Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

[DEAD] [M] Round 332: [MILITARY] Chaos (aff) vs. Kratos_99 (neg)

I'll post the 1AC soon.

For reasons that will probably soon become obvious, we will need judges who like Ks and performance debate.

I am now open for cross examination.

open for cross-x

do you understand now?

I want to have a debate. I would have answered cx questions if you had asked them. In the interest of fairness, you can ask me any questions you like about the 1AC now, although you waived your "right" to cx by posting the 1NC. I understand that you may be doing this for what you perceive to be "strategic reasons", but please stop.

Why did you choose that as the content of your 1NC?

I want to have a debate. I would have answered cx questions if you had asked them. In the interest of fairness, you can ask me any questions you like about the 1AC now, although you waived your "right" to cx by posting the 1NC. I understand that you may be doing this for what you perceive to be "strategic reasons", but please stop.

Why did you choose that as the content of your 1NC?

I don't know. Sorry. You can argue that I don't have a warrant in the 2AC. I just like being silent.

Edited by Kratos_99
  • Upvote 1

I don't know. Sorry. You can argue that I don't have a warrant in the 2AC. I just like being silent.

Sweet, thank you.

Is there a reason you like being silent?

What is silence?

Were you silent in the 1NC?

Sweet, thank you.

Is there a reason you like being silent?

Because i can.

What is silence?

Not saying anything.

Were you silent in the 1NC?

Pretty much. Posting "." was only to satisfy the condition for being able to hit the post button.

Because i can.

Is silence an end in itself? If so, why?

Is use of agency an end in itself? If so, why?

What is "i" in the context of your response?

Not saying anything.

What is speaking?

How do we distinguish silence from not-silence? What is not-silence?

Pretty much. Posting "." was only to satisfy the condition for being able to hit the post button.

Yeah. I had to do that also.

What is the role of the ballot?

Is silence an end in itself? If so, why?

Is use of agency an end in itself? If so, why?

What is "i" in the context of your response?

Whats the relevance of the above questions? Saying this mainly because i don't understand waht you mean or want me to say in respond to the questions. I didn't make any claims relating to any of those questions.

What is speaking?

Communicating.

How do we distinguish silence from not-silence? What is not-silence?

Saying words. Like right now we aren't exactly silent.

Yeah. I had to do that also.

What is the role of the ballot?

To determine who did the better debating. Neither of us attempted to make a framework argument, so not sure how this is relevant either.

Edited by Kratos_99

Whats the relevance of the two above questions? Saying this mainly because i don't understand waht you mean or want me to say in respond to the questions.

Why is silence "good"? Why is the exercise of agency "good"?

Why should the judge care that you were silent?

Communicating.

What is communication?

To determine who did the better debating. Neither of us attempted to make a framework argument, so not sure how this is relevant either.

This is relevant, or it may become relevant later in the debate. Trust me.

How do we determine who debated better?

What types of debate are "better"? What types of debate are "worse"?

Why should we prioritize that which is "better" over that which is "worse"?

Should the judge vote negative? Have you debated "better" than I have?

What is "debate"?

Edited by Chaos

Why is silence "good"? Why is the exercise of agency "good"?

I don't think its fair to ask me questions about claims or arguments i didn't make in the 1NC. Considering I didn't argue anything, i'm not sure how you can be asking about any of this. I really just felt like being silent. I don't think i said anything else in my speech did I?

Why should the judge care that you were silent?

2NC clarification. I'm not sure why i'm obligated to tell you everything i might do in this round and you shouldn't be able to ask me about anything i didn't argue in the 1NC. Like you can say "judge shouldn't care if i was silent or not" if you want.

What is communication?

exchanging information. speaking would be exchanging information through the use of language though.

This is relevant, or it may become relevant later in the debate. Trust me.

How do we determine who debated better?

I don't know yet. No framework has been set up or implied by either of our speeches. There's not even a reason as to why either of us should win yet.

What types of debate are "better"? What types of debate are "worse"?

relevance? did i say anythign about that in my 1NC?

Why should we prioritize that which is "better" over that which is "worse"?

i'm not saying current practices of debate are good right now. I didn't say they were bad either though. I was just silent.

Should the judge vote negative? Have you debated "better" than I have?

well the debate isn't finished yet is it?

I was kind of a jerk in my earlier post, which I have edited. I thought it was important to make sure you saw that I edited it. I'm sorry about that. I feel like you are upset, and want to make sure you didn't take offense.

