26 points and 15 boards. MONSTER.

Its Seattle and College of Charleston. If you arent 2-0 and looking beastly, then its a big deal.

Its Seattle and College of Charleston. If you arent 2-0 and looking beastly, then its a big deal.

C of C is actually a pretty good squad. They returned all 5 starters from a team that won 22 games and beat Carolina (who I know was down, but this was still early on when they werent playing terribly) and Bobby Cremins knows a thing or 2 about Gary Williams. That C of C team is absolutely a NCAA caliber team. We're gonna get smacked by Pitt because our half court offense is a crime against humanity, but for a team playing 5 new guys in its rotation, I'll take a win against a solid mid and run with it.

-One of the top 10 players in college basketball, who was a freshman all-american playing out of his natural position.

-We have probably top 5 interior depth in the country. Which includes, a 7 foot legit center with tournament experience. A 6'10 ex-point-guard that had a great summer playing for Canada in the FIBA tournament. And added a blue chip 6'10 Power Forward whose had a year of weight training to resolve his only overwhelming negative (believe me, you'll be hearing Sam Dower's name a lot by the end of the year).

-A very strong, defensive back court. Steven Gray and Dimitri Goodson are two elite positional defenders for their respective positions, which will be handy come tournament time. Manny Arop will be significantly improved since an amazing freshman year. Marquis Carter will do many of the things that made Matt Bouldin so good admirably, and will only get better as the season goes on.

Most importantly, this is a team that last year was able to push some of the better team sin the country with a TON of inexperience at all levels of the team last year (like MSU, who they were beating until the last 5, i think, minutes of the game). They had some embarrassing losses at the end of the year but that was largely due to unfortunate injuries and the inconsistencies of a very, very young team. Another year of experience and another year of Elias Harris will do wonders. Especially since this is the first time since Adam Morrison (who would've been to the Elite 8 if not for an epic collapse/some egregiously bad calls) that Gonzaga has leadership that is a) has start talent (this team will go as far as Elias Harris takes it) and B) isn't captained by Stoners (Matt Bouldin was the worst, i know from experience) and shrooming in the middle of the season (Josh Heytvelt).

Albeit this team does have some problems, spreading the floor is going to be tough with a lack of shooters and Meech hasn't proven he can step in as a distributer absent Bouldin YET, but I think that these are things that can be overcome if people play to their potential.

You wrote a 5 paragraph essay and they lost at home to San Diego State.

It'll get worse before it gets better for Gonzaga too. Their schedule is tough enough that starting 3-6 or 4-5 isnt out of the question.

On a much happier note this weekend is gonna be one of the greatest ever. In NYC tomorrow and Friday for the Coaches vs Cancer classic, and then back on Saturday for the football game against F$U (and we still control out fate in the ACC... somehow). Chances I die of alcohol poisoning are >50%.

UCLA looks like a 20-25 win team so far. At least good enough to avoid embarrassing ourselves again this year.

If they cant win 20 games in that softened Pac 10, that would be embarassing.

Josh Selby cleared to play. His first game will be against USC. Nine game suspension, nearly six K to the charity of his choice.

Here comes the seventh consecutive Big 12 Championship for Kansas.

Josh Selby cleared to play. His first game will be against USC. Nine game suspension, nearly six K to the charity of his choice.

Here comes the seventh consecutive Big 12 Championship for Kansas.

lol at 6k. They forgot a zero or 2.

selby is a villanueva [that's code for cancer pati--err, cancer]

having said that, little morris morris tyrod and <insert person here> is a top 25 team

having said THAT

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

I'd put any amount of money on any team in the WCC against Uconn.

Your one liners aren't as funny a you think...

Oh calm down.

Its the STANFORD women that would dominate the WCC ;)

Like I'm one to talk, my team scheduled like crazy and played like crap, now they need to win all their conference homegames and the road gimmies to make the tourney.

Also, it seems that my little quip yesterday was the jinx that beat Connecticut's WOmen's Basketball team

should have done that a few weeks ago and saved UCLA's streak.