Sign in to follow this  
downward747

Oops...I broke my Synergy?

I just recently started messing around with the Debate Synergy program. After I organized some of the files in the virtual tub folder, even refreshing a couple of times with some success, the tub feature just stopped working. The drop down menu does not appear, only a small blank window (I have attached a photo of this).

I'd appreciate it if anyone had a little insight as to how i broke my tub :)

thanks!

post-3828-13040101014598_thumb.jpg

This is a problem I have most often seen caused by "converting to expando" files. What happens is each Heading 1 in a document becomes a document name. If a Heading 1 has a character that is not valid as part of a document name (for instance / and \ which are often used in places like 1/3) I have seen this problem show up. I am not sure besides \ / what other special characters might cause this.

To solve this problem, first remove folders from your virtual tub in My documents one at a time starting with the last thing you expandoed. Once the problematic one is gone your tub should work. Second to fix the characters simply click on any Heading 1 in the document then press Ctrl + F2 to select similar. Then press ctrl + f to open up the find and replace menu. Simply replace all / with something like - which is acceptable and you are done fixing that file and it can now be expandoed.

Also if that fix doesn't work given your image you might have a problem with your install simply re-downloading Synergy might work.

Thanks, Ross.

I tried those steps, even removing all the folders from the virtual tub didn't seem to fix it. I tried an uninstall/reinstall and i am still getting the same thing I showed in the screenshot above.

This seems like a great program....if i can get it to work :)