Sign in to follow this  
MamaBev

2005-2006 TOURNAMENTS

I KNOW I AM THINKING FAR INTO ADVANCE BUT I KNOW FOR US EARLY SEASON TOURNAMENTS-- WE START GETTING READY FOR THE BIG DAY(S).

THE SANDRA SILVERS (CALHOUN) DEBATE TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO BE MOVED TO OCTOBER 7 AND 8, 2005 TO TRY TO GET THE TOC STATUS BACK!

THE JANELLE C. RIVARD FORENSICS CLASSIC HELD AT FAYETTE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL WILL BE ON OCTOBER 21 AND 22.... WE HAVE HAD A MAJOR CHANGE THIS NEXT YEAR-- IT WILL BE A TWO DAY TOURNAMENT, RATHER THAN A ONE DAY.

PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAR OF SPAM. THANKS!

The calendar is currently a work in progress. . . I am hopeful that it will be complete before we all scatter for summer.

As for LC's 2006 Winter by the Lake, it will take place on January 7. In the "other dates I'm pretty sure about" department, Chattahoochee's tournament is planned for November 4-5; Trion will be hosting a tournament for the first time next year, probably on November 12; Carrollton is set for November 18-19; and Brookwood is slated for (I'm 99% sure) September 30-October 1. . . a factor that Fayette may want to consider before carving the October 1 date in stone.

Hopefully next year we'll avoid putting the Brookwood tournament on a Jewish holiday. I haven't checked the calendar though, so I'm not sure. I think all the Jews in the debate community hate us by now.

Hopefully next year we'll avoid putting the Brookwood tournament on a Jewish holiday. I haven't checked the calendar though, so I'm not sure. I think all the Jews in the debate community hate us by now.

I have. . . they are during the week this fall.

I have a quick update on the Janelle C. Rivard Forensics Classic held at Fayette County High School. The dates are October 21 and 22, 2005. We will have three levels of Policy debate, Lincoln Douglas, Public Forum, Congress, and 6 Individual Events [Duo, Dramatic Interp, Humorous Interp, Original Oratory, Extemporaneous Speaking, and Impromtu]. We will have two registrations for IEs. If you have a team just of IErs... we will not force you to come Friday. IE competition will be held only on Saturday. Therefore, you may bring your team and register for just IEs Saturday morning. We will break in Finals in all IE competition. We will break to Quarters in all debate.

We promise to pay our judges and give nice trophies. The trophies will be similar to the ones at Warner Robins and Northside this past year. We hope to see a larger and more competitive crowd this upcoming year. Most of all, we hope to see you!!

it got deleted off the laptops. :D

I take it that this means that you still need a copy of the results (if I still have it. . . some of my packets ended up with Bracknell).

Totally off-the-subject here, but just reflecting on the Stalin quote in Jeff's sig. . . isn't it sad how true it is that one death often does garner more attention and pathos than do millions of them?

And now, back to the topic. . . each coach received yet another tournament hosting form this past week. Here's hoping that the calendar will be completed soon. Word through the grapevine (school discussion --> Dustin P. --> Claude --> me) is that Trion is checking the availability of potential alumni judges before setting their date. I know that Early is contemplating different possibilities. (Mental note: email Mrs. Martin back soon about that!)

Fayette has set their date in stone.. We almost have the invitation done-- but it won't be released til August. We already have the whole building reserved. We are ready to take on the challenge of a two day tournament.

If your team would like to go please email us with your coaches email address.

Email: fayettedebate@yahoo.com

The teams we are sending invites to:

Lincoln County, Early County, Dodge County, McIntosh, Starr's Mill, Westminster, Pace, Alpharetta, Brookwood, Pope, Parkview, Glynn Academy, Lakeview Academy, Lakeside, Northview, Northside, Gainesville, St. Pius X, Calhoun, Mays, Carrollton, Evans, Rome, Centennial, Lassiter, Milton, Northwest, Chattahoochee, Grady, Brunswick, Warner Robins, Thomas County Central, Camden County, Cairo, Towers, Perry, North Gwinnett, Marist, Greater Atlanta Christian, Lee County, Wheeler, and Woodward.

Also, we have emailed out of state schools with their interest:

Enloe (NC), Celebration (FL), Spanish River (FL), Vestavia Hills (AL), Mars Hill (AL), Homewood (AL), Lake Highland (FL), Nova (FL), University School (FL), Tampa Prep (FL), Ft. Lauderdale (FL), Ridgeview (FL), Pine Crest (FL), and St. Andrews (MS).

We currently have forty schools on the invite list. Please add your school and WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

Fayette has set their date in stone.. We almost have the invitation done-- but it won't be released til August. We already have the whole building reserved. We are ready to take on the challenge of a two day tournament.

Lincoln County, Early County, Dodge County, McIntosh, Starr's Mill, Westminster, Pace, Alpharetta, Brookwood, Pope, Parkview, Glynn Academy, Lakeview Academy, Lakeside, Northview, Northside, Gainesville, St. Pius X, Calhoun, Mays, Carrollton, Evans, Rome, Centennial, Lassiter, Milton, Northwest, Chattahoochee, Grady, Brunswick, Warner Robins, Thomas County Central, Camden County, Cairo, Towers, Perry, North Gwinnett, Marist, Greater Atlanta Christian, Lee County, and Woodward.

Enloe (NC), Celebration (FL), Spanish River (FL), Vestavia Hills (AL), Mars Hill (AL), Homewood (AL), Lake Highland (FL), Nova (FL), University School (FL), Tampa Prep (FL), Ft. Lauderdale (FL), Ridgeview (FL), Pine Crest (FL), and St. Andrews (MS).

We currently have forty schools on the invite list. Please add your school and WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

Wheeler

:)

Mountain Brook- but the budget is so small it probably won't be able to go :sob:

Housing can be available to out of state schools.

Lincoln County, Early County, Dodge County, McIntosh, Starr's Mill, Westminster, Pace, Alpharetta, Brookwood, Pope, Parkview, Glynn Academy, Lakeview Academy, Lakeside, Northview, Northside, Gainesville, St. Pius X, Calhoun, Mays, Carrollton, Evans, Rome, Centennial, Lassiter, Milton, Northwest, Chattahoochee, Grady, Brunswick, Warner Robins, Thomas County Central, Camden County, Cairo, Towers, Perry, North Gwinnett, Marist, Greater Atlanta Christian, Lee County, Wheeler, and Woodward.

Enloe (NC), Celebration (FL), Spanish River (FL), Vestavia Hills (AL), Mars Hill (AL), Homewood (AL), Lake Highland (FL), Nova (FL), University School (FL), Tampa Prep (FL), Ft. Lauderdale (FL), Ridgeview (FL), Pine Crest (FL), St. Andrews (MS), Jupiter (FL), Atlantic (FL), Riverside (SC), Barnwell (SC), Dormin (SC), Bob Jones Academy (SC), Hillcrest (SC), and Mauldin (SC).

We currently have SEVENTY schools on the invite list. Please add your school and WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

Italicized schools have voiced there serious interest in the tournament.

We have sent out information already, so please email us if you are interested in our tournament.

Hahah Jeff, still waiting on our trophies from this year.

No crap my peicie of paper for my speaker award never made it home not to mention we were still debating during the awards ceremony hmmm... i think fayette needs to work out the kinks before they make promises that they havent delievered on in the past

if yall want ur trophies email BK or McNuggets and they will get them to you....

I know trophies are on there way to Lakeview Academy and Brookwood.

if yall want ur trophies email BK or McNuggets and they will get them to you....

mmmmmmm.....McNuggets......

Just for the fun of it. . . check your PMs. :)