I want this to be a fun discussion, not a hostile debate.

I don't think its fair to ask me questions about claims or arguments i didn't make in the 1NC.

OK.

Why should the cx of the 1NC be limited to only what was in the 1NC?

What is "fairness"?

Why is "I don't think its fair" a reason why you shouldn't answer my cx questions?

2NC clarification. I'm not sure why i'm obligated to tell you everything i might do in this round and you shouldn't be able to ask me about anything i didn't argue in the 1NC. Like you can say "judge shouldn't care if i was silent or not" if you want.

Why is 2NC clarification good?

Should the negative defend the assumptions they make while being cross examined?

Who are you to tell me that I shouldn't ask you about certain things?

When I asked what silence was you said

Not saying anything.

When I asked what speaking means you said

Communicating.

When I asked what communicating means you said

exchanging information.

I really hate to continue this, but what is information and how is it exchanged? This isn't just me being a jerk, there actually is a point that I'm trying to get to, please bear with me.

relevance? did i say anythign about that in my 1NC?

When you determined the role of the ballot you assumed that one of us would be a "better debater" than the other. I then made a mistake in assuming that better kinds of debate was synonymous with better debaters. The question isn't relevant.

Edited by Chaos

I was kind of a jerk in my earlier post, which I have edited. I thought it was important to make sure you saw that I edited it. I'm sorry about that. I feel like you are upset, and want to make sure you didn't take offense.

I want this to be a fun discussion, not a hostile debate.

OK.

Why should the cx of the 1NC be limited to only what was in the 1NC?

Because you would be asking stuff that would really be annoying to answer because i don't see the purpose in answering it. I mean, it would be pretty silly to turn CX into random discussions that have nothing to do with my speech. As of now, all i'm going to defend is that i liked being silent, and i didn't argue anything in my 1NC. Also, see below under "why is 2nc clarification good"

What is "fairness"?

Shouldn't you know? you're saying its unfair for me to remain silent and not answer CX questions.

Why is "I don't think its fair" a reason why you shouldn't answer my cx questions?

Why is "I don't think its fair" a reason you have a right to expect answers to your CX questions?

Why is 2NC clarification good?

Not that its good, just that its unfair for you to assume i have to disclose all of my 2NC extensions. Like I don't ask you what 2AC add ons you read to your case? You should only be able to ask about thngs i specifically talked about in the 1NC. Like if you warrants to arguments you can ask about those.

Should the negative defend the assumptions they make while being cross examined?

You can only get links off of what i actually said. I should be able to spike out of your link if your link is based off of thigns you wrongly interpreted out of what i said.

Who are you to tell me that I shouldn't ask you about certain things?

Who are you to tell me you have a right to know everything?

When I asked what silence was you said

When I asked what speaking means you said

When I asked what communicating means you said

I really hate to continue this, but what is information and how is it exchanged? This isn't just me being a jerk, there actually is a point that I'm trying to get to, please bear with me.

Look i'm sorry, but I really am not sure what you're getting at. Considering your strategy, i can see why that is, but I don't see how i'm suppose to answer your question the way you want if I don't know the type of answer you're expecting. Information is, well, knowledge about certain things and speaking is transferring that information through the use of language. I mean i really do think thats as clear as it gets, and that really is the pure, unadultered definitions of those words. My interpretations of speaking and communication are nothing different than how its normally used.

When you determined the role of the ballot you assumed that one of us would be a "better debater" than the other. I then made a mistake in assuming that better kinds of debate was synonymous with better debaters. The question isn't relevant.

I really just quoted what it would say on a physical ballot. I didn't imply anything by it or use any particulary unusual discourse or connotations. The judge literally would be circling on the ballot "the better debating was done by the aff/neg"

Edited by Kratos_99

This is the gayest thing I've ever seen.

EDIT: and I know gay things, I once saw a huge homosexual orgy, this tops it, without a doubt.

EDIT 2: It is also pretty effeminate too, as in not nearly as masculine as it should be.

EDIT 3: Going back to point one, the big 'homosexual orgy' I saw was a bunch of lesbians going at it. Thats probably why it isn't masculine.

EDIT 4: I still probably have the URL or the .avi of that orgy, hit me up if yall want it! Aight, peace!

EDIT 5: Ok, this is a little off-topic, but did anyone get the URL of that orgy? Fuck, i think I lost it.

EDIT 5: Nevermind, I found it.

Edited by Chez-Out
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

This is the gayest thing I've ever seen.

EDIT: and I know gay things, I once saw a huge homosexual orgy, this tops it, without a doubt.

EDIT 2: It is also pretty effeminate too, as in not nearly as masculine as it should be.

EDIT 3: Going back to point one, the big 'homosexual orgy' I saw was a bunch of lesbians going at it. Thats probably why it isn't masculine.

EDIT 4: I still probably have the URL or the .avi of that orgy, hit me up if yall want it! Aight, peace!

EDIT 5: Ok, this is a little off-topic, but did anyone get the URL of that orgy? Fuck, i think I lost it.

EDIT 5: Nevermind, I found it.

+rep

Can I judge this extreme gayer-than-a-gay-orgy debate? I have no problem with any of the arguments run so far

• Upvote 2

Unless Kratos objects you can judge. My main goal in this debate is to debate. I didn't entirely think through what my 2AC would be, so I'll be making it up as I go along. Just in case that isn't obvious already.

QUESTIONS:

Why would "it be pretty silly" to turn CX into "random discussions that have nothing to do with your speech"? Is CX currently a "random discussion" that has "nothing to do with your speech"?

Is being "pretty silly" a bad thing? If so, why?

I have not said that it is unfair to not answer cx. I have asked you questions, but I have not made statements of fact.

I don't think that I have a "right" to expect answers to my CX questions. I don't think "rights" exist. Could you please answer my question? Why is "I don't think its fair" a reason that you shouldn't answer my cx questions?

I have not expressed that I feel that I have a "right" to know everything. Again, do you have a reason why you should limit CX to discussions that are only about the 1NC?

Why should the "right" to 2NC clarification include the "right" to clarify the impact to the 1NC?

2AC will probably be up tonight.

Edited by Chaos
couple more q's

Unless Kratos objects you can judge. My main goal in this debate is to debate. I didn't entirely think through what my 2AC would be, so I'll be making it up as I go along. Just in case that isn't obvious already.

QUESTIONS:

Why would "it be pretty silly" to turn CX into "random discussions that have nothing to do with your speech"? Is CX currently a "random discussion" that has "nothing to do with your speech"?

If i answered your first question, we'd be arguing over whether personal agency is good or not, when it may not even be relevant to this debate at all. We both lose speaker points? Probably why most teams keep CX questions limited to content that was actually in the speeches. I think CX has been fine so far.

Is being "pretty silly" a bad thing? If so, why?

What do you mean? "Silly" isn't good or bad, its just really, well, "silly". I think you're just going to take that as you will

I have not said that it is unfair to not answer cx. I have asked you questions, but I have not made statements of fact.

You stated above that i shoul answer questions for the purpose of fairness.

I don't think that I have a "right" to expect answers to my CX questions. I don't think "rights" exist. Could you please answer my question? Why is "I don't think its fair" a reason that you shouldn't answer my cx questions?

Because i shouldn't have to discloe my 2NC strat to you just as you don't have to dsiclose all of your 2AC add ons and answers you might read in CX.

I have not expressed that I feel that I have a "right" to know everything. Again, do you have a reason why you should limit CX to discussions that are only about the 1NC?

See above.

Why should the "right" to 2NC clarification include the "right" to clarify the impact to the 1NC?

First of all, i probably shouldn't have said "right". What i mean is that i probably should be able to do what i feel like in the 2NC including read new impacts and stuff because it would perfectly fair. Its fair because its a constructive. But i suppose most of my 1NC is going to be a responce to your 2AC.

I'll concede every argument you made in the 1AC to make it so your 1AC won't be mooted.

2AC will probably be up tonight

Edited by Kratos_99

I know this round isn't going to be about anything remotely related to actual policies, but I still want to label it with a topic. Is there a particular resolution you're debating (this goes more toward the 1AC)?

EDIT: Don't feel obligated to answer this question if you feel the answer will be unfavorable to you in the round. I'll just pick the military topic then.

• Upvote 1

I want to make sure that people realize that this debate is more about me having fun and thinking on my feet than it is about winning. Please don't use this debate as an indicator of my skill at debate.

I want to make sure that people realize that this debate is more about me having fun and thinking on my feet than it is about winning. Please don't use this debate as an indicator of my skill at debate.

Because if we did that we'd think you were awful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